• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

Messi

Seems on par with Spider-Gwen and Spider-Woman. Way better than Captain Marvel.

There can be 3 Hulk books.

I would have assumed her book would be dead well before those but here we are.

I have no interest in a banner book. I'm OK w
Oh cho and I love Jen.

Sandfox

And watch it continue since its the only Asian Superhero with a book. Sure, Cho Hulk but honestly, you think that's staying with Thor 3 coming up?
Ms. Marvel is still a thing if you want to count that. TA Hulk will probably end up being replaced like you said, but I expect the character to keep his powers.

Pak is like the only creator that is really trying to lay it on people that Kamala is also Asian. I feel bad for him as a lot of people forget Pakistan people are Asian.

PsychBat!

Banned
We getting all this diversity but where's the Mexican Americans?

So far we got
Robbie Reyes
Miguel O'Hara

and the new Falcon, but I don't think he's well known.

we need more of us to tell Trump that there ain't gonna be a wall

mreddie

We getting all this diversity but where's the Mexican Americans?

So far we got
Robbie Reyes
Miguel O'Hara

and the new Falcon, but I don't think he's well known.

we need more of us to tell Trump that there ain't gonna be a wall

And two of those are about to go away. New-alcon maybe.

I finished reading Super Famous of Ms. Marvel and I don't get why
she didn't grow giant to fight her giant clone.
. Can she still shapeshift into other people? I'm reading Civil War II right now and I still haven't seen her take on the appearance of another person since that first issue and that was basically just Captain Marvel.

mreddie

not expecting Robbie to go away anytime soon. Dude got a huge push on TV.

He's gone and the sales of RR aren't on fire.

Then again, 4 on the Floor has been a bomba. Doesn't help the book launch just as his MCU counterpart was gone.

I finished reading Super Famous of Ms. Marvel and I don't get why
she didn't grow giant to fight her giant clone.
. Can she still shapeshift into other people? I'm reading Civil War II right now and I still haven't seen her take on the appearance of another person since that first issue and that was basically just Captain Marvel.

She can't grow that big anyways, only up to 10 feet, the clone was as big as a skyscaper

error4041

Got my Zelda artbook today!!!

So much bigger than I expected
E1VEg7G.jpg
U1FvNEy.jpg

That's a Star Wars OHC for size comparison.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Got my Zelda artbook today!!!

So much bigger than I expected

That's a Star Wars OHC for size comparison.

Woah, that is bigger than I thought it was going to be. Is it cool? I'm tempted.

Also, my laptop is trying to tell me that "woah" should be spelled "whoah", which is some real bullshit.

Ponn

Banned
I finally watched X-men Apocalypse last night. I liked it and thought it was pretty entertaining. Apocalypse wasn't as physically imposing as I would like but he came off as a real threat like he should. Archangel was done so wrong is probably my only real complaint but I will admit to being an Archangel fanboy. I literally got a boner at the end scene with
everyone in the danger room in comic faithful costumes

I'm almost through with Omega Men trade and so far yea this has been a crazy good book. Since I don't keep up with monthlies does this story or characters continue in any books or trades?

error4041

Woah, that is bigger than I thought it was going to be. Is it cool? I'm tempted.

Also, my laptop is trying to tell me that "woah" should be spelled "whoah", which is some real bullshit.
Haven't looked through the whole thing, but I love it so far, they even have a page for the artwork of Link on his motercycle from the Mario Kart 8 DLC

Super Sons #1
Really fun issue. I foresee great things in its future. I love Damien amd Jon's chemistry and also seeing into their private life. And Jimenez...oh you glorious bastard your art is aces.

Superman #17
A fun little side adventure, though I do hope we come back to that
shadow man, since it was the only part of the hallucination that not only lingered, but also remained completely vague.
Other than that and it just being a fun issue, I can't say much else. Bring on Reborn!

Green Arrow #17
Good issue with a nice twist and quite possibly the closest thing to "You're a real hawk eye" that I've seen in awhile. Though, I do have a question: Post-Flashpoint, has it been fully explained why Roy left Ollie? They've thrown around some vagueries (drug addiction and a disagreement), but beyond that I'm curious. They both make it seem like it was pretty world-shattering. Not like Dick and Bruce who basically acknowledge their disagreement and have since moved on.

I understand the intent of separating them, but if the Bat family can have multiple books apiece, I'm not sure why Roy can't. He's integral to the GL mythos whether anyone likes it or not. And given the end of this issue,
we're finally about to find out. Hopefully he'll actually add something to the cast and it won't just be a temp gig.

Nightwing #15
This issue gave me warm and fuzzy feelings. Felt a little corny in some parts, but otherwise it was very sweet. I think it's weird that
Jason and Dick seem so buddy buddy. I figured Dick would stake out with Damien
. The art is also, as always, pretty fantastic. Also that
Lady Vic
reference!

Seeley doing god's work.

The Mighty Thor #16
That was pretty cool, but it seems weird that
Sharra and K'ythri would pick a fight specifically with Thor. I assume that will be revealed, since there are numerous gods they could have picked.
Unless I missed something. Either way we're about to see some epic shit go down. Also
way to go Gladiator for getting punked by yet another leader of your peoples. I suppose the old saying really is true: Gladiator is fucking stupid

Green Arrow #17
Good issue with a nice twist and quite possibly the closest thing to "You're a real hawk eye" that I've seen in awhile. Though, I do have a question: Post-Flashpoint, has it been fully explained why Roy left Ollie? They've thrown around some vagueries (drug addiction and a disagreement), but beyond that I'm curious. They both make it seem like it was pretty world-shattering. Not like Dick and Bruce who basically acknowledge their disagreement and have since moved on.

I understand the intent of separating them, but if the Bat family can have multiple books apiece, I'm not sure why Roy can't. He's integral to the GL mythos whether anyone likes it or not. And given the end of this issue,
we're finally about to find out. Hopefully he'll actually add something to the cast and it won't just be a temp gig.
I love Khouri's hype tweets.

caliph95

I feel like this is how it has always been. Cyclical. People demand the "good old days" until they get them and realize books are better when you take the chains off the talent. Then we get some great books, but over time the cohesion of the universe degrades and people start missing the good old days again. Rinse, repeat.
Comic fans like fans in general sometimes don't know what they actually want.

Just hold on we going home. It comes back next month

Shit almost forgot about Low why did it take it so so long for it to get released

Trickster

Hey guys, just received a couple of hardcovers I had ordered, and the store threw in an issue of guardians of infinty.

This is my first of these single chapter issues, as I normally buy HC's or paperbacks. but I'm just struck at how shit the quality is? Size seems to be the same as paperback issues, but the paper quality just seems way worse. There's also random ads on every third page or something ridiculous?

Is this how all of these issues are? I have considered buying some single chapter issues from time to time, but there's just no way I could ever justify that to myself if this is what they charge 3-4 bucks for :/

Messi

Hey guys, just received a couple of hardcovers I had ordered, and the store threw in an issue of guardians of infinty.

This is my first of these single chapter issues, as I normally buy HC's or paperbacks. but I'm just struck at how shit the quality is? Size seems to be the same as paperback issues, but the paper quality just seems way worse. There's also random ads on every third page or something ridiculous?

Is this how all of these issues are? I have considered buying some single chapter issues from time to time, but there's just no way I could ever justify that to myself if this is what they charge 3-4 bucks for :/

Yep. This is what floppy buyers in 2017 put up with. The amount of ads is hilarious

Marvel and DC have shit paper quality. Especially Marvel. Image usually had pretty good paper quality.

Trickster

Yep. This is what floppy buyers in 2017 put up with. The amount of ads is hilarious

Marvel and DC have shit paper quality. Especially Marvel. Image usually had pretty good paper quality.

Can I just ask why anyone bothers with the single chapter issues then?(well i guess it's the same why anyone buys something right after release) Seems pretty ridiculous though.

Just checking quickly, but hardcovers seem to have a better content/price ratio, which doesn't even take into account the paper quality and ads.

Can I just ask why anyone bothers with the single chapter issues then?(well i guess it's the same why anyone buys something right after release) Seems pretty ridiculous though.

Just checking quickly, but hardcovers seem to have a better content/price ratio, which doesn't even take into account the paper quality and ads.

Just the immediacy. I never buy single issues but I couldn't wait for Sandman Overture's HC to come out. So I bought those in singles.

And historically, it wasn't a given that all series got HC or tpb collections. So many people wouldn't have wanted to miss out on something good.

arkon

Not all have ads in between story pages. Some publishers have them at the start and end of the books.

It's also a way to support creators by providing them with a more regular cashflow in between trade releases which could be 6 months apart or even longer.

Stray Bullets is the shit. Stories just stick with you long after you read them like a great Black Mirror episode, or a Twilight Zone episode. But instead of commentating on the future of technology or supernatural like the former, Stray Bullets commentates on the fucked up of the now.

caliph95

I'm in interested in Reading Stray Bullets, any recommended place to start can i read the latest story without starting from the beginning

TheFlow

Banned
I'm in interested in Reading Stray Bullets, any recommended place to start can i read the latest story without starting from the beginning

no. start from the beginning. Killers is literally a sequel, and Sunshine &roses is a prequel/expanded world of the first half of Stray bullets plus more.

Stray Bullets is the shit. Stories just stick with you long after you read them like a great Black Mirror episode, or a Twilight Zone episode. But instead of commentating on the future of technology or supernatural like the former, Stray Bullets commentates on the fucked up of the now.

I enjoyed the first volume of it a lot, despite not being so sure originally. It's very good.

I have the compendium or w/e with the first 40 issues or so on Humble Bundle too. I keep forgetting I have that. Gotta read it sometime.

I started Stormwatch by Ellis and JLA by Morrison this week and both are great. Team books are so fun when they're good.

Top Bottom