• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

If you want to pick up New Avengers you should also pick up Avengers, both by Hickman. I don't think there's a person alive that isn't enjoying them.

Actually, New Avengers and Avengers have a much more interwoven storyline than the X-Men.

Kinda sorta, there's a reading order in the thread for the run. The two books run on separate but parallel tracks until a timeskip. That said the two books are far more interwoven than uncanny and all new are.

Uncanny Avengers is a good choice as well

Thank you for the suggestions! Read like 3 issues of each so far and it's pretty fun so far. I'm liking the tone of New Avengers, feels like it's about reeeeal big shit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thank you for the suggestions! Read like 3 issues of each so far and it's pretty fun so far. I'm liking the tone of New Avengers, feels like it's about reeeeal big shit.

you should have read hickman's fantastic fou / future foundation run before avengers to get "used" to his batshit crazy story telling

and before you say "i dont like F4"...yeah I dont either, and it was amazing :p

oh and here's the Avengers reading order:

OMvXvhU.jpg

curb

Banned
you should have read hickman's fantastic fou / future foundation run before avengers to get "used" to his batshit crazy story telling

and before you say "i dont like F4"...yeah I dont either, and it was amazing :p

oh and here's the Avengers reading order

Are there any order concerns for Avengers and New Avengers after the Infinity event? I'm almost done that chart and I've wondered if there's any specific order for those two books after.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
HOW DID YOU KNOW

dope! I hope MU has all of this =/

it does. MU is up to Original Sin which is after all that. It also has the F4 stuff which, seriously, its amazing. And again, I dont like F4.

Are there any order concerns for Avengers and New Avengers after the Infinity event? I'm almost done that chart and I've wondered if there's any specific order for those two books after.

I dont know, im still halfway through Infinity. After that was Inhumanity but its a small side event (but tied to the Infinity stuff) and then Original Sin. Meanwhile, ALL of it involves the other universes, leading up to Secret Wars as we now know. So just like F4, Hickman doesnt do multiple arcs, Hickman does a MULTI YEAR GIANT ARC

its stupid and beautiful and crazy

Boogiepop

Well, I'm actually kind of amazed in retrospect that it never happened before in my years of ordering stuff online, but one of my packages says it was delivered Saturday, yet it didn't arrive at my house. So presumably someone else has it. Now to figure out how difficult it is to get this rectified... (at the very least it's like, the least significant package ever that got lost in transit. Just two cheap, probably not very good games I got from Best Buy).

I really wish we had a Star Wars EU thread for the new stuff rolling out, but I guess this thread will do for the comics.

Just read Vader #1 today. I really liked it. It was pretty well done. It didn't come off cheesy which is my issue with the main series. The main series has too much Star Wars for the sake of being Star Wars, if you know what I mean... References for no reason other than the remind the reader that this is Star Wars.

Vader's a bad ass, but Palpatine is even badder and it's neat to see the two play the Sith game.

Anyway good stuff, can't wait for the next and leaves me hopeful for the Leia comic.

Zombine

Banned
It was kind of weird, I got an extra shipment today from UPS and it was a couple old games that I didn't order. I've never played them, so I might as well keep them.

Rhaknar

It was kind of weird, I got an extra shipment today from UPS and it was a couple old games that I didn't order. I've never played them, so I might as well keep them.

:eek: thief!

Boogiepop

I mean, if you really wanted that copy of Sonic Lost World for the 3DS so bad you just could of asked. I only ordered it as part of my insane mission to force myself through the whole Sonic series...

UPS shrugged their shoulders and said they transferred it to USPS, and it essentially had nothing to do with them. E-mailed USPS, so hopefully they'll be able to sort it out without making it too much of a pain.

Also, at least you didn't get my shiny new New 3DS. It's the Monster Hunter one! And here's hoping my IST package can brave the snow and make it tomorrow like it's supposed to.

Zombine

Banned

Gimme da loot gimme da loot

I mean, if you really wanted that copy of Sonic Lost World for the 3DS so bad you just could of asked. I only ordered it as part of my insane mission to force myself through the whole Sonic series...

UPS shrugged their shoulders and said they transferred it to USPS, and it essentially had nothing to do with them. E-mailed USPS, so hopefully they'll be able to sort it out without making it too much of a pain.

Also, at least you didn't get my shiny new New 3DS. It's the Monster Hunter one! And here's hoping my IST package can brave the snow and make it tomorrow like it's supposed to.

Monster Hunter is AWESOME! We should play when you get it, I'm not that far ahead. I'm loving my New 3DS as well.

Rhaknar

MU updates and instead of reading the comics I'm listening to HotS podcasts or watching videos... what have I become :(

Li Kao

Maybe watching Star Wars somehow unlocks that piece of our brain that allows us to remember our credit card numbers and we just never knew it because everyone on Earth has seen the original trilogy besides Messi? :O

Hmm, but then what does the second trilogy do on the brain ?

Rhaknar

One of us?

Prime Rhaknar could only be sustained for so long.

that reminds me tho, I read 5 issues of Uncanny Avengers this morning while waiting at the fucking bank (thank you based offline reading). Yo that Apocalypse Twins arc is cray cray.

So
Rogue
Scarlet Witch
Wonder Man
are "dead". I'm sure it will all be reverted at the end of the arc, but it was still cool when it happened :p

Edit: well there goes
Cap
too... oh wait there goes
everyone
because
the earth blew up
lol

PsychBat!

Banned

I had this happen. I got Red Steel from gamefly and I just kept it. I didn't even order it.

Rhaknar

Secret Avengers #7 - weird issue, mostly setup for the future. Guest stars Deadpool but he doesn't do much besides constantly break the 4th wall which confuses Hawkeye. Deadpool saying that Fraction writes Clint funny was...well funny

I have shared my wife's art before so I'm gonna do it again. She was asked todo a piece that was somewhat similar to what she did but the sections were different. The faces of Johnny Depp. I think it's so cool.

B-Avee8IAAAKtBW.jpg

Done with Copic Markers.

barrin87

I have shared my wife's art before so I'm gonna do it again. She was asked todo a piece that was somewhat similar to what she did but the sections were different. The faces of Johnny Depp. I think it's so cool.

B-Avee8IAAAKtBW.jpg

Done with Copic Markers.

Wow, your wife is a fantastic artist!

I watched Gone Girl...good movie.

Gone Girl is basically a
campfire horror story for married men

Done with Copic Markers.
Nice! Good to hear she keeping at it. She does a good job of varying the skin color differences of the characters while keeping the facial structure uniform. Was it for a commission?

Gone Girl is basically a
campfire horror story for married men

Nice! Good to hear she keeping at it. She does a good job of varying the skin color differences of the characters while keeping the facial structure uniform. Was it for a commission?

Yes. For a coworker who is giving it to a friend. She worked on it for 6 hours. She doesn't know what to charge.

kmfdmpig

B-Avee8IAAAKtBW.jpg

Done with Copic Markers.

I hate modern Depp, but that is amazing. Kudos to your wife.

Man Peter David is an awesome character writer. Read the latest all new Xfactor on MU. I'm never excited to read this comic but when I'm done I go "oh yea. That was great". The costumes suck, the corporation concept is goofy as hell (and not near as interesting as Caseys Wildcats series), the team characters on the surface don't look interesting and the book took forever to form but then he gets all the characters together and they talk and it's great. All unique voices (you hear that Millar & Bendis!) that are a treat to read. PAD is one of the all time greats but never seems to hold super star status as others. It's strange.

Yes. For a coworker who is giving it to a friend. She worked on it for 6 hours. She doesn't know what to charge.
Yeah deciding how much to charge can be pretty tough. Just make sure she knows that shes a talented artist and she should charge like it. Not just for the hours it took her to actually draw and color it but for materials as well. Copic markers are not cheap.

Rhaknar

Man Peter David is an awesome character writer. Read the latest all new Xfactor on MU. I'm never excited to read this comic but when I'm done I go "oh yea. That was great". The costumes suck, the corporation concept is goofy as hell (and not near as interesting as Caseys Wildcats series), the team characters on the surface don't look interesting and the book took forever to form but then he gets all the characters together and they talk and it's great. All unique voices (you hear that Millar & Bendis!) that are a treat to read. PAD is one of the all time greats but never seems to hold super star status as others. It's strange.

I thought I was the only one that enjoyed All New X-Factor :)

Hmm Scalped this week but I dunno if I wanna order just that from IST...I feel like there is maybe 1 book every other week for a bit...gonna be hard to justified that extra 8% if paying shipping..maybe Ill just wait for a bit especially for the cheaper items and wait for a higher price one to hit at 50%

Luther Strode is weird.

Half ridiculous power fantasy/wish fulfillment, and half mild angst.

Ah well, two issues down, let's see how it'll end.

Also keep reading the title as "strange tale of", for some reason.
-
Ah, so the creator also played around with Crossed. Makes much more sense now.

Been reading Archer & Armstong, just got to the cross over with Bloodshot and loving all the John Woo inspired action. The plot progression in these books are really amazing. Things get done in these arcs and never feel like their dragging.

The Enchanter

Neo Member
I agree with you that the main series was cheesy and I found it overly nostalgic.

Vader definitely shows promise
exploring the dynamics of his relationship with Palpatine and just generally being kick ass, as in that scene with Jabba the Hut
Artistically, I liked some of the page layouts as well.

I really wish we had a Star Wars EU thread for the new stuff rolling out, but I guess this thread will do for the comics.

Just read Vader #1 today. I really liked it. It was pretty well done. It didn't come off cheesy which is my issue with the main series. The main series has too much Star Wars for the sake of being Star Wars, if you know what I mean... References for no reason other than the remind the reader that this is Star Wars.

Vader's a bad ass, but Palpatine is even badder and it's neat to see the two play the Sith game.

Anyway good stuff, can't wait for the next and leaves me hopeful for the Leia comic.

Li Kao

Ok, so yesterday I begun the greatest catch up of all time. I haven't finalized the reading list and there is indeed a money factor, but from what I gather I won't have finished catching up in time for DC & Marvel Convergence.
Well there is still hope I regain some sense and trim the list.

So I re-read the first arc of Justice League (2011). I had already read it but OCD you know... Well, I'm less critical upon a second reading, maybe because I am less sensible to flaws when reading a second time, surely because I simply take the book for what it is, without expecting anything. Still quite mediocre overall, very lengthy, uninteresting plot, you name it, the arc has it. Even Lee is not all-star Lee here imho. That said, with lowered expectations it was readable, and I can certainly sympathize with the difficulty of re-telling for the nth time the origin story of one of the big super-hero teams. There are even interesting tidbits, like the cool "well they will call us super-villains then", but generally too few or badly handled.

Now to read Superman / Batman / Wonder Woman for the first time, I'm pretty sure it will be a lot better. Not a hard task.

Zombine

Banned
Not even one new page of posts? Is that what happens when I spend the day in the OT instead?

67b.jpg

In other news, Amazon put the Batman show on "sale" at 70% off. I got excited and rushed to buy it and the sale price is what they've been selling the set at since forever.

Top Bottom