• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

List

Paper Girls #4
A Force #1
Spider-Man Deadpool #1
Totally Awesome Hulk #2
Archie #5

Damn these enticing #1s.
Are there more fun, light and humerous books these days or am I making that up?

This week for me:
Joe Golem #3
Paper Girls #4
Vision #3

Interested in Spider-Man Deadpool too but I think it's a mini. I'll probably just tradewait on it.

tim1138

I thought it wasn't that long, though? Didn't it end with Johns' GL run?

Nah, it, GLC, and Red Lanterns trudged along for 20 more issues while Venditti shit up the line as the lead writer. New Guardians, GLC, and RL all ended at issue 40 before Convergence started. Issue 20 is when Johns left and served as perfect end points for every book in the line. I maintain they should have ended the line then and put the books on hold for a year or so and then relaunched.

The only Lantern book currently worth a damn is Sinestro, it mostly stands on its own and Bunn understands what makes Sinestro tick. The current arc with him and
Black Adam
has been very entertaining.

The only Lantern book currently worth a damn is Sinestro, it mostly stands on its own and Bunn understands what makes Sinestro tick. The current arc with him and
Black Adam

Can someone tell me why on Earth
Natu is a yellow lantern with evil pointy ears now? I flipped through an issue a few weeks ago and was like WAT?!

Owzers

So do I. I mean, I like a multitude of things. If I only read one genre of comic, I'd get bored pretty quickly. I'm just speaking generally. Look at how quick Gwenpool got an ongoing after her one-shot. People like fun comics.

Those fools.

*pre-orders Gwenpool*

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So do I. I mean, I like a multitude of things. If I only read one genre of comic, I'd get bored pretty quickly. I'm just speaking generally. Look at how quick Gwenpool got an ongoing after her one-shot. People like fun comics.
I would kill for a new gritty dark Spidey Mini in the vein of Mark Millars Run.
But thah wont be happen. And I dont have Kain to fall back.

What is he up to anyway?

tim1138

Can someone tell me why on Earth
Natu is a yellow lantern with evil pointy ears now? I flipped through an issue a few weeks ago and was like WAT?!

Sure.

Lyssa Drak had a prophecy of the disappearance of the GLC, told Sinestro, and he took her Green ring and gave her a yellow.

Basically plot armor so Bunn could keep using her in the book.

So, I went to the comic shop a little early this week, since I missed the last two weeks due to extenuating circumstances. Pick-ups:

ISSUES:
Sam Wilson: Captain America #4
Extraordinary X-Men #4
Mega Man #55
Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #2
The New Avengers #4
Venom: Space Knight #2
Captain America: White #5
Black Canary #6

TRADES:
Earth 2: World's End Vol. 2
Nightwing Vol. 3: False Starts
Green Lantern: Secret Origin

Nah, it, GLC, and Red Lanterns trudged along for 20 more issues while Venditti shit up the line as the lead writer. New Guardians, GLC, and RL all ended at issue 40 before Convergence started. Issue 20 is when Johns left and served as perfect end points for every book in the line. I maintain they should have ended the line then and put the books on hold for a year or so and then relaunched.

Black Adam

I'm loving Milligan's run on Red Lanterns right now, so hopefully it holds up when Soule steps up (I actually like Soule as a writer. I know), since that's when everyone says it gets really good.

Plus, Johns' run didn't end all that great. Felt rushed and like he tried to wrap it up too hard (Volthoom and his backstory was terribly developed).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Posted this in the wrong thread :(

only 11 issues added this week on MU, pack it up, MU is done ;_;

yes I know it mirrors real life and there are weeks with only a handful of releases :p

Age of Apocalypse #1 (mah Sandoval bae) and Civil War #1 tho. Isnt Civil War (Secret Wars ttie in that is) supposed to be fantastic?

PsychBat!

Banned
4955023-3+secret_wars_9_pichelli_variant.jpg
10 Days

Owzers

Groot #2 was cute, Thors #1 was kinda "tv show i wouldn't watch"

Now if you'll excuse me dear Comics-Gaf, Raw demands my attention.

Uh oh, Messi. Prepare more money

A producer for Sideshow posted this over at Statue Forum in regards to someone saying they preferred the Annihilation costume for Gamora:

That costume was our first choice, Im also a fan of the more modernized classic looking suits, but we were worried about Marvel not letting us doing it because of the exact reason I think is obvious.

Plus, we're doing a companion piece specifically for her, that wouldn't work with any other costume...

And we do have more planned for this line. Captain Marvel in her new suit works with it as well, even though she was designed more as a one-off, she totally fits in.

Angela incoming?

I thought it wasn't that long, though? Didn't it end with Johns' GL run?

No, it goes onto #40.

Of the GL series after #20, I think Red Lanterns is the best. After that New Guardians and GLC are medicore while GL is boring.

edit: Forgot about Sinestro, Sinestro is pretty good too though I prefer Red Lanterns by Soule.

Messi

That's the thing, though. I know Sideshow has been getting silly with pricing, but the only things that approach $600 are the big ones like Darkseid. The new Red Sonja is $550, but that base is huge.

I just have a feeling this is where they push the price up a bit more. Hope I'm wrong.

You're welcome!
I'm glad you liked it!

I mean, that shit is incredible. There's nothing else like it in comics right now.

--------

Here is my drastically trimmed down pull list. Money itself isn't an issue, but I feel like an idiot buying a ton of books and only reading a handful. I'll wait for the MU bargain on most of their stuff.

Archie #5
Black Science #19
Doctor Strange #4
Fade Out #12
Paper Girls #4
Swamp Thing #1

I *might* get the first A-Force issue, since that's the only book that made me pause. Black Science and Fade Out are potential cuts since I'm behind on both series.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nice Davos
face turn at the end of the second arc
. Is it downhill from here or does it stay good throughout?

Talking about Immortal Iron Fist after the tournament arc

Top Bottom