• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Dunbar

They said that in that interview, but NO WHERE in any of the comics ever has it been hinted at or given any timeframe. Considering the timeframe of her getting shot, and her recovery was talked about and kind of mapped out, there is literally NO TIME for her to have been Oracle. At most she might have had 6 - 12 months of it at the absolute most, if they squeezed it in.
I thought her deal was that the Killing Joke still happened and she was paralyzed, but she received experimental treatments (in some South African clinic, or South American?) and they were able to repair the damage? I might be remembering wrong.

Who knows what shenanigans she got up to during her treatment.

Eieightth is a fanfourstic name.

tumblr_mgn7h5iWb11qj3x3ao1_500.jpg

Zombine

Banned
Can't get over how much I liked Silk. Gonna read it again.

The art sells the book I think. The writing is mid-tier but it manages to move the story forward and it paints a pretty great picture of who she is and where she came from. I would give the writing a solid 2.99/4.99.

On the Cyke and Omega discussion, can't quite see the problem with Cyke's speech, especially since the same could be said to every omega ever. Heck, Bobby Drake could be like that, and good luck ever suggesting to Sue Richards that Franklin should be phased out of existence because he's too powerful. And yes, Cyke training him would also benefit Cyke. So what? We moving into "only 100% true altruism is valid altruism" territory?

But noooo, too dangerous. We never had a reality warper before. Must forget how marvel timetravel works and shit out a resolution.

CBTech

The more I think about it the more I dislike the resolution to this story of Uncanny X-men. I've mentioned earlier than it was very anti-climactic, but it also feels like Bendis changed what he wanted to do for the ending mid-issue. The scene
where Cyke's recorded is message is playing for the students and afterwards we get a panel of a close up of Xavier saying "Where is this Jean Grey School?" Implies that he wants to go there to resolve the issue. Instead he just goes back in time and erases the guy's existence. I wonder if Bendis wanted this to go one issue longer to have a confrontation between Matthew and Xavier, but had to cut it short because Secret Wars is coming up and he needed to do another story before then.
I dunno. It felt like it was setting up for a different conclusion than what we got.

I'm off today so that means it's time for COMICS!

Supergirl continues to be solid. Nothing particularly spectacular but it's a good book with some fantastic art. This arc has been pretty good, and I'm excited to see what happens in the next issue.

Really excited for Starfire now. Between Conner, Palmiotti, and Lupacchino I'm expecting a fantastic book.

LOL, people who still care about videogame ratings in 2015.

The Order looks shit though.

"B-b-b-but you can sell it for $40 when you're done!"

Horseshit. If your big selling point is "you can get rid of it really quickly!" you should be selling toilet paper or advertising for Subway. The whole thing has been deeply insulting to everyone involved. You're telling me that complexity doesn't sell, in a world where Destiny has seventeen threads and MOBAs are the most popular genre right now? That people who play games are idiots and need their hands held through your "cinematic" story? Bollocks to that. Demand more. Demand better.

*breathes*

The premise would have made a good indie comic, like something IDW would publish as a curio. Maybe even Dynamite since they love their pulp heroes.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The Order looks shit though.

"B-b-b-but you can sell it for $40 when you're done!"

Horseshit. If your big selling point is "you can get rid of it really quickly!" you should be selling toilet paper or advertising for Subway. The whole thing has been deeply insulting to everyone involved. You're telling me that complexity doesn't sell, in a world where Destiny has seventeen threads and MOBAs are the most popular genre right now? That people who play games are idiots and need their hands held through your "cinematic" story? Bollocks to that. Demand more. Demand better.

*breathes*

Now dont forget to mention the 5 hours speedrun.
People finish Mario 64 in 23 minutes. LOL, those idiots who spend 120€ on this game.

Owzers

Well, than you would have missed the most perfect movie adaption and one of the horrorgames of all time.

I probably didn't like both games you are describing.

Going back to The Order, i did have a spot open on my Gamefly queue to rent it but i don't know if i'll get it shipped today...I have almost no expectations of it being a good game, it looked iffy from the first time they showed what could have been described as gameplay.

Wow, ever since Braniac hit earth in Futures End, last 4 issues or so, this comic has been amazing. This did not need to be almost a year long weekly. 12-20 issues could have done the trick.

Ant-Man 2 was awesome. Love the way Spencer is writing Scott and making him feel really human. His sense of humor from Superior Foes continues to shine here, and every scene manages to feel fun and sincere. I love
Taskmaster
so I can't wait for the next issue. Hope this series has a nice and long run as I'm already a fan of Scott's supporting cast.

Boogiepop

Finished the Uncanny Avengers omnibus, and I definitely enjoyed it. Mostly the central story arc with the twins and Kang worked really well. The Red Skull stuff was kind of so-so, though there were still some moments there. Axis is just straight up crap though? I guess I'll just wait till I can find a way to read it for cheap or something.

Also, this is a minor enough thing that I kept forgetting about it before I could even comment on it, but is that AR junk still popping up in books? I didn't bother with it, but it screams cheap gimmick and is just an ugly yet tiny little blob stuck on pages here and there throughout. Not a huge deal but enough to bug me.

Now dont forget to mention the 5 hours speedrun.
People finish Mario 64 in 23 minutes. LOL, those idiots who spend 120€ on this game.

It honestly doesn't bother me that much apart from the notion the devs seem to have that this interactive medium has too damn much interactivity.

If someone came to my RPG group with this idea, I'd be all like "This sounds awesome!" and gladly dick around in the setting for a few weeks and drop tons of La Morte d'Arthur references (I read The Once & Future King over the last few weeks).

But honestly, most game stories are just some guy painfully describing his totes amaze fanfic for 10+ hours. If the mechanics aren't interesting, why wouldn't I just read a book instead? I realised this after playing Bioshock Infinite after the Steam summer sale last year. It looks lovely, and some of the Vigors are cool especially the Iron Man punching the ground one, but it's just dressed up in time-travel wankery that's better done in even the crap episodes of Doctor Who.

That's why I only like the ones that are completely ridiculous like Mortal Kombat 9: Nice Job Breaking Reality Everyone, or some licensed ones like The Wolf Among Us. I played Borderlands 2 for almost 100 hours, and while the gunplay was fun with a group of friends, the writing, characters and humour were so bad I just wanted to destroy things when there was a cutscene. I'm not even an angry person. Borderlands writing is just that shit.

I don't even have a PS4 anyway. If it came out on PC, it'd be bundle fodder at best for me.

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOT MS. MARVEL! HEADS WILL ROLL FOR THIS!

ComicGAF, has David Aja announced what he's working after Hawkeye?

Not that I know of. He's just taking his time, drawing the last issue of Hawkeye. Which will most certainly be the best looking comic book in our lifetime.

Now that I think about it, I don't think Matt Fraction has announced any future plans with Marvel after Hawkeye. Guess he's just going full Image.

Lol nobody is and nothing is changing.

The Claremont X-Men are coming back though. It's time to party like it's 1979.

Seriously, can we just have Jason Aaron back on X-Men, writing the Claremont team having wacky adventures? I don't even care if it's in the same universe as the Avengers or anything.

PsychBat!

Banned
There was a recent interview with Dan Abnett regarding Guardians 3000, Geena Drake and Secret Wars. He kinda sorted confirmed that his book will tie-in.

Why not 9.99$?

Don't want to infringe on the WWE Network's gimmick, brother.

Did he? I didn't know. Man, Im really looking forward to Secret Wars but its making me nervous how some of these titles like Ms Marvel and Unbeatable Squirrel Girl are gonna be affected

Squirrel Girl defeats the Black Priests and all of Hickman's other dudes in one panel, everyone leaves happy.

"Everything is nuts."

Best event ever. 11/10, would buy omnibus and not let pages fall out.

Top Bottom