• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

I'm gonna do the ComicsGAF podcast. It's just gonna be a one-man show of me talking about all the comics I plan to eventually read
Now *this* I can get behind. It could be just a show of various people talking about their purchases of books they have yet to read and all their regrets.

'I have a mint copy of *such and such book*;

'why is it in mint condition?'

'because I've never read it'

Vulva

arkon

I find it crazy talking about the success of the Strangers in Paradise book club vs the failure of the Stray Bullets one. It's like arguing for the success of your favourite Ales Kot title vs that one you left on the stands because you got turned off by the essay on Sartre and Fungi on the first page, based on LTD sales figures.

Messi

I find it crazy talking about the success of the Strangers in Paradise book club vs the failure of the Stray Bullets one. It's like arguing for the success of your favourite Ales Kot title vs that one you left on the stands because you got turned off by the essay on Sartre and Fungi on the first page, based on LTD sales figures.

They were both failures, lets celebrate that and await the arrival of Hawkeye to the party.

tim1138

What's that, you want to see what it'd look like if Nathan Fairbairn colored early Jack Kirby or Don Heck? Of course you do!

csjadZl.jpg

Messi

Hawkeye club is going to break the cycle. It will bring balance to the force.

I have no doubt a handful will finish the job. Maybe you guys can do a wrap up on the podcast that will surely have gotten off the ground on the 15th attempt.

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #2

My goodness this book is too adorable. Like, I can't say much else about it, but I'm really liking how adorable it is. Warms my heart.

Captain America: Sam Wilson #4

This book is kinda wearing on me. I liked it at first, but dragging out this Cap Wolf stuff is dumb. Not fond of it.

Messi

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #2

My goodness this book is too adorable. Like, I can't say much else about it, but I'm really liking how adorable it is. Warms my heart.

Captain America: Sam Wilson #4

This book is kinda wearing on me. I liked it at first, but dragging out this Cap Wolf stuff is dumb. Not fond of it.

Loved both books but the issue also works without sam being Cap Wolf. Its like a joke they forgot to resolve before the end of the last issue. Art was amazing. Shame he is only doing one more issue.

Devil Dino made me believe there was hope for fun comics.

Venom: Space Knight #2

Really liking this book, but I still don't understand what they did to the symbiotes. Someone quick explain Bendis' GotG run
Loved both books but the issue also works without sam being Cap Wolf. Its like a joke they forgot to resolve before the end of the last issue. Art was amazing. Shame he is only doing one more issue.

Devil Dino made me believe there was hope for fun comics.
Pretty much how I feel, though it's a shame he's leaving. I also like Cap's art.

Owzers

DCBS order!

My Hawkeye OHC vol 2 has one of those pages that werent' cut properly folded into itself at the bottom leaving an indent in many pages after it.

Feels bad. :( Probably asking for a replacement...

I wish there were a way to read comics without having to ship them back and forth and rely on paper quality control.

And tried to pass off Brandon Graham's scribbles as real art. At least Lotay and del Duca brought it.

I won't lie, I was all set to buy that issue until I looked at the preview. Graham art has only ever agreed with me while reading Multiple Warheads. The style worked for that book, as it presumably does for King City.

I read Spider-Man/Deadpool and I think it may have cemented my dislike of Deadpool

some characters are just unsalvageable. Like Psylocke
I just have to say I am very getting tired of this. We're all adults (except Serp) and we should be able to hold discussions without inappropriate comments and the like. Like adults.
man, just because i can't legally drink...
Now *this* I can get behind. It could be just a show of various people talking about their purchases of books they have yet to read and all their regrets.

'I have a mint copy of *such and such book*;

'why is it in mint condition?'

'because I've never read it'
"my copy of this Stray Bullets omnibus is in pristine condition and i plan on keeping it that way"

Boogiepop

Slowly making my way through Busiek/Perez Avengers omnibus 2. It's such a weird borderline between feeling solid and kind of old, depending on the story. To some degree I think some of the "pulling old character x back in as villain" thing is creating some awkwardness solely due to the Avengers having a real crap gallery of villains overall. Like, the guys who were apparently similar incarnation things ala Juggernaut just felt like super uninteresting C list stuff. I don't know, have to keep reading. I'm at a point where Triathlon is still a pretty lame character, but he's at least being moved into a slightly interesting position, so that's something at least.

Also, figures are evil. I dared to check what was available for preorder again. The total damage:
LBW figma Link deluxe
Isabelle Nendoroid (reissue)
Sakura and Tomoyo school uniform version figmas
Shiida and Marth Nendoroids
Windwaker Link Nendoroid
and then the Nendoroids for Hotaru and Renge from Non Non Biyori

I'm not even particularly fond of Nendoroids, they just happen to have a ton of characters coming in that line that I feel are a solid fit for the style! (Borderline almost grabbed the Saitama from One Punch Man one as well, but there being an upcoming figma helped me to pull back, for now at least) The real problem though is that these figure creators have figured out my weak point and have started creating all kinds of neat Nintendo stuff. The fact that the figuarts line is also starting to experiment with Ranma figures is also potentially really dangerous...

Messi

Dude, I'm so sorry. This is beyond ridiculous to the point of just...I don't know.

If it just stayed out of stock until it shipped I would be fine. But once or twice a week it is picked by their system and then a day or two later it goes back out of stock and crushes my hope. Rinse and repeat. It has stopped doing that over december but now its started again and I really thought this was the time I would get it.

This experience has completely soured me on buying statues from them and once my last two orders ship that will be me done with them. I'd rather pay full price than to deal with this.

was that the one where all six people got tired of reading so many issues a day and like 3 people finished it eventually, erratically

or was there was a successful one that I missed
Hey I finished it! And put in some good effort on posts which is rare for me.

Stray bullets I fell behind and with that material of what was being covered it was hard for me to power back to catch up.

Owzers

I liked Wakling Dead 149 and Secret Wars 8, Secret Wars is starting to feel like Blackest Night where people just show up and i feel like i missed a bunch of stuff.

Realm of Kings so far:

- Inhumans - dumb politics crap, angsting over Black Bolt, getting butthurt over the Avengers showing up, etc.
- Everyone else - fighting Lovecraftian Cosmic Horrors from another dimension

why are the Inhumans so trash?

PsychBat!

Banned
Realm of Kings so far:

- Inhumans - dumb politics crap, angsting over Black Bolt, getting butthurt over the Avengers showing up, etc.

Thanos Imperative is the only event so far that I can have something called "fun" reading. Until SW that is. I hope you enjoy it, mate.

I'm reading through New X-Men and I wouldn't say I'm loving the art but it's does a fairly good job. That is until I get to issue 124 and get presented with this http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/123851/2709850-pic2003_kordey3.jpg

Horrendous.

Really loving this series. It's my first x men series. I started reading the first issue of Astonishing X Men and just couldn't get into into it.even though I was a bit confused with some of the conversations about what had happened in previous issues it dove straight into the new plot and really has zipped along without a dull issue. Also I'm glad a work college told me to read the annual as I wouldn't have had a clue about Xorn. Get some type of reading order sorted for stuff on MU Marvel!

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Realm of Kings so far:

Realm and War were fun. Black Bolt and Gladiator are my jam.

I'm enjoying reading through Cosmic Marvel but it is a bit ridiculous. Every event has had billions of deaths, thousands of destroyed planets, etc. Yet Earth is A-Okay lol

shingi70

Banned
Just started Green Lantern Corp: Lost Army. So far it's just what the Green Corp needed, by getting away from Major events. The story still feels tense and having a small.supporting cast allows them to breath something the group hasn't been able to so since Johns finished his Green Lantern run. I love the fact the Guy has two rings makes alot of sense, and I enjoy the focus on John Stewart as the main character. He's probably my favorite Green Lantern member and seeing him in charge of the group makes sense moreso than Hal.

Top Bottom