• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

VanWinkle

The big Johns Wally West Flash TPBs were originally hardcovers as well.

The first Batman Inc and the new Batman and Son collections were also deluxe hc's before getting tpb releases.

The new Flash collections seemed to me just part of DC's recent trend of big trade paperback collections of older material that just happened to match the page count of the first Flash omnibus, rather than actually being a paperback version of the Flash omnibus vol. 1. And Batman Inc and Batman and Son, yes, but those are fairly small and were not collected in trade form, so it made sense. With GA Lemire, they're already collected in trades, so it seems very unlikely that they would do a paperback version of the deluxe edition anytime soon.

I was originally meaning bigger collected versions more like Swamp Thing by Scott Snyder Deluxe, New Frontier Deluxe, Solo Deluxe, Batman Year 100 And Other Tales Deluxe, Crisis on Infinite Earths Deluxe, etc.

But, yeah, you're right. It's not as infeasible as I had originally said.

tim1138

Also, the Preacher Deluxe HCs were made into TPBs. As were the Y The Last Man Deluxe books.

And Punk Rock Jesus started in tpb and then went to HC (and got worse in the process).

The new Flash collections seemed to me just part of DC's recent trend of big trade paperback collections of older material that just happened to match the page count of the first Flash omnibus, rather than actually being a paperback version of the Flash omnibus vol. 1. And Batman Inc and Batman and Son, yes, but those are fairly small and were not collected in trade form, so it made sense. With GA Lemire, they're already collected in trades, so it seems very unlikely that they would do a paperback version of the deluxe edition anytime soon.

I was originally meaning bigger collected versions more like Swamp Thing by Scott Snyder Deluxe, New Frontier Deluxe, Solo Deluxe, Batman Year 100 And Other Tales Deluxe, Crisis on Infinite Earths Deluxe, etc.

But, yeah, you're right. It's not as infeasible as I had originally said.

I know New Frontier is already solicited for having a tpb version of the deluxe edition, and I would be surprised if Crisis, Swamp Thing, and Green Arrow don't get paperbacks as well as they are evergreen titles that will sell forever in bookstores.

Batman and Son actually did have a prior release, the deluxe edition combined the old Batman and Son and Batman The Black Glove trades into one volume.

With GA Lemire, they're already collected in trades, so it seems very unlikely that they would do a paperback version of the deluxe edition anytime soon.

DC often combines the 2 of the smaller 100ish page TPBs into an OHC, then puts the same amount of pages as the OHC into a TPB. If/when is still a question, but it's possible.

Anyone reading Uncanny X-Men and X-Force? Are they worth the investment?
Are you talking about Bendis' Uncanny and Spurrier's X-Force? Because I really liked Bendis' Uncanny, though you'll find that since it's Bendis, it has a habit of being very hit or miss around here.

Spurrier's X-Force is godlike and should be read by all.

Obi-Wan & Anakin #1 was good. Soule's nailed the dialogue again and Checchetto's art is still a great fit for Star Wars. Intrigued to see where it goes. Anakin wanting to leave the Jedi Order was unexpected.

MG310

It arrived today :D Fantastic paintjob too...just al ittle scuff on the nameplate is the only thing I noticed.

IMG_20160107_142846057.jpg

IMG_20160107_142933960.jpg

IMG_20160107_142949624.jpg

IMG_20160107_143021475.jpg

HELLO FRIENDS!

a138cd1146731d9053be24e9600102ae.gif

It arrived today :D Fantastic paintjob too...just al ittle scuff on the nameplate is the only thing I noticed.

Is that the original or the repaint? Looks good, but I'm not a big fan of DC's new practice of giving you two statues for twice the price. I mean, I like the Power Girl Bombshell quite a bit, but fuck Superman.

It was in the same listing with Teen Titans Earth 1 volume 2 and the rest of the trade releases for spring/summer.

I loved TT Earth One, can't wait for the new volume.

whenever i see an Olivia gif i just assume Messi is with us.

Messi is always with us.

MG310

HELLO FRIENDS!

a138cd1146731d9053be24e9600102ae.gif

Is that the original or the repaint? Looks good, but I'm not a big fan of DC's new practice of giving you two statues for twice the price. I mean, I like the Power Girl Bombshell quite a bit, but fuck Superman.

Original, I don't think the classic colored one is out for a few months.

Obi-Wan & Anakin #1 was good. Soule's nailed the dialogue again and Checchetto's art is still a great fit for Star Wars. Intrigued to see where it goes. Anakin wanting to leave the Jedi Order was unexpected.

How could the dialogue possibly be worse than the prequels, is my question. My girl and I loved TFA so much that we decided to watch all the episodes in sequence. So far we've watched Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. What garbage. PM was flat as shit. Half the movie focuses entirely on trying to aquire ship parts? Really? Attack was better, I guess, but Anakin is fucking unbearable! The only thing that saves these two tragedies is the Yoda lightsaber fight. That was boss.

I want a comic in which Jar Jar and Anakin engage in a no holds barred, hand to hand, to the death cage match.

Sorry. Had to get that out. Soon we'll be rewarded with the original trilogy.. Soon..

Every day, I am saddened by how much the mainstream hates Superman

Everyday I'm saddened that Superman isn't Superman anymore. I like old school, good guy, no grit Supes.

Just got caught up on Hex11. I would definitely recommend it to those of you into girly hijinks. There is plenty of humor and action to be had. I also just donated to their kickstarter to a Vol 1 trade.

Digital version of #1 is free on their web store.

http://hexcomix.com/collections/comics/products/hex11-1-hard-copy-comic-book?variant=1333790147

Nice, that is how you pimp a book.

Calcium

Banned
I got the Sandman boxed set for Christmas and I just started reading it. Man, those older Vertigo titles are so delightfully fucked up. I didn't know much about Sandman going in, but it appears to be very much like Alan Moore's Swamp Thing so far. I'm really enjoying it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im going to need visual proof of that

for science of course. just...just for science

edit: was he really banned tho?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I think I fill his gap good. Tomorrlw I will read some Harley and hate on Nocenti.

Next step will be when I start Messi Incorporated.

Just received my Deluxe Editions of Fables for 7,8,9. Plowed through em already and loved em.

Should I go ahead and order 10,11? Or is the Mister Dark story arc that awful? 9 kind of gets into the beginning of it.

The way Boy Blue went out had me
mjcry1.png

shingi70

Banned
I'm getting caught on my dc books I missed while trying marvel now for the past few months? I'm about to jump into the superman books. which should I tackle first Superman or Action Comics?

Top Bottom