• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

It shows their true colors, they don't listen to anyone but themselves. I love Phyla's gloating to Medusa's face.
but for real, War of Kings is like the weakest cosmic event in the whole Cosmic Event line up.

I'm enjoying the GotG issues significantly more than the rest of the event. I think part of the problem is that Annihilation/Conquest were very much stand-alone while this is more dependent on earlier characters/events.

Also having already read Hickman's FF it's funny that the whole Inhumans ruling the Kree is solved by them leaving for something on Earth (it's only been like two weeks and I've already forgotten why lol).

Owzers

Totally Awesome Hulk #2 still awesome. Chos art is lovely.

Btw, my Batwoman bombshell statue went from picked to out of stock again today on dcbs. It's ok I didn't want the statue or need the money. It's only been 2-3 months.

That sucks. I was going to make a batwoman statue joke/tease at the start of the year but restrained myself in case you were still having problems getting it.

5Or38r7.jpg

Gove Katie Kate her own ongoing pls.
She should be in The New Avengers
War of Kings is making me really not like the Inhumans.

Crystal is ok tho

It shows their true colors, they don't listen to anyone but themselves. I love Phyla's gloating to Medusa's face.
but for real, War of Kings is like the weakest cosmic event in the whole Cosmic Event line up.
War of Kings is not a book that will help anyone like the Inhumans unless they already do. Even then, it's shaky. It's effectively years of pent up aggression and frustration at their standing in the world and treatment by others completely exploding. The last straw snapped.

For me, after reading as much Inhumans as I have, it's completely logical and I get it. But for anyone who doesn't have that much investment into the Inhumans, it makes them seem like a bag of unreasonable dicks.

So I've caught up on both Iron Man and Doctor Strange.

It's been said multiple times before, and it'll be said multiple times afterwards: Iron Man has some gorgeous art. Marquez is so good, it's gross. The story's not so bad, either. Simple, but it works. I do have a bit of a problem with
MJ and Tony somehow not knowing each other - despite the fact that I'm very sure she and Peter were living in Avengers/Stark Tower at one point.

Also, I think I have a waifu. Goddamn it.

Regarding Strange - it's interesting that Aaron seems to be doing
The God Butcher II
, but I can dig it. I don't know about Stephen's new personality. (Does he seem a bit younger to anyone else? Like, he doesn't sound like the Strange I read pre-Secret Wars, although thinking about it, I assume that's the point.)

Bachalo's art works for this book, and he's got some really crazy visuals.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I think I might be done with Black Science. I really just do not give a shit about Grant's mommy and daddy issues. He was always the least likable character in the book so an entire arc of just him has become unbearable. Too bad too because Scalera is killing it on the art.

Sadist

How is Spider-Man-Deadpool btw?

- Totally Awesome Hulk #2 is still awesome. Really digging it. Pak on Hulk duty is great.
- A-Force #1 is off to a good start. Singularity is d'aaaaaaw.
- Vision #3 keeps on trucking. Truly interesting book.

As for Uncanny X-Men #1, because of you guys every book with art from Greg Land Is unreadable. The freaking Monet smile panel. Sigh. One thing surprises me though;
Arcangel is back but is a mindless drone controlled by Psylocke? What happened? Last time we saw Warren he was still the reborn Angel with limitless potential. He didn't leave an Arcangel husk or something like it. Wonder what happened there.

ElNarez

Banned
As for Uncanny X-Men #1, because of you guys every book with art from Greg Land Is unreadable. The freaking Monet smile panel. Sigh. One thing surprises me though;
Arcangel is back but is a mindless drone controlled by Psylocke? What happened? Last time we saw Warren he was still the reborn Angel with limitless potential. He didn't leave an Arcangel husk or something like it. Wonder what happened there.

what happened there was Bunn thinking Archangel was cool as hell -which he is- and maybe going for some kind of movie synergy?

Mindwipe

It's been said multiple times before, and it'll be said multiple times afterwards: Iron Man has some gorgeous art. Marquez is so good, it's gross. The story's not so bad, either. Simple, but it works. I do have a bit of a problem with
MJ and Tony somehow not knowing each other - despite the fact that I'm very sure she and Peter were living in Avengers/Stark Tower at one point.

Did that even happen
post OMD Mephisto? Or at least wouldn't Tony and MJ's memory of it be wiped as a result?

Regarding Strange - it's interesting that Aaron seems to be doing
The God Butcher II
, but I can dig it. I don't know about Stephen's new personality. (Does he seem a bit younger to anyone else? Like, he doesn't sound like the Strange I read pre-Secret Wars, although thinking about it, I assume that's the point.)

Would you go so far as to describe him as All New, All Different?

I wasn't crazy about Swamp Thing, sadly. It feels like a comic straight out of the mid-80s, with all the good and bad that entails. Flimsy story, below average art.

Mega Man #55

Wait, so the book is cancelled? The fuck? I just started the book not that long ago? Welp at least there's all the back issues.

On top of my sheer disappointment, all this issue did was re-sadden me about how MMZX3 will never be a thing. I remember it was rumored to be a prequel where the two player characters were Prometheus and Pandora. Woulda been fuckin wicked
He's not from here.
Everyone's a racist
Every once in a while the mainstream gets something right.
No one likes you
What do you think about it? I am kinda sad that there is so much hatred against it on GAF.
There's also a lot of love for it. As far as GAF is concerned it's either love it or hate it, true to the ever-prevalent hyperbolic nature that pervades this forum. Naturally, of course, not everyone actually loves or hates it, but like I said GAF tends to be really hyperbolic.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
What do you think about it? I am kinda sad that there is so much hatred against it on GAF.

I liked it. I thought Krysten Ritter was great. Tennant was the best Marvel villain yet. I know some people didn't care for the action but I see Jessica as the John Mcclane brawler of the Marvel universe. It did get a little draggy near the end but so did Daredevil. Both shows probably could have been done in 12 eps but it was still good.

No one likes you

Man the mainstream is on a roll lately!

VanWinkle

Edit: and of course it's the last post of the page, lol.

Oh holy crap. Got Green Arrow Lemire Deluxe in today, and it is BEAUTIFUL. The book, and the art. The ART! I haven't even seen more than a few pages of the Sorrentino GA art, and it's astonishing. I had to take some pictures.

Great build also, and the best binding DC has done on a Deluxe Edition. There is no gutter loss, even if you have to pull the pages on either end a tiny bit just to get all the detail on a double page spread. Also, the cover under the dust jacket is not completely glossy. Only Green Arrow himself is glossy and the background is matte. Looks fantastic.

IMAG0271.jpg

IMAG0273.jpg

IMAG0275.jpg

IMAG0274.jpg

IMAG0276.jpg

IMAG0277.jpg

Top Bottom