• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

Tales of the borderlands is wrecking me.

Biggest surprise of the year for me. I played Episode 1 a few months back and thought it was okay but not close to Walking Dead Season 1 or the Wolf Among Us. Played through the rest of the series a month ago or so, and I'd put it joint top with TWAU right now. So good. Such a good song selection in that game as well.

"OHHHHHHHHHH! I KNOW IT'S NOT THE RIGHT! TIME! TO-NIGHT!"

As far as I recall, there's only one person that really matters in LiS, Messi. Just ONE.

It's
-----Kate-----
, right?

Owzers

i don't feel the need to buy more Image digital issues before the sale ends now that i'm deep into Zero, when vol 4 arrives from IST i'll start vol 3, when i finish that series i'll move on to Deadly Class. Do i really need to stock up on more series now when i have several i want to get through? There will be more sales...

Messi

Tetrax I have listened to that track so many times in the past few weeks. Those title crawls were incredible. That was one of the moments where I knew that I cared about those characters and that it was one of the best games I've ever played.

Freeza, I get too emotionally invested in games sometimes and it can destroy massive amounts of time for me.

Tetrax I have listened to that track so many times in the past few weeks. Those title crawls were incredible. That was one of the moments where I knew that I cared about those characters and that it was one of the best games I've ever played.

Freeza, I get too emotionally invested in games sometimes and it can destroy massive amounts of time for me.

They really did pick the perfect soundtrack for Tales of the Borderlands. So many good songs, and they fit perfectly.

Messi

Buying some star wars books. I have Star Wars Vol 1 and 2 Vader 1 and 2. How was Shattered Empire and Lando.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
FireflyRebel Galaxy is awesome, it's like a space Sim without all the bullshit. Dope soundtrack too. Easy top 10 for me from last year after putting 7 or so hours into it this weekend

FireflyRebel Galaxy is awesome, it's like a space Sim without all the bullshit. Dope soundtrack too. Easy top 10 for me from last year after putting 7 or so hours into it this weekend

Can't w8 2 play. It looks really fun from all the videos and about a million times less daunting than EVE Online.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Can't w8 2 play. It looks really fun from all the videos and about a million times less daunting than EVE Online.

It's a very simple game with a lot of hidden depth

On topic: Wasn't really feeling Immortal Iron Fist in the first 3 issues but the next 3 (closing out the first arc) were great. Next up is the tournament, which is where the fat cobra stuff is from I believe?

I'm about 300 pages into Bone and loving it so far. I'm glad I went for the one-volume color edition despite the price. Looks way better, and the paper quality is top-notch.

I love Aja's art, would love to see him work on Daredevil for example. But I like my books monthly so maybe not >_>

David Aja doesn't do monthly but he has drawn Daredevil before
RbwshCZ.jpg

"By Ann Nocenti & David Aja"

ComicGAF heaven and hell in one book. Good lord.

Don't know if this was posted, but MU are giving another free month to new subs, with code COMICS16 at checkout. Also includes an All-New All-Different code pack with:

All-New All-Different Point One #1
Avengers #0
Captain America: Sam Wilson #1
Doctor Strange #1
The Astonishing Ant-Man #1
The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1 (I'm assuming this is the newest one, as the offer states all the books offered are not currently on MU)

Rhaknar

Danny is a bit of a dolt isn't he? :p

Owzers

New cmx sale, it's disgusting. Can we just not talk about it? It's just too disgusting, let's not bring it up here.

Thanks to whoever recommended God Hates Astronauts in the previous thread. I just read through all ten issues and it's brilliant. Insanely creative and hilarious.

Rhaknar

This tournament arc in Immortal Iron Fist is some straight up Mortal Kombat shit, well without the fatalities, down to the weird ass fighters in it.

Now I want a IF fighting game :(

shingi70

Banned
This tournament arc in Immortal Iron Fist is some straight up Mortal Kombat shit, well without the fatalities, down to the weird ass fighters in it.

Now I want a IF fighting game :(

This is what got me about marvel not being sure how to do iron fist. Make it a tournament arc.

Rhak, are you still exclusively reading Marvel books through Unlimited? I'm thinking of dropping everything but Doctor Strange and waiting six months. I've only found a few compelling reads and shit gets expensive!

I'm still reading half a dozen Image books and can barely keep up. I need to break out of the comic GAF model of buying dozens of books and never reading them.

Owzers

I was trumping around a little, but Valiant is having a line-wide sale on cmx. You could buy things if you want to.

Rhaknar

Rhak, are you still exclusively reading Marvel books through Unlimited? I'm thinking of dropping everything but Doctor Strange and waiting six months. I've only found a few compelling reads and shit gets expensive!

I'm still reading half a dozen Image books and can barely keep up. I need to break out of the comic GAF model of buying dozens of books and never reading them.

Yes. Even if I could afford to buy new comics (which I can't), one look at my dozens of boxes with thousands of comics I have no room for, nor anything to do with (I wouldnt re-read 95% of it anyway) would kill that idea in a second.

Also, and this part you should know aswell a me (cause u old!), but time really does fly when you're older, like it seems just yesterday I was reading about secret wars hype and now on MU it's already on issue 4 with most tie ins on issue 2. Between already not having a lot of free time with real life, and still liking my games and TV shows and whatnot, the MU wait is a complete non-issue

Edit: also it helps I generally don't care about spoilers I guess

Finished Annihilation and Annihilation: Conquest. Annihilation was some good shit but Conquest was... okay. The problem was mostly with the characters. Wraith was dumb, Nova was whatever, Star-Lord was cool... The biggest offender was Phyla-vell holy shit she was awful. 90% of the her time was spent talking with/about Moondragon and how much they loved each other. The other 10% was spent angsting over losing control or whatever. Just terrible. Maybe the higher-ups banned physical intimacy because they're both girls or something so they tried to make up for it with wordswordswords.

Reading Robin.

It's a reminder about how much I love the World's Greatest Detective, and not the World's Greatest Prep-Time Tactical Martial Arts God

Doctor Strange is the only great book Marvel is releasing right now.

That and maaaaybe Uncanny Inhumans. Everything else is whatever.

Yes. Even if I could afford to buy new comics (which I can't), one look at my dozens of boxes with thousands of comics I have no room for, nor anything to do with (I wouldnt re-read 95% of it anyway) would kill that idea in a second.

Also, and this part you should know aswell a me (cause u old!), but time really does fly when you're older, like it seems just yesterday I was reading about secret wars hype and now on MU it's already on issue 4 with most tie ins on issue 2. Between already not having a lot of free time with real life, and still liking my games and TV shows and whatnot, the MU wait is a complete non-issue

Edit: also it helps I generally don't care about spoilers I guess

Makes sense. I'm going to trim down their stuff and wait for it to pop on MU. I but enough Image stuff as is.

Rhaknar

Sometimes I wonder how I afforded all those comics when I was a kid. I remember I sold a lot of magic cards lol. I guess they were cheaper back then aswell.

I mean, like $4 a comic is crazy, 10 comics (which isn't a lot across multiple companies) is $40 that's almost the price of a new game for example, and I'm not buying a new game every week (or month really). These days I struggle to get a game on sale for $10, and that would buy me what, 2-3 issues I get through in 20 mins probably and probably never touch again?

I don't rag to rag on a medium I still love but...damn son. I miss having disposable income lol

Edit: I guess that's also why so may people trade wait aswell

Top Bottom