• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

Boogiepop

Oh man, new TMNT volume on IST this week. Dang that's tempting, but I'll have to hold off till I have more stuff to hit shipping.

Also, speaking of figures, god that Amaterasu (from Okami) one that just got announced is damn tempting, but like $350 is a BIT much...

Also, speaking of figures, god that Amaterasu (from Okami) one that just got announced is damn tempting, but like $350 is a BIT much...

ARv2dk3.jpg

Boogiepop

oh. F4F. You got me all excited for nothing.

At least they're cheaper than Sideshow.

Are they known for having issues? Some of their human face sculpts don't look great, but at least from the images the Amaterasu figure looks great... Though honestly that company has always been "oh, that's way too much goddamn money for me to justify" for everything, so I've never paid much attention to them.

Are they known for having issues? Some of their human face sculpts don't look great, but at least from the images the Amaterasu figure looks great... Though honestly that company has always been "oh, that's way too much goddamn money for me to justify" for everything, so I've never paid much attention to them.

They're not terrible quality-wise. But they're way overpriced. Anytime I see F4F, I usually just tune out.

MG310

One day I will end up with one of those crazy Sideshow statues, this is not that day. Probably would have bought Daredevil if I thought I had the space for it.

Messi

She has an alt. face, though.

It's a nice piece, but $500 is pushing it. Yeesh. I'd probably buy her at $399.
Captain Marvel I will pay any price

Both faces are bad imo.

What are the chances of Captain Marvel's alt head being long hair Carol?

Watch it be mowhawk helmet.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Need a review on my Image list since I'd like to make sure I am not missing out on any comics whether they slipped through the cracks or I quit too early on the series. Feel free to recommend any from my list that I should drop in favor of others since I don't want to have to spend more than $50-60 a week on comics (Marvel list is large enough already).

My Image list as of 1/5/2016
Black Science
Deadly Class
Descender
Goddamdned, The
Huck
I Hate Fairyland
Outcast
Paper GIrls
Plutonia
Rat Queens
Saga
Shutter
Southern Bastards

I have already given the following a shot:
Low (gave it 5 or so issues)
East of West (gave it 15 or so issues)
Walking Dead (read everything up until the most recent release)
The Fade Out (read 8 issues of it)
Jupiter's Legacy (only read 3 issues)
Lazarus (up to 9 or so issues)
Wayward (2 issues)
Rumble (8 issues)
Drifter (7-8 issues)
Sex Criminals (3-4 issues)
The Autumnlands / Tooth & Claw (6-7 issues)
Injection (2 issues)
Trees (2-3 issues)
Wicked & Divine (10 issues)
Ody-C (2 issues)
Phonogram (2 issues)
Tokyo Ghost (3 issues)
Bitch Planet (2 issues)

Messi

You should just drop all Marvel books as they are only publishing one book worth reading right now. Guardians of the Galaxy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
not feeling Deodato's art in Invincible Iron Man preview, and im usually a big Deodato fan :/

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Need a review on my Image list since I'd like to make sure I am not missing out on any comics whether they slipped through the cracks or I quit too early on the series. Feel free to recommend any from my list that I should drop in favor of others since I don't want to have to spend more than $50-60 a week on comics (Marvel list is large enough already).

My Image list as of 1/5/2016
Black Science
Deadly Class
Descender
Goddamdned, The
Huck
I Hate Fairyland
Outcast
Paper GIrls
Plutonia
Rat Queens
Saga
Shutter
Southern Bastards

I have already given the following a shot:
Low (gave it 5 or so issues)
East of West (gave it 15 or so issues)
Walking Dead (read everything up until the most recent release)
The Fade Out (read 8 issues of it)
Jupiter's Legacy (only read 3 issues)
Lazarus (up to 9 or so issues)
Wayward (2 issues)
Rumble (8 issues)
Drifter (7-8 issues)
Sex Criminals (3-4 issues)
The Autumnlands / Tooth & Claw (6-7 issues)
Injection (2 issues)
Trees (2-3 issues)
Wicked & Divine (10 issues)
Ody-C (2 issues)
Phonogram (2 issues)
Tokyo Ghost (3 issues)
Bitch Planet (2 issues)

Manifest Destiny
Monstress
Nailbiter
Revival

Any of you fluent in Pakistanian? I'm thinking of taking up a second language and I'm wondering how hard it might be compared to, say, French.

Anyone else reading All New Wolverine? I'm really enjoying it.
I've been keeping an eye on it because it's X-23 with Lopez art but I think I decided to trade-wait instead, trying to limit my Marvel intake of late.

Any of you fluent in Pakistanian? I'm thinking of taking up a second language and I'm wondering how hard it might be compared to, say, French.

I've been keeping an eye on it because it's X-23 with Lopez art but I think I decided to trade-wait instead, trying to limit my Marvel intake of late.

Urdu is definitely easier than French.

Hey guys, I have a question about Deadpool and Wolverine, I figured that this would be the best place to ask since there's isn't an OT for either of them (that I'm aware of at least). I don't really have the time to read any of their comics (though I want to one day), so most of my knowledge about them comes from the established lore, wikis, or movies.

Anyway, has there ever been moments when Wolverine or Deadpool explicitly act Canadian? Or have they ever expressed Canadian stereotypes? They're the only Canadian superheroes in Marvel that I know of, so sorry if this sounds like a dumb question. I'm looking to work them in as examples for a presentation I'm doing for a Canadian graphic novel course.

Hey guys, I have a question about Deadpool and Wolverine, I figured that this would be the best place to ask since there's isn't an OT for either of them (that I'm aware of at least). I don't really have the time to read any of their comics (though I want to one day), so most of my knowledge about them comes from the established lore, wikis, or movies.

Anyway, has there ever been moments when Wolverine or Deadpool explicitly act Canadian? Or have they ever expressed Canadian stereotypes? They're the only Canadian superheroes in Marvel that I know of, so sorry if this sounds like a dumb question. I'm looking to work them in as examples for a presentation I'm doing for a Canadian graphic novel course.

You want Alpha Flight for that:

Zombine

Banned
I got the Funk Pop Howard The Duck for 5 bucks, at Barnes and Noble! What a steal!

Nice find dude. I find him to be very shrimpy though.

Edit:

So, are we aiming for 1 issue a day in regards to Hawkeye? It's a very short series so I feel like we should kick it off on February 1st so it lasts the whole month, and people have a few weeks for their IST orders to ship.

Owzers

IST shipment and DCBS monthly shipment incoming, comics. comics!

Also two pairs of pants. Might be more interested in the pants....

Where's my dope-ass Black Bolt statue?

It's something I want

Also I wasn't aware Tim Drake's parents were millionaire industrialists. I always thought his backstory was like B:TAS. His dad was a small-tine crook trying to make ends meet, and his mom died when he was super young. In fact, didn't Boomerang kill his dad in the comics?

Top Bottom