• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

I don't even know who that is. So out of touch. =(

Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy aka Best Princess.

Rosalina.png

So the current Daredevil run has convinced me to read more of Mark Waid. Any recommendations? Preferably books I can pick up in trade or available on Marvel Unlimited.

Thanks!

So the current Daredevil run has convinced me to read more of Mark Waid. Any recommendations? Preferably books I can pick up in trade.

Thanks!

I always try and pimp his Fantastic Four run, his style gels really well with the characters and the "Unthinkable" arc is probably one of my favorite arcs ever, easily a top 5.

So the current Daredevil run has convinced me to read more of Mark Waid. Any recommendations? Preferably books I can pick up in trade.

Thanks!
His Fantasic four run is great
There's always kingdom come which is amazing
His Wally flash run is very good (though I like johns better)
I know I'm forgetting a ton of stuff

v1lla21

Hey dudes. I don't know much about comics even though I've been trying to get into them lately. Last week I picked up Gotham By Midnight, Hellboy and the BPRD, Grayson, and Southern Bastards. What are some current runs you guys would recommend?

So the current Daredevil run has convinced me to read more of Mark Waid. Any recommendations? Preferably books I can pick up in trade or available on Marvel Unlimited.

Thanks!

Kingdom Come
"According to the word of God, the meek would someday inherit the earth. Someday. But God never accounted for the mighty...."

Irredeemable (probably one of my favourite series of all time, it's basically "What if Superman didn't have his moral fibre?")
Superman: Birthright
JLA: Tower of Babel
Empire (believe this is being reprinted by IDW soon)
All of his Rocketeer stuff

I think his Flash stuff is out of print, which is a real shame. DC needs to get on that.

Hey dudes. I don't know much about comics even though I've been trying to get into them lately. Last week I picked up Gotham By Midnight, Hellboy and the BPRD, Grayson, and Southern Bastards. What are some current runs you guys would recommend?
Deadly Class
Sex Criminals
Multiversity

Rat Queens
Hawkeye
Black Science
The Wicked + The Divine
Ms. Marvel

Sunday funday superwhat? Super Heroes, no bowls.

Action Comics #39
Aquaman And The Others #10
Batman Eternal #44
Detective Comics #39
Earth 2 #31
Earth 2 World's End #18
Grayson #7
Green Lantern #39
Lobo #5
New 52 Futures End #40
Superman #38
Swamp Thing #39

Saga #25

Zombine

Banned
Oh yeah, I was going to pick up sex criminals along with The Fade Out. Would Multiversity require prior knowledge? I don't want to be lost. Lol. Will check out Deadly Class.

A ton of prior knowledge. I would say avoid it until you get deeper into DC comics.

Of those not already listed, Low by Rick Remender is my favorite thing on the market right now. It's also only five issues deep, so it's super easy to catch up on.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
For those interested, the second arc of Trees is confirmed to start in May.

Sou Da

Don't know if I asked here already but what's up with the frothing hate for the new Thor that's bad enough to the point that most places I go call her "Whor"?

FeD.nL

Just finished re-reading Absolute Justice for the fourth time and for some reason every time I read it I like it more. The scripting could have been a bit tighter but I just really enjoy reading it every time.

Now waiting for Secret Warriors and Young Avengers omnibi to arrive, can't wait to dive into those.

Nope she's really cool. Just neckbeards who are terrified that their status quo is changing.

Yep, almost as funny as the reactions to the new Spider-Woman costume.

"THE ORIGINAL WAS ICONIC AND A CLASSIC YOU ARE RUINING EVERYTHING MARVEL ARRGH! YOU ARE ALMOST AS BAD AS THE POO DIRTY SPEW!"

Top Bottom