• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

Owzers

Will. Give it a look, surprised there isn't a Xfiles or fringe like series at Image.

there is but i forgot it's name, it's exactly like that premise where a group goes after strange occurrences. It has a weird name and i think it got cancelled.

edit: Searched by publisher on cmx, Hoax Hunters. Although now that i think about it i didn't see an organizational conspiracy, but it's more like hunting the strange, it had a conclusion apparently at 13 issues, i only read the first one which was okay.

Messi

New Starfire artist Elsa Charretiers art is different but nice. Colors are lovely too. Fits the tone of the book. Can't wait to see more.

CCL9xsy.jpeg

Her Kori

Gonna miss Lupa tho :(

New Starfire artist Elsa Charretiers art is different but nice. Colors are lovely too. Fits the tone of the book. Can't wait to see more.

Her Kori

It's very different.

I can dig it, though. Kori's eyes are weirdly far apart, but other than that, no issues.

Busaiku

Her Kori

I actually like it, but it's way too different.
Is Ms. Lupacchino done with it?

Messi

I actually like it, but it's way too different.
Is Ms. Lupacchino done with it?

Yep she left because she had some shit happen personally and then couldn't keep up with all her work deadlines. Felt it was best to step aside.

She is doing a few issues of that Supergirl digital first series after Bengals 3 issues. So that's cool.

All Wolverine dialogue just bleeds together for me at this point

grumble grumble best at what I do grumble grumble adamantium is the hardest metal ever and it's on my bones grumble grumble foot long unbreakable claws grumble grumble I'm a bad person because I kill people grumble grumble.
Yeah, I'm the same. I was talking about that art, though.
If you want marvel I would recommend a couple self contained arcs, runs, etc
- Fractions Hawkeye run -23 issues long
- whedons Astonishing X-men -24 issues Long
- Ellis's Nextwave - 12 glorious issues
I wouldn't recommend Whedon's Astonishing if he's looking for a run that allows for little to no background info. Since it's basically a sequel to Morrison's New.
Midnighter bout to get that Harley quinn bump this week.

You are welcome Midnighter.
I suppose. Still, Midnighter should be able to wreck Harley and Deadshot. Floyd's good, but not THAT good. I suppose Harley's got the whole "she's so crazy she can't be predicted" thing going on.
That Harley looks very manly, TBH. Almost like a guy in drag.
The New Suicide Squad Future's End had Harley hulked out on Venom.
What's the Squad's lineup these days, anyway? It's been a while since I last checked, but wasn't Reverse Flash on the Squad...?
Severely nerfed, though. Speed bullet, or something.
Also, AN Inhumans continues to be badass and Swain, y'all sleeping on Swain brahs.
Swain bringing them mind-games. Finally. Wouldn't be an Inhumans book without mind-games.
New Dazzler in A-Force by Ben Caldwell. It's an improvement over her last redesign and I'll take it if we can't have disco dazzler.
Add Dazzler to my X-Men Legends III wish roster.

I read a shit ton of comics last night.

Superman Lois and Clark continues to be the best Superman book being put out.

Justice League of America was solid.

Superman sucks because it's still doing the Truth story line. Feel bad for Yang. "We want you to write Superman, but you have to write what we want".

Omega Men was still awesome.

Grayson was like a psychedelic James Bond film and that's awesome.

Outcast had some good revelations in a issue that dialed down the action to character build.

Souther Bastards was great.

Friday night turnt up!

Timo

Romita Sr house style > Kirby house style imo

You got *all* the erotica collections? I had to scamper to find a reasonably priced vol 1

Ebay seller had all three plus the borgias for cover price of all 4 books, and it was the cheapest way I could get the first one, overpaying for the other three, hah.

hey I feel like we did not appreciate Annie Wu fucking slaying it on that latest Black Canary, so, let's do that

She did tear shit up, it is true. That sheet music page? Aw damn.

I read a shit ton of comics last night.

Superman Lois and Clark continues to be the best Superman book being put out.

Justice League of America was solid.

Superman sucks because it's still doing the Truth story line. Feel bad for Yang. "We want you to write Superman, but you have to write what we want".

Omega Men was still awesome.

Grayson was like a psychedelic James Bond film and that's awesome.

Outcast had some good revelations in a issue that dialed down the action to character build.

Souther Bastards was great.

Friday night turnt up!

Superman's had its moments. The Truth storyline has been pretty good, Mythbrawl mini-arc was a TON of fun and the visual at the end of this last issue was extremely cool.

I've only read the first 6 issues or so of New 52 superman and dropped it because it was a bit boring and also confusing because I was reading Morrison's Action Comics. (I think the writer was Perez).

So who wrote after Perez? Is it Perez > Lobdell > Yang? The depowered superman stuff does seem interesting, where should I start reading from again?

I've only read the first 6 issues or so of New 52 superman and dropped it because it was a bit boring and also confusing because I was reading Morrison's Action Comics. (I think the writer was Perez).

So who wrote after Perez? Is it Perez > Lobdell > Yang? The depowered superman stuff does seem interesting, where should I start reading from again?

I started with #41 of each, which is where the depowered stuff kicked off. It's pretty good.

shingi70

Banned

Perez>Lobdell>Johns>Yang

The Johns stuff

:p

She did tear shit up, it is true. That sheet music page? Aw damn.

Superman's had its moments. The Truth storyline has been pretty good, Mythbrawl mini-arc was a TON of fun and the visual at the end of this last issue was extremely cool.

It sucks for me as I'm only pulling Superman. No Action, no Supe/WW. So I'm reading it, and I get things like see Supes/WW for more details or at the end, story continues in Action Comics. I was excited at the prospect of Eisner winner Yang being able to do his take on Superman and all he is doing is following an outline. There have been moments just like every other drawn out Superman story but it's nothing great.

The New Suicide Squad Future's End had Harley hulked out on Venom.

Oh Future's End, you so crazy.

We don't know yet. She hasn't been in the new one yet

I guess if it's the Avengers Arena nico it makes sense. I wasn't sure 616 nico was still alive.

Yeah, Apex took over Chase's body (because he had the Darkhawk powers, and she could control any technology) and blew her arm off before she "died" (she got better). I was so sad when that happened, I cheered when she came back.

I thought the new arm was made of stone, or at least a similar material to the Staff of One.

It sucks for me as I'm only pulling Superman. No Action, no Supe/WW. So I'm reading it, and I get things like see Supes/WW for more details or at the end, story continues in Action Comics. I was excited at the prospect of Eisner winner Yang being able to do his take on Superman and all he is doing is following an outline. There have been moments just like every other drawn out Superman story but it's nothing great.

Ah, yeah. I've been reading both Action and Superman, and it holds up really well across those two.

Top Bottom