• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Reading Batman Venom this A.M. Junkie Batman is pathetic. Just say no Batman.

B9-S_e0CQAAitsw.jpg

Vyer

Aside from the last of us, Sony's last two gens of first party material have been dull as dishwater to me. I even tried uncharted. Just not for me.

Can't believe they killed WipEout for this stuff.

Most of them get really overhyped around here, which gets a little tiring as these days GAF is where I do most of my reading about games. Still, I think Uncharted 2 was an all time great, and I always love me some ratchet and clank. But in general all the hype around stuff like (the rest of the) uncharted, lbp, resistance, etc turned out to just be...meh.

kd-z

Lol come on. She's like the best fit for that sort of thing.

Zombine can you even grow a beard? I bet you're a peach fuzz kind of guy. Or maybe hardcore sideburns with the rest a barren wasteland of impotent hair follicles.

I can grow a full beard in a little under 4 days. I have sideburns as well. I'm just a pretty boy who has to appeal to a specific demographic.
Clearly, Zombine is everything any man would want to be, only more and better.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Another great week for comics, featuring the book that inspired Picasso to start just putting eyes wherever he felt like it. Big week but with this many quality titles, I can't really complain. List time!

Book of forever: She-Hulk #12
snPYfpy.png
VJxbFwJ.png
esKp7Sf.png

Also Amazing:
Batman and Robin #39
Black Widow #15
Deadly Class #11
Ms. Marvel #12
The Multiversity: Mastermen #1

Solid titles:
Fables #149
Lumberjanes #11
Magneto #15
Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man #10
Rocket Raccoon #8
Uncanny X-Men #31

I Dropped This But Then I realised I Was Stupid:
Silver Surfer #9

Still Giving It A Chance Because I Like The Art But You're On Thin Ice, Barbara:
Batgirl #39

Fairly standard tiering of books there. Also I have stubble that gets all scraggly if I let it grow too long.

Li Kao

Can somebody tell me if Futures End or Earth 2 World's End play a part in Convergence (based on what is known about the event or what's in the books) ? I suppose World's End is linked but never hurts to ask.

Can somebody tell me if Futures End or Earth 2 World's End play a part in Convergence (based on what is known about the event or what's in the books) ? I suppose World's End is linked but never hurts to ask.

They do but don't think they're necessary. Probably the only thing you need to know before reading convergence is

Brainiac is collecting different earths, earth 2 heroes (mostly JSA/Golden Age heroes) are coming to earth 0 because Darkseid took over their planet.

Future's end is a fun read though.

kd-z

It actually sucks :/ I hate shaving every 2 days.
I once saw a comic strip about a man so manly he began his day by scratching his scrotum with such might that there was no scrotum left. Of course, his testosterone made sure it grew back in seconds.

I've been searching the internet for years trying to find this thing with no results.

Tbh I'm not quite sure how this is related, the conversation just kinda reminded me of it.

Owzers

I'm looking forward to the iZombie show....i don't have a lot of shows i enjoy watching right now, just Blacklist and Arrow on Netflix mainly. Gotham really let me down, i blame it on baby bruce.

Vyer

I once saw a comic strip about a man so manly he began his day by scratching his scrotum with such might that there was no scrotum left. Of course, his testosterone made sure it grew back in seconds.

I've been searching the internet for years trying to find this thing with no results.

Tbh I'm not quite sure how this is related, the conversation just kinda reminded me of it.

That's gotta be a tough Google search

I'm looking forward to the iZombie show....i don't have a lot of shows i enjoy watching right now, just Blacklist and Arrow on Netflix mainly. Gotham really let me down, i blame it on baby bruce.

I bought a Roku 3 with Christmas money and basically said "This is the year I start watching things."

So far, it's been a €130 internet radio and WWE NXT machine. I'm bad at this. I have borrowed the Game of Thrones blu-rays from the library a stupid amount of times as well and I watch maybe an episode every 6 weeks.

Just read New Avengers 23 since it just came up on MU. Wow, that was a great issue. Much better than NA 22. I guess Kev Walker actually got some time to draw this issue since the difference in art is pretty clear and Larroca didnt have to sub in for a couple issues. I loved how all the different characters were coping with the situation.

Messi

Oh no... What has happened to the art on this second Captain Marvel trade. No no no.

NFcWRsf.jpg

Who is responsible for this travesty?

Li Kao

Is the current Captain Marvel a good ongoing ? Comparable to the Nova by Abnett in any way ?
Because as I'm a genius who want to catch up on things the first thing I did yesterday was resume my Nova reading... but man, that's good. I had forgotten how I liked Abnett sci-fi.

Messi

Is the current Captain Marvel a good ongoing ? Comparable to the Nova by Abnett in any way ?
Because as I'm a genius who want to catch up on things the first thing I did yesterday was resume my Nova reading... but man, that's good. I had forgotten how I liked Abnett sci-fi.

I love it but I believe most will tell you here that it is middling. Carol in space isn't as fun as Carol on earth. But it has real heart at times. One of the first books I read each month.

I found the first arc difficult to get into but it's been great since. A few stand out issues recently and the art is lovely.

Much better than Bitch Planet imo.

I can't speak to Abnett Nova, but it's just as fun as Duggan's Nova. (Which is a blast.)

:(

I miss reading Johns books i like, it's been a long time but there were so many in a row up until Brightest Day.

For the best. The Geoff Johns who wrote Sinestro Corps War is long since gone away.

52 was my favorite work from him (haven't read his GL run) but I still enjoy his work more than most writers. I enjoy his humor in particular in Aquaman and Shazam. The ideal scenario for me is he drops JL after Darkseid War and goes to work on Shazam or another solo of his choice. Amazo Virus has been good but his whole JL run hasn't been that consistent.

For the best. The Geoff Johns who wrote Sinestro Corps War is long since gone away.
No way. He's still got it but he's just wanting to coast on the JL book and do whatever else he does at DC. His best work is always his solo books...and JSA. But that's so golden age it was his own playground of nostalgia.

It's nowhere near as bad as this second trade.

The art in the Marvel now series is wonderful. This is such a let down.

Like.. Wat
Yea. I'm pretty tolerant with artist but that was too much a mess. As bad as that she hullk guest artist *shudder*

I love it but I believe most will tell you here that it is middling. Carol in space isn't as fun as Carol on earth. But it has real heart at times. One of the first books I read each month.

I found the first arc difficult to get into but it's been great since. A few stand out issues recently and the art is lovely.

Much better than Bitch Planet imo.
It's average and forgettable IMO. Not near as good as her NY stories. I wouldn't be reading it if I wasn't reading it on MU.

No way. He's still got it but he's just wanting to coast on the JL book and do whatever else he does at DC. His best work is always his solo books...and JSA. But that's so golden age it was his own playground of nostalgia.

No way to this hypothesis. His Teen Titans was tremendous.

He just ain't got it.

Top Bottom