• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Zombine

Banned
I like a couple. We all got sins to confess.

Speaking of, I read a few pages of a book with panels and word bubbles in it last night :O

manga ;_;

Berserk, Wolfsmund, Vagabond, Vinland Saga. Read them (or start them) and thank me later.

But yeah...it's weird because I know Millar's writing can be trashy and pretty vile, but I like it.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So you're basically a hipster.

I guess! Before Marvel Now I felt super overwhelmed by the continuity of superhero comics, so I (pretty much) only read graphic novels or limited run type things. I read Sandman, Y: The Last Man, Ex Machina, Preacher, Locke & Key, A whole bunch of Alan Moore books, some Batman graphic novels etc, but I didn't know where to start with jumping into ongoing titles. When the Marvel Now stuff started I took that as an opportunity to pick up a few titles, and I started spreading out from there into DC ongoings,, more Image stuff etc. It just so happens that Superior was happening at that point, and I didn't really know where to go with a Thor title until this "relaunch" of sorts. I don't have anything against going back and reading good runs of stuff now though.

Plus he likes She-Hulk. Definitely a lady-loving hipster.

Ha. I liked Conner's Power Girl too. Haven't really got into Harley though. Don't tell Messi but I just don't get the appeal for the character.

Cade

Berserk, Wolfsmund, Vagabond, Vinland Saga. Read them (or start them) and thank me later.

Berserk is w a a a a a a y too long. Wolfsmund looked cool. I don't know what the other two are. I was just reading Trigun even though I already finished the anime a billion years ago.

Zombine

Banned
Berserk is w a a a a a a y too long. Wolfsmund looked cool. I don't know what the other two are. I was just reading Trigun even though I already finished the anime a billion years ago.

5 volumes out now, and I think 6 will wrap Wolfsmund in April. Great series if you like Game of Thrones-ish work with psudo-history thrown in.

Cade

5 volumes out now, and I think 6 will wrap Wolfsmund in April. Great series if you like Game of Thrones-ish work with psudo-history thrown in.

That's not too many. I should give it a go sometime. I read manga even more sparingly than I read comics though and neglect anime basically as much. I'm the worst.

I probably shouldn't mention that out here in Oregon it's been sunny skies and 60 degrees the last few days and all of our shipments are on time.

CBTech

But yeah...it's weird because I know Millar's writing can be trashy and pretty vile, but I like it.

I've read all of those except Wolfsmund, but you talking about it in this thread has put it on my radar. The other three are really damn good.

ElNarez

Banned
wait what the shit the Marville in Battleworld is apparently not a reference to the CLASSIC Jemas book of the same name

you done GOOFED UP, Hickman

Messi

Rat Queens may cover. I am so hyped for this issue. It's just perfect. Betty <3

jPITkyl.jpeg

PsychBat!

Banned
THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS: THE SUN BEYOND THE STARS #3
STORY: JONATHAN HICKMAN
ART / COVER: NICK PITARRA
MAY 27 / 32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $3.50
"UNRELIABLE"
If you're depending on a lying robot not to get you into trouble with an intergalactic criminal science organization called the Library, then always bet on Black.
So good.

ReAxion

This Lady Thor run is the only Thor run I have ever read. Funnily enough, I'd never read a Spider-Man comic before Superior Spider-Man either. I guess I just like to jump on when a big character switch happens.

Get some good Thor with Thor: God of Thunder

God Butcher and God Bomb trades (vol 1 & 2). Skip the 3rd.

Dunbar

Marvel solitics for May

http://www.newsarama.com/23544-marvel-comics-full-may-2015-solicitations.html

I'm pretty out on Convergence so far but I might be able to make up for it with Marvel books because a ton of this stuff looks interesting.

- Last Days of Cap & the Mighty Avengers, Magento, Loki
- New Infinity Gauntlet, A-Force and X-Men Inferno series
- MASTER OF KUNG FU!
- Thor's secret identity revealed
- Uncanny X-Men #600

And probably more stuff I missed.

Top Bottom