• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

Hi Comic Gaf, i need your help! I have a insane long trip soon and i want to read some comics during it but i have no idea where to start. I'd like a complete story of Spiderman, Gaurdians Of The Galaxy or The Avengers. One where i don't need to know much about the characters backstory if that's possible. I've never read anything Marvel before so i figured i should finally give it a go :p Any help would be much appreciated!

If you want marvel I would recommend a couple self contained arcs, runs, etc
- Fractions Hawkeye run -23 issues long
- whedons Astonishing X-men -24 issues Long
- Ellis's Nextwave - 12 glorious issues

Zombine

Banned
Hi Comic Gaf, i need your help! I have a insane long trip soon and i want to read some comics during it but i have no idea where to start. I'd like a complete story of Spiderman, Gaurdians Of The Galaxy or The Avengers. One where i don't need to know much about the characters backstory if that's possible. I've never read anything Marvel before so i figured i should finally give it a go :p Any help would be much appreciated!

Hey! Guardians of the Galaxy is a really nice place to start, because it's universally accepted that the best place to look is Guardians of the Galaxy by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning. This is what revived guardians, and from my pov is the definitive version of the characters. You can pick up volumes 1-4 of their run on Comixology for about $10 a piece. All in all its something like 25 issues.

Caught right up to post Captain America Reborn on Brubaker's run. Why is this so good? Why did Marvel kill off the Red Skull in the very first Cap movie???

You'll want to look into Marvel Unlimited. It's an awful service in terms of literally everything, but all those books for 10 bucks a month is nothing to sneeze at.

Fixed. The entire thing is a mess lol

Messi

Hey! Guardians of the Galaxy is a really nice place to start, because it's universally accepted that the best place to look is Guardians of the Galaxy by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning. This is what revived guardians, and from my pov is the definitive version of the characters. You can pick up volumes 1-4 of their run on Comixology for about $10 a piece. All in all its something like 25 issues.

I prefer Bendis run tbh.

Caught right up to post Captain America Reborn on Brubaker's run. Why is this so good? Why did Marvel kill off the Red Skull in the very first Cap movie???

Fixed. The entire thing is a mess lol
Haha yea. It's worth it for the value it brings but everything about it could easily be improved if they put one once of effort into it.

I'm still secretly hoping there's an entire run of Steve Rogers - Unemployed somewhere down the line. He retired as Captain America for 1 issue before quickly putting the suit back on to assist Black Panther. He quit as he wanted to be a normal Joe and love Agent Carter without fear of Hydra and friends coming after him, it was a fun idea - even if he did just sit around in his wifebeater watching TV.

I also had a dream last night that I was a bystander living in New York indirectly experiencing all the crap that's happened there since the dawn of heroes. I should turn that dream into a comic.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Doing a Gaf Darkest Dungeon playthrough.

You are all already dead ;_;

Only 2 deaths 2 far!

Man, why did Marvel have to plug Captain Marvel into their upcoming shitty Minority Report event? They could have used someone that nobody cares about, like Nick Fury.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The only comicgaf person dead so far is Noray. The other death is FreshVeggie but hes mostly a steamgaf dude.

Zombine has been on deaths door a million times, but somehow never dies. Im still missing most of you anyway because I only have a short roster. Dont worry, im sure you will all die horribly soon enough

Thank you guys so much for the help, im looking into Marvel Unlimited right now but its not letting me create an account because it wont let me put in my full zip code, so that might not work out :') I think im going to start with Guardians of the Galaxy: The Complete Collection Volume 1 and go from there :)

Again, to everyone that recommended something, thank you!

Messi

Midnighter bout to get that Harley quinn bump this week.

e3543d9b-fe26-4e32-a30d-618b40003612.jpg

You are welcome Midnighter.

The only comicgaf person dead so far is Noray. The other death is FreshVeggie but hes mostly a steamgaf dude.

Zombine has been on deaths door a million times, but somehow never dies. Im still missing most of you anyway because I only have a short roster. Dont worry, im sure you will all die horribly soon enough
Whats the full roster so far?

That game looks fun. I want to play it later this year

Thank you guys so much for the help, im looking into Marvel Unlimited right now but its not letting me create an account because it wont let me put in my full zip code, so that might not work out :') I think im going to start with Guardians of the Galaxy: The Complete Collection Volume 1 and go from there :)

Again, to everyone that recommended something, thank you!

If you have a chance, try reading this before that Complete Collection volume 1. Just $5 and shows you how the new team was formed.

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marvel/STAR-LORD-ANNIHILATION-CONQUEST/DEC130736

tim1138

lmao

guessing their next stop is 1940/50's?

I was hoping for some Rebirth news today. This month seems to be an onslaught of DC announcements.

I'd wager Rebirth news will come in February right around when May solicits drop to explain all those FINAL ISSUE solicitations

Shaanyboi

Banned

Matt Fraction's Hawkeye

tim1138

So watching the Xfiles and are there any big two books with similar tomes of a organization exploring the strange and weird.

Paul Cornell did a book for Vertigo called Saucer Country that was about alien abductions. I think I'm the only one here who read it.

mreddie

Man, why did Marvel have to plug Captain Marvel into their upcoming shitty Minority Report event? They could have used someone that nobody cares about, like Nick Fury.

Carol Corps wanted Marvel to push her so...

WWE Logic!

Also, AN Inhumans continues to be badass and Swain, y'all sleeping on Swain brahs.

Top Bottom