• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

frye

None of the Noir books were really noir, they were all pulp.

The other ones I read seemed like they were trying to do noir and ended up somewhere else because of [ignorance/inability/whatever], this one didn't bother trying

arkon

I really wish more people had read The Movement when it was out. Gail Simone excels at team based books generally, and she pretty much nailed it with this series.

I tried but didn't like it. Dropped it after the 1st or 2nd issue. It's also part of the reason I didn't bother with her new Secret Six series. After Batgirl and the Movement it's a case of only picking it up in trades if there's loads of good word of mouth for it.

kd-z

That Joker spoiler thread, smdh. I usually don't go into these kinds of threads because I trust you guys, but someone mentioned that Zombine was destroying that dude and I had to see that.

Which lead to me reading that thread.

And now I'm DOUBLY excited to read Endgame when it hits hardcover.

Sou Da

I thought The Movement was really directionless, and Green Team was kind of offensive in how much of caricatures they were.

People are weirdly possessive of batman

"Oh I hate the batfamily, ruins the character. MY batman is a super badass lone wolf."

"A shared universe makes no sense. My Batman would be in his own universe and DC should cancel every other character."

"Oh this change is dumb. My Batman is at his best when he fights normal villains like clay face and mr freeze."

"Oh I hate the batfamily, ruins the character. MY batman is a super badass lone wolf."

"A shared universe makes no sense. Batman should be in his own universe and DC should cancel every other character."

"Oh this change is dumb. My Batman is at his best when he fights normal villains like clay face and mr freeze."

Nolan Batman fanboys are some of the most militant ass niggas in human history. Shit is SO serious.

"A shared universe makes no sense. My Batman would be in his own universe and DC should cancel every other character."

Ras al Ghul must really blow their minds.

This always gives me a hearty chuckle.

Nolan Batman fanboys are some of the most militant ass niggas in human history. Shit is SO serious.

This too. Will they just spontaneously combust if Affleck kills it next year?

Question is: Who's Leonidas and who's Xerxes?

Messi is Leonidas, he has the beard for it IIRC.

Shit makes me extra sad because I just finished reading McCloud's "Understanding Comics" and had such an appreciation for the art form.

PsychBat!

Banned
I know it's not fair to them, but this is how I imagine some people who only watch the TV versions of any DC character and not read any comics.

I thought The Movement was really directionless, and Green Team was kind of offensive in how much of caricatures they were.
They were bad books. Ver unimaginative. They were selling the Green Team as "what if ultra rich kids could Biy super powers?" And all we got was an Iron Man rip off and some junk. Tom Taylor would be proud.

I know it's not fair to them, but this is how I imagine some people who only watch the TV versions of any DC character and not read any comics.

I have to deal with this all the time, since my friends are all really into the show Gotham. They will talk about that muck forever, and I feel myself almost having a stroke. I gave it the standard three episodes I'm pretty much obliged to. Never again. Can't take Supermodel Jim Gordon, Baby Batman and Well 'Ard Alfred seriously at all.

I just want Batman to start calling people Sonny-Boy again

BatmanCanIt.jpg

uh-uh girl Batman aint having it *head swivel*

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Ben Affleck is the Batman that sits in the Bat-cave of my heart. Fuck all these other "comic book" interpretations.

Messi

Is their any Batman villian you guys just don't like and it affects your enjoyment of stories with them in it? I can't stand The Riddler.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Is their any Batman villian you guys just don't like and it affects your enjoyment of stories with them in it? I can't stand The Riddler.

Harley Quinn.

Funnily enough, the Joker.

I think it's mostly because every writer wants to use him, and all of them have an Ultimate Important Joker Story stashed away in a filing cabinet somewhere. I still like him if he's included in an Injustice Gang style of story, just because I can sympathize with the other villains rolling their eyes at him.

Sou Da

Modern Harley Quinn or Anarky on the principle that he should really be a Robin villain.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I have to deal with this all the time, since my friends are all really into the show Gotham. They will talk about that muck forever, and I feel myself almost having a stroke. I gave it the standard three episodes I'm pretty much obliged to. Never again. Can't take Supermodel Jim Gordon, Baby Batman and Well 'Ard Alfred seriously at all.
My cousin is the same... Knows a shit about comics and is always shooting her mouth up as she were reading comics since the Fantastic Four were founded but never touched a comic. Every fucking time its the same, I am avoiding to with her in a cape movie at all costs...

Top Bottom