• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

All-publisher all-you-can-eat service?

I can dream.

It's probably just making CMX a part of the Kindle Store, which I don't actually want as I don't want comics downloading to my poor old Kindle Keyboard.

EDIT: OH SHIT SON TOP OF THE PAGE

I hear they have comics printed on paper now.

Zombine

Banned
This has happened to me multiple times... I've gotten a quick knock and by the time I walk from my room to the front door (10 seconds tops), they're already driving off in their truck without having dropped my package off. Grr...

Really though? Are they fucking clueless. I get packages almost daily. I know these people. My car was in the driveway. They "needed a signature" for a package. I order books, I have an amiibo out for delivery, and a Batman doll.

Why the fuck would Mezco require a signature for a fucking doll?

I'm getting worked up over this because they rescheduled it for tomorrow and I already have shit set for delivery tomorrow. They're going to forget something 100%. Not to mention that I'm on vacation, but I have to do my show tomorrow in the late afternoon when they typically come, so I know I won't be home for them again.

curb

Banned
But Ramona Flowers delivers your packages through subspace, right? RIGHT?

If only. I ordered something Sunday and despite having Prime and the item being in stock, it's not expected to be delivered until the 23rd. Maybe it's lost in subspace somewhere...

or starting from a warehouse across the country.

All-publisher all-you-can-eat service?

I can dream.

It's probably just making CMX a part of the Kindle Store, which I don't actually want as I don't want comics downloading to my poor old Kindle Keyboard.

EDIT: OH SHIT SON TOP OF THE PAGE

I hear they have comics printed on paper now.

I would love that, since Amazon actually discounts their trades and would likely make them give discounted subscriptions.

fauxtrot

Banned
Really though? Are they fucking clueless. I get packages almost daily. I know these people. My car was in the driveway. They "needed a signature" for a package. I order books, I have an amiibo out for delivery, and a Batman doll.

I'm getting worked up over this because they rescheduled it for tomorrow and I already have shit set for delivery tomorrow. They're going to forget something 100%. Not to mention that I'm on vacation, but I have to do my show tomorrow in the late afternoon when they typically come, so I know I won't be home for them again.

Signature requirements are evil... unless it's like a cell phone or something else worth $500+, I don't see the point. And why not just give us an easy option to pick it up at our local UPS store rather than having to play tag with the delivery man when a signature is actually a good idea? Grumble grumble.

edit - Turbo Tax gave me the option to turn my tax refund into Amazon credit and get an extra 10% of the amount I did this with, so I got about $200 in free credit out of that deal. Yay consumerism!

Boogiepop

Usually with this when something is going to need a signature, you can just leave a note on your door/whatever with a signature and tracking number telling them to just leave it. I've taken to doing that by default in such cases, especially since they do at least often call ahead on those like the night before.

Zombine

Banned
Signature requirements are evil... unless it's like a cell phone or something else worth $500+, I don't see the point. And why not just give us an easy option to pick it up at our local UPS store rather than having to play tag with the delivery man when a signature is actually a good idea? Grumble grumble.

edit - Turbo Tax gave me the option to turn my tax refund into Amazon credit and get an extra 10% of the amount I did this with, so I've got about $200 free bucks out of that deal. Yay consumerism!

There is that option to pick it up, but the store is like 20 minutes away from here and you can't pick it up until after 7.

fauxtrot

Banned
There is that option to pick it up, but the store is like 20 minutes away from here and you can't pick it up until after 7.

Yeah, that's why I was thinking that they should have an option where they could just deliver it to your local UPS store rather than the actual UPS warehouse and they'd just send you a text when it's there... but that would be too convenient for a multinational behemoth like UPS to ever allow.

fauxtrot

Banned
Can somebody explain me why you all get so much tax money back?

Most people would rather be safe than sorry and claim zero dependents rather than 1 (yourself)... plus there are lots of factors that allow you to receive more back than normal. I use it almost as a savings account, haha.

Can somebody explain me why you all get so much tax money back?

Could be any number of reasons. A bonus late in the year that the employer taxed at the flat 25% instead of your highest bracket. Earned income credits. Electric vehicle credit that appears as a tax benefit. Capital loss. Exact withholding is difficult to estimate.

Owzers

Finished the first five issues of Buffy Season 10

Finished an Aliens book i bought on the dark horse digital sale: Nightmare Asylum

Both were okay, Buffy had a few bursts of decently fun dialogue, but neither had a plot i was especially interested in. I do look for more from franchises i like than just solid efforts.

PsychBat!

Banned
Rampting up for Dark Horse? I hope they do Empowered first, screw hellboy.

Who here reads Uncanny X-Men? Cheska? Freeza?

go back several pages and check out that cyclops argument.

it was a doozy

and no one says screw hellboy and lives to tell the tale! ARRRRGH!

I get back less than $50 from federal and state combined, typically. Not exactly running out to buy Sideshows with that but I wouldn't do that anyway.

PsychBat!

Banned
Someone call NTGYK.
4402986-w-the-punisher-19-cover-3c8b8.jpg

Sou Da

Oh god we've gone into moe territory.

Mastermen was pretty decent but it felt less in-depth than the other Multiversity books.

Xis

If you could use Amazon gift cards to pay on Comixology, that would be awesome.

If you have a Kindle tablet, you can use Amazon gift cards (using the Kindle app) - but for some reason none of Comixology's sales are available on the Kindle app.

Top Bottom