• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

frye

Explain this prize to me because I see Stan da man Lee on there but no Moebius.

I'm gonna guess that these noms were made a committee of nothing but men?

And no Morrison ayyy

I think it's like a hall of fame kinda thing, Otomo won recently iirc

and I'm 90% sure moebius already got his

VanWinkle

Got some awesome stuff in the mail today.

IMAG0263.jpg

ElNarez

Banned
Explain this prize to me because I see Stan da man Lee on there but no Moebius.

I'm gonna guess that these noms were made a committee of nothing but men?

And no Morrison ayyy

It's basically the lifetime achievement award from the biggest comics festival in the world, as voted on by a whole mess of industry professionals from pretty much everywhere. (Or at least in theory, there's been some controversy in recent years about exactly that). Winner gets to preside over next year's festival, among other things. It's pretty much the biggest award in comics, above even the Eisner.

Moebius actually did win it in 1981, so, that's what it means.

Owzers

Hurray for bloodspell buying.

DCBS Smarch order:

Black Magick vol 1 tp
Tokyo Ghost vol 1 tp

Black Science, Saga, Walking Dead.
Doctor Strange, Howard the Duck, Patsy Walker, Power Man and Iron Fist, Ultimates
Unbeatable Squirrling #6 because it's a two parter with the Duck, not buying monthly.

maybe:

The Discipline, MU waiting Black Widow and Mockingbird, I Hate Fairyland vol 1 tp, Beauty vol 1 tp. Still haven't ordered Supergirl Cooke figure because i want to see the final design, it might be an abomination.

Both the Scott Snyder run and the Charles Soule run are very well-loved. I'm getting the Snyder deluxe run hardcover in the mail today actually. Very excited.
Wow sounds pret-
I thought Snyders run was incredibly boring and its only saving grace was Paquette's art and insane page layouts and spreads. What little I read of Soule's run was decent, but not enough to get me to buy the book.
I'm excited for Wein's return to the book, fingers crossed it's good.

I'm a huge fan of Swampy, but in my mind he's one of those characters you only use if you have a great story to tell, he's not a character you trot out just to have a Swamp Thing book on the stands.
-oh, well I mean, you know, different strokes I s'pose
BKatastrophe- I only read swamp thing up until the cross over with animal man. Stopped reading after that because I didn't like the direction it was going.
So Rotworld, then? Yup. Rotworld.

Well maybe I'll just pick up the first trade and see what happens from there

TheFlow

Banned
Wow sounds pret-

-oh, well I mean, you know, different strokes I s'pose

So Rotworld, then? Yup. Rotworld.

Well maybe I'll just pick up the first trade and see what happens from there
Basically, I want a hc of animal man and swamp thing that cover the first 17 or so issues.

Edit: apparently swamp thing got a hc released a couple months back! Will buy

You won't have to miss him, he's going to raid everyone's homes to take their guns so they can't fight against him staying in office past his term.

So, my friend works at a gas station, and one night I went there near the end of his shift to chill with him before we went out and grabbed a bite to eat. There's this guy whom we call "Crazy Scott." He's a nice guy, however he's a ridiculous conspiracy theorist. Telling me about how Obama uses highway cameras to find people so that he can target them, due to a new amendment that allows him to send kill squads to our homes.

Now I also work at a different gas station, where he now also goes. Luckily, he does not recognize me.

frye

you could make the interval a week so there's no daily pressure to do it -- like "6 issues this week" or something

Owzers

I didn't really like the Defenders issues i read, a couple had some nice wackiness but i didn't care about the story overall.

Owzers

now you're getting it

let's all stop reading comics

it's not worth it

i don't see the point in reading comics when the WWE is on twice a week. You need more entertainment than that? Roman Reigns is going to beat 29+ people in ONE NIGHT!

MG310

Boo, NXT house show and the Nightwish show I have tickets for already are the same night. Tough decision.

Also my Harley/Joker statue is has been trapped in Pennsylvania by Fedex since the 2nd.

Owzers

googled Nightwish thinking it was a wrestling event.

O__________O Reminds me of Evanescence with wood flutes.

Top Bottom