• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

actually I was kidding (as if the black lump of coal wasnt indication enough), but you clearly have a bone to pick with me lately since the whole surfer spoiler thing, so...alrighty then?
Then I'm sorry. I didn't read it that way. It's not the first time I've seen you do the "comic gaf is full of people who only hate things comments" which is why I reacted as I felt it was out of this place.

Edit: now I gotta get back to my MU backlog. Next up Lando

ElNarez

Banned
“What if the pressure causes (the hero) to commit suicide,” suggests James Robinson, another Marvel writer, adding that it could be a good way to draw attention to the scourge of cyber-bullying.

“What if the pressure causes (the hero) to commit suicide,” suggests James Robinson, another Marvel writer, adding that it could be a good way to draw attention to the scourge of cyber-bullying.

image.php

“A mysterious new Marvel character comes to the attention of the world, one who has the power to calculate the outcome of future events with a high degree of accuracy,” according to the synopsis. “This predictive power divides the Marvel heroes on how best to capitalize on this aggregated information, with Captain Marvel leading the charge to profile future crimes and attacks before they occur, and Iron Man adopting the position that the punishment cannot come before the crime.”

That doesn't sound like what either character would do. Sounds like Bendis doesn't want "his guy" on the bad side this time around.

After hours of occasionally heated debate, Bendis and Alonso reveal they had a eureka moment during a 10-minute break and came up with the perfect superhero to sacrifice and an even better candidate to murder him. The answer actually gets a loud ovation from the crowd.

Sounds like tons of fun! :/

Boogiepop

So I hit the annual centered around Hellcat in Busiek/Perez Avengers. And man, that character has a fantastically messed up history. Going from romance comics to being a super hero to straight up going insane, commiting suicide, going to hell, and then getting brought back with some sort of demon vision as of that book I had just read.

Which reminds me, how's the new Hellcat book? Saw that it's started apparently when I happened to be in a comic store yesterday.

Young character not from Bendis' ideas.

It is going to be Kamala Khan isn't it.
No way. They won't go after her. Too popular and I think they'll probably stay away from a female hero. Sam seems to be the likely but I'm not sure marvel would do that to Loeb. Probably not miles. Bendis guy and he just got there.

With FF being in its state Franklin better watch his back

ElNarez

Banned
No way. They won't go after her. Too popular and I think they'll probably stay away from a female hero. Sam seems to be the likely but I'm not sure marvel would do that to Loeb. Probably not miles. Bendis guy and he just got there.

Miles getting killed for a horrible thing he might commit in the future is so terrible and tone deaf that even Marvel would say "whoa okay let's not fucking go there". Like, just, symbolically, consider all of the implications.

Messi

Suicide do to cyber bullying? Oh my. This event sounds loads of fun. Buy now for $5.99 for the event nobody asked for!

Why does the event have to be fun? Wicked and the Divine handled cyber bullying really well in what I think is easily their best issue.

Btw, it's totally gonna be Carol who dies.

Edit: oh it's male. Bye Sam , you were an amazing cap.

Mafro

Oh god Civil War 2 is going to be so bad. Bendis writing a big event book (which he can't do) about superhero team vs superhero team (which he can't do) and shitting on characters he doesn't care about (which he always does).

Killing off Sam Cap is far too obvious due to the parallels with Civil War 1. Can't see them killing off a minority character given how big their diversity push has been with the new relaunch.

Why does the event have to be fun? Wicked and the Divine handled cyber bullying really well in what I think is easily their best issue.

Btw, it's totally gonna be Carol who dies.

Edit: oh it's male. Bye Sam , you were an amazing cap.
It doesn't. But this is an event Manufactured solely because your parent company is doing a movie with a similar name is killing off anyone (turns out someone is getting murdered) doesn't sound appealing in the least. SW and Infinity were built up and felt earned. This is just haphazard event for the hell of it. See also Marvels Xmen apocalypse stuff.

And when is said Sam. I was thinking Nova Sam.

it's tradition a black superhero gets offed in Civil War tho
Let's bring back Clor and Goliath

shingi70

Banned
Events Y'all :/

I was hoping the first big Marvel event would be Darksied War where our heroes aren't in conflict are a fighting bad guys. Is black and white so hard to ask for these days.

I was hoping the first big Marvel event would be Darksied War where our heroes aren't in conflict are a fighting bad guys. Is black and white so hard to ask for these days.

Probably so they have something to tie into with the new Captain America movie, name/brand wise.

Owzers

Loved that issue and thought Quinones art was back on point. Backup Gwenpool story started well too

You're going to get a reputation for liking things Messi, remember what happened to Birdie?

After watching way too many Redskin games these last two years i'm rooting for them to beat Green Bay. Kinda feels doomed, like being a Tebow fan.

Yea. I never like heroes seriously fighting each other unless it's an else worlds type deal. It just doesn't work for all past and future events of the characters. It's why I never liked civil war and have no interest in the sequel. And I enjoy a good Batman vs superman brawl but if they did that in continuity of the main universe I'd hate it so so much

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
You're going to get a reputation for liking things Messi, remember what happened to Birdie?

After watching way too many Redskin games these last two years i'm rooting for them to beat Green Bay. Kinda feels doomed, like being a Tebow fan.

Green Bay can suck it! Go Skins!

Also I like Tebow cuz he'll always be 0-1 against Michigan. :)

Probably so they have something to tie into with the new Captain America movie, name/brand wise.
This event has nothing to due with movie. If you look at the history of Marvel publishing, the stories have all been leading to this. It's as organic as can be. Here at Marvel, we may smash two pizzas together, but we would never hand you a plate of cold pizza as you do the walk of shame the next morning. [Laughs]

This event has nothing to due with movie. If you look at the history of Marvel publishing, the stories have all been leading to this. It's as organic as can be. Here at Marvel, we may smash two pizzas together, but we would never hand you a plate of cold pizza as you do the walk of shame the next morning. [Laughs]
I always enjoy your pizza analogies. It makes things so easy to understand Axel

Owzers

Green Bay can suck it! Go Skins!

Also I like Tebow cuz he'll always be 0-1 against Michigan. :)

I looked into options on helping the Vikings win today....there's nothing i can do. The quarterback match-ups have been awful in all four games this weekend:

Burger vs Mccarron
Smith vs Hoyer
Rodgers vs Cousins
Wilson vs Bridgewater

i'm guessing clean sweep by experience.

I started Daredevil: Born Again and it's amazing even one issue in. The narration is great and Mazzuccheli's art is such a perfect fit for these more grounded Miller superhero comics.

That scene where Matt thanks Foggy and he goes for a handshake and Foggy gives him a hug after is just
NtlsTsz.png

shingi70

Banned
Yea. I never like heroes seriously fighting each other unless it's an else worlds type deal. It just doesn't work for all past and future events of the characters. It's why I never liked civil war and have no interest in the sequel. And I enjoy a good Batman vs superman brawl but if they did that in continuity of the main universe I'd hate it so so much

I don't mind Hero vs Hero if it makes sense. As poor as Civil War was the inital concept was a sound one. The problem came with making the heroes the main instigators of the conflict. The upcoming Civil War film seems to be doing it the correct way.

As for Superman v Batman, I wouldn't mind a modern day update to the Legends storyline that had Glorious Godfrey and Sam Lane pitting the DC heroes agaisnt one another.

Top Bottom