• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

fauxtrot hooked me up with his girl, Captain America teaming up with Devil Dinosaur to fight Planet Hulks, Cheska is pregnant, the comic industry is fucked by all the Kipps of the world, and I just stubbed my damn toe walking to this desk shit shit SHIT

fauxtrot said:
Wait, what??

shocked_joey_friends.gif

Everyone rediscovered their love for girls drawn by Bruce Timm.

Marvel finally pulled the plug on the X-Men and Serpentine is finally watching NXT Takeover a full 24 hours after it aired
Sounds like it was an exciting day. Sex, violence, betrayal, and a surprise pregnancy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What's this about Marvel pulling the plug on the x-men?

Owzers

I wish Six Gun Gorilla had more gorilla. I had read the first issue awhile ago and thought it was oooooooookay, reread it today along with the next two issues and i'm mostly liking the series but it feels a little bland and not reaching its potential.

edit: and we are still talking about there not being any x-men? I heard mentioning in the Talking Comics Podcast that Sue Storm was missing on the A-Force cover, people are looking for this kind of stuff.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
My new friend is interested in giving comics a shot but she's also a women's studies major and I don't want to scare her away from the start. So far my list includes Ms Marvel, SiP, Saga, and maybe Velvet.

Life and Times of Martha Washington!
Yeah, I'm recommending a Frank Miller book for a women's studies major to read. I will stand by that recommendation.
Legitimately though, that'd be a solid book to recommend.

And also, congrats on things working out with that girl! Shame it didn't last too long before JC inevitably stole her from you. These things happen.

Vyer

Yesssss!!! I used to put my Luke Skywalker figure in there all the time and pretend it was a space-ship... I never had a Batman figure. Us poor kids that got their toys from thrift stores had to use our imaginations.

I never had it, but thought it was pretty awesome. There's only one other batmobile I'd like to get to match that nostalgia rush:

aLZpVpz.jpg

BBTS put up pics of more of the Icons figures. Looks like it'll have some New 52 in there as well.

There's yet another Harley coming in that line too - classic this time.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/list.aspx?list=18213

This might be where I thin out my Mattel DC Universe Classics collection in anticipation of these. I'm surprised Green Lantern isn't deluxe priced with all of the jet attachments.

dat Rock Black Adam action figure

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So how about that
prototype
Deadpool movie mask huh?

Owzers

I watch a lot of terrible movies but i started Scary Movie 5 and come onnnnnnnnnnnnnn. I joked earlier tonight that since the first four weren't good the fifth had to be. Worse. WORSE. How?

Rhaknar

Is the Kipp from the "loaned $200 to a heroin fiend" thread our Kipp?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Kipp values people over comics.

When I first read that, I read it as if you were saying that in a negative way. Haha. Like, in the same foreboding tone of voice someone would say "Kipp thinks freedom should become a crime punishable by life in prison" in a political ad.

Is the Kipp from the "loaned $200 to a heroin fiend" thread our Kipp?

Nah, that's my evil twin. Dude has the same username and avatar as me. We get mixed up all the time.

When I first read that, I read it as if you were saying that in a negative way. Haha. Like, in the same foreboding tone of voice someone would say "Kipp thinks freedom should become a crime punishable by life in prison" in a political ad.
Well... I think that depends entirely on the person.

Rhaknar

Nah, that's my evil twin. Dude has the same username and avatar as me. We get mixed up all the time.

I didn't actually see your post, just people referring to a Kipp in a board known to abreviate names all the time so I wasn't sure.

Rhaknar

Ah. :p
Fair enough. Haha

Also ppl here keep talking about how cheap you are for not buying any Comics so I wasn't sure such a cheap ass would loan 200 buckaroonies :p

JBXKSNu.jpg

I'm sorry Kipp :(

Read the first issue of Rai and it was pretty cool. The art was really nice and I liked the setting a lot. Will check out more issues for sure.

As for other Valiant stuff, I plan on checking out Archer & Armstrong, Quantum & Woody, and X-O Manowar but I'm not sure what else I should look at.

kd-z

I saw some LEGO Star Wars minifigs at my friend's house yesterday and today I decided to look into my LEGO box and try to rebuild my X-Wing which was, like, the greatest thing I had as a kid.

Suffice to say I self-hyped myself for Star Wars and bought Darth Vader #1*. Will read in the evening while taking a break from Majora's Mask. Life is good, y'all.

*also Grayson #1 because it seems you folks like it and Divinity #1 because the preview and premise were dope.

Also, it seems like much lewdness happened in this thread over the last two pages or so. Will catch up later and probably approve.

CBTech

When I read Rucka's Punisher, they kept joking that Daredevil had the worst kept secret identity. I didn't know what they meant, but now I do. Everyone and their mom knows that Matt is Daredevil. A lot of important villains, all of his friends (which I'm ok with), and right now he has been outed by a tabloid for the entire world to see. I do like it that even with all of that information out there he can still hide behind being blind to get people to think that him being Daredevil is bullshit.

Also, it seems all of his girlfriends die outside of the runs I'm reading. The issues where Helen kills herself aren't on MU. Karen dies sometime before Bendis's run. What issues were the storyline that lead to Karen's death? I might go back and read that arc just to see how everything plays out.

Also, it seems all of his girlfriends die outside of the runs I'm reading. The issues where Helen kills herself aren't on MU. Karen dies sometime before Bendis's run. What issues were the storyline that lead to Karen's death? I might go back and read that arc just to see how everything plays out.

Karen died in the beginning of that Bendis Daredevil volume, in an 8-issue long story by Kevin Smith/Joe Quesada "Guardian Devil".

Top Bottom