• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

What we really need is a comic *like* Bitch Planet that's a lot more kawaii and more passive but still mainstream feminist (tm) so I don't internalize the terrible actions perpetrated by characters that are of my gender.

What we really need is a comic *like* Bitch Planet that's a lot more kawaii and more passive but still mainstream feminist (tm) so I don't internalize the terrible actions perpetrated by characters that are of my gender.

Yes. Also with anime girls.

I know you are being sarcastic but I choose not to take it as such and fully endorse your idea.

The New Avengers #4:

I fucking love this book. Currently my favorite book of ANAD. I know it's genre-busting or something totally new and never done before or anything like that, but goddamnit does it hit all the right notes every single time I read it. It's funny, it's got great action, I like all these characters (well Power Man and White Tiger are, uh...well...eh), and the plot's cool. It does it for me, ya know?

Messi

was that the one where all six people got tired of reading so many issues a day and like 3 people finished it eventually, erratically

or was there was a successful one that I missed

Sure as hell wasn't the one with a shitty op that pushed people away.

Owzers

i think my hawkeye OHC vol 2 arrived with my dcbs items, i'd be in for a one issue a day discussion but my version of the discussion would probably go " it was okay" sooooooo you're on your own!

ElNarez

Banned
I can only read a story about the same character having an identity crisis so many times before I get bored of it. And I can only read a story about that same character being guilty about some shit only so many times before I get bored of it. Psylocke has worn out her welcome on both of those counts.

it's two more stories than GODDAMN ROGUE

You should look over the stray bullets club. Is it a club if it's only two people?

It broke down because the book is over 2000 pages at 3 issues a day.

Well sure, it's massive and the page read rate was quite high as a result. But what happened still happened even if it was understandable.

Messi

Well sure, it's massive and the page read rate was quite high as a result. But what happened still happened even if it was understandable.

Fair enough, it's not like it matters lol. All book clubs on GAF are destined to fail. No one likes having to read a specific thing every day for a month.

Guys, I'm sort of shocked right now. Legit shook, even. 3 X-Men issues in a row that were worthwhile read that ended with a cross over with The Avengers? What is this madness?!?!

CYJZBZ7WkAAO_4_.jpg

However, I'm still waiting for this Marvel Hero to reappear... did he ever land?!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Fair enough, it's not like it matters lol. All book clubs on GAF are destined to fail. No one likes having to read a specific thing every day for a month.
We should maybe make a bookclub for a comic movie and the fitting comicbook line.

Like watching Hellboy and the adapted mini.

Guys, I'm sort of shocked right now. Legit shook, even. 3 X-Men issues in a row that were worthwhile read that ended with a cross over with The Avengers? What is this madness?!?!

However, I'm still waiting for this Marvel Hero to reappear... did he ever land?!

I feel like Iceman vs. Hawkeye isn't a particularly fair matchup.

Read The Walling Dead 149. So what are we supposed to infer from
Dwight taking Lucille out of the closet? Nothing, probably? I know sometimes this book ends on a cliffhanger that isn't really one. But I am curious as to Dwight's future plans. Another thought: I hope they have given Carl the birds and the bees talk. Certainly there must be enough condoms stockpiled. Last thing we need is him knocking up Lydia. I still think Neegan is Kirkman's way of venting his own frustrations with his own creation. Which is why it works so well and Neegan's voice rings true. Ricks idea for an army makes sense, I guess. People want to feel empowered, not like a hippy dippy target shaped community.

So we're expecting something big from issue 150, right? Like we had something big for 100? But I don't think anything major happened on issue 50, did it?

Zombine

Banned
Read The Walling Dead 149. So what are we supposed to infer from
Dwight taking Lucille out of the closet? Nothing, probably? I know sometimes this book ends on a cliffhanger that isn't really one. But I am curious as to Dwight's future plans. Another thought: I hope they have given Carl the birds and the bees talk. Certainly there must be enough condoms stockpiled. Last thing we need is him knocking up Lydia. I still think Neegan is Kirkman's way of venting his own frustrations with his own creation. Which is why it works so well and Neegan's voice rings true. Ricks idea for an army makes sense, I guess. People want to feel empowered, not like a hippy dippy target shaped community.

So we're expecting something big from issue 150, right? Like we had something big for 100? But I don't think anything major happened on issue 50, did it?

It's an oversized issue that is going to have ramifications for the rest of the series. Was at the panel for it at NYCC. Its a huge milestone.

I'm gonna do the ComicsGAF podcast. It's just gonna be a one-man show of me talking about all the comics I plan to eventually read

Cover for Kurtis Wiebes new book. I don't believe we know much more than it will be properly revealed at ECCC.
into the aesthetic and if it's about bounty hunters i'm already sold

Okay, I think we should call it quits about here before another ComicGAF Civil War breaks out.
I just have to say I am very getting tired of this. We're all adults (except Serp) and we should be able to hold discussions without inappropriate comments and the like. Like adults.

I played a risky game to reply to this, but I didn't see the spoiler - phew! I just went back and checked and issue #50 had that little stand out moment for Carl where he's looking after his sick Dad after escaping the Prison. They're in a house, and it's not sure if Rick is dying/turning and Carl kills a bunch of Zombies. It's nothing special compared to other landmark issues, but it's a great Carl centric story.

Zombine

Banned
Exciting! And just 5 more days!

I preordered my copy of this cover:

TWD150_Moore_Cover.jpg

Moore returns. Me gusta.

It looks like Image/Kirkman took a more intimate "less is more" approach when it came to variants for this particular issue. Instead of dropping 20+ variants (Star Wars, Dark Knight Returns III) they got together collaborators to do the 3 variants.

Top Bottom