• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

Her fans are dedicated and many on Twitter. Shame a large chunk of them don't seem to buy her books as told by her shitty sales.

I like the character, the book never really kept my interest.

Btw, Messi, that Captain Marvel PF is going up for solicitation..... this quarter. D:

Sandfox

Her fans are dedicated and many on Twitter. Shame a large chunk of them don't seem to buy her books as told by her shitty sales.

A lot of the "Carol Corps" people were actually just KSD fans and read the comics through sharing and other means that don't contribute to sales so I'm curious to see how the new book does. I expect the new creative to put out a better book so I'll try the first issue at least.

Messi

Watching the Rockets play basketball like

lS8ROkY.gif

Owzers

Counterpoint: Waid is dull as fuck, and even Samnee can't fix that.

This was my stance at around issue 17ish of Waid's first Daredevil run along with Indestructible Hulk. If i give one a try i'll probably go for Mockingbird, but both are looking like MU reads and i'll get Black Panther #1 the month after instead ( and maybe Gwenpool.)

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Oh shit really?

If you work at a book bindery like I do sure. :)

I think it's one of those library additions we were talking about a while back. Sadly we only seem to have the Volume 1.

This is the first time I've ever seen it so if must be new. We had Chew Volume 1 as well but dropped it last month and I didn't get to grab one before they got tossed. Not making that mistake again.

Owzers

I think i'm going to start using the pull list function for DCBS, going through these pre-order sections just takes forever and is boring, plus i don't buy that many books. Everything was variant covers....and i don't even look at DC anymore. I browse dc/image/dark horse usually/marvel solicits every month when they are announced and i look through the Specials section, that should be enough to get my attention?

The Discipline #1 from Image/Milligan sounds lewd, i bet people are going to buy it.

I think i'm going to start using the pull list function for DCBS, going through these pre-order sections just takes forever and is boring, plus i don't buy that many books. Everything was variant covers....and i don't even look at DC anymore.

Comixology would go a long way in helping you avoid the physical comic buying blues.

Owzers

I would honestly prefer to trade wait than use DCBS these days, but that's just me.

I need a Marvel Digital Code guy.

I'm not sure I can use a poison ivy avatar and support tree killing for floppies, but I've also seen evil dead.

edit: I've also turned on Roman Reigns, or at least turned on joking about liking Roman Reigns since i never did. Superman punches are awful "wrestling" moves. We know it's fake, at least do something interesting.

For anyone who cares, these were the Top 10 Marvel Characters in 2015 voted on via Twitter (anyone was fair game by using the appropriate hashtag).

1. Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
  2. Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)
  3. Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
  4. Daredevil
  5. Deadpool
  6. Captain America (Sam Wilson)
  7. Wolverine (X-23)
  8. Cyclops
  9. Squirrel Girl
  10. Thor (Jane Foster)
Honest to god, if Spider-Man was Miles Morales and Cyclops wasn't on there, I would have called such bullshit on this list. Would have seemed like a PR/mainstream manufactured list.
Swamp thing getting a new series? Yeah I am down
How was his New 52? Aside from Rotworld (though he had the better half, from what I understand). I thought his Future's End issue was pretty good.
more interested in: Mockingbird or Black Widow #1s?
Mockingbird because I just don't care about Natasha.
edit: I've also turned on Roman Reigns, or at least turned on joking about liking Roman Reigns since i never did. Superman punches are awful "wrestling" moves. We know it's fake, at least do something interesting.

I haven't watched the interview, but according to my friend there's an interview where Reigns knows the Superman punch is lame, and that's why he cocks it. To try and make it cooler. Supposedly he's also been trying hard to work on his mic skills. Basically, he's saying "I'm doing what I can. It's not my fault they give me shit to work with."

So I respect that. Still boring as fuck though.

VanWinkle

How was his New 52? Aside from Rotworld (though he had the better half, from what I understand). I thought his Future's End issue was pretty good

Both the Scott Snyder run and the Charles Soule run are very well-loved. I'm getting the Snyder deluxe run hardcover in the mail today actually. Very excited.

tim1138

I mean, that shit is incredible. There's nothing else like it in comics right now.

Yep, it's an absolute shame no one bought it. Although when I talked to Browne about it here sounded just as frustrated by Diamond as he did the actual sales for the book. I know he wants to do more, and has said if the trades continue to sell he'll be able to bring it back.

How was his New 52? Aside from Rotworld (though he had the better half, from what I understand). I thought his Future's End issue was pretty good.

I thought Snyders run was incredibly boring and its only saving grace was Paquette's art and insane page layouts and spreads. What little I read of Soule's run was decent, but not enough to get me to buy the book.
I'm excited for Wein's return to the book, fingers crossed it's good.

I'm a huge fan of Swampy, but in my mind he's one of those characters you only use if you have a great story to tell, he's not a character you trot out just to have a Swamp Thing book on the stands.

TheFlow

Banned
BKatastrophe- I only read swamp thing up until the cross over with animal man. Stopped reading after that because I didn't like the direction it was going.

Top Bottom