• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

shingi70

Banned
Suicide-Squad-USA-Today.jpg

Boogiepop

So I hit the annual centered around Hellcat in Busiek/Perez Avengers. And man, that character has a fantastically messed up history. Going from romance comics to being a super hero to straight up going insane, commiting suicide, going to hell, and then getting brought back with some sort of demon vision as of that book I had just read.

Which reminds me, how's the new Hellcat book? Saw that it's started apparently when I happened to be in a comic store yesterday.

Anyone on this? Not a huge deal if not, but I'm kind of vaguely curious...

Wolverine and the X-Men Vol. 1: Tomorrow Never Learns

A good book. Very fun and light-hearted, which is something I mever thought I'd say about a story involving Fantomex and Wolverine. Still I enjoyed and will continue reading.

Though I don't like Quire, his story is interesting, and I like how they've made Apocalypse and Phoenix into directly opposing forces.

I'm curious though: if the Blade of the Askani gives people small amounts of Phoenix power, then why would stabbing a Phoenix host with it kill them? Wouldn't it jumpstart the Phoenix? Also, what did Scott want to stick around for?

I'm also confused at the timeline for this: This takes place before Trial of Jean Grey but AFTER Battle of the Atom? And after Uncanny Avengers? But before Spurrier's X-Force? Just making sure I understand the timeline.

Owzers

Howard the Duck #2 and 3 are losing me, usually one funny page will keep me looking forward to another issue but there's nothing worth using for an ipad wallpaper.

Anyone on this? Not a huge deal if not, but I'm kind of vaguely curious...

I know a few folks around here have read the new Hellcat #1. It's all-agey. Like if Squirrel Girl and old school (mid school? Not newest new) Archie had a baby. The art is pretty cute. I like the super beings employment agency premise. I like it, but I'd like more if it went further with its cutesy over-the-top cartoonyness or if it was funnier. It's just not quite enough of whatever it is.

List

The Walking Dead #150
Extraordinary X-Men #5
Mighty Thor #3
Burnt Comix #1 of 4

The preview for Leaving Megalopolis is promising. I haven't read the first volume, though.

Zombine

Banned
Walking Dead #150. I have one request Kirkman:
please don't kill Andrea.

He's so gonna kill
Andrea

._.

Kirkman ships
Michonne X Rick
and has hinted that they have a lot in common.

Katana's mask looks like a Halloween mask you can buy at Walmart and Captain Boomerang.......lol. Lookin straight shook.

His death will be an example to the squad for what happens when you try to defy Waller because really, who the fuck is Slipknot? By the end of the movie you'll say "Slipknot who?"

Boomerang probably IS straight shook.

As for Slipknot, this is the sum total of his contributions to the Squad:

Pdztk1H.png

he dead

shingi70

Banned
Slipknot is going to be the breakout hit of the DCEU, kids going to be dressing ad him for Halloween and he's going to headline the Firestorm film.

Walking Dead #150. I have one request Kirkman:
please don't kill Andrea.

He's so gonna kill
Andrea

._.

Kirkman ships
Michonne X Rick
and has hinted that they have a lot in common.

Can't fucking wait. Hope Kirkman drops a #100 sized bomb on us.

Top Bottom