• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

I can honestly say I have no idea what's going on here. Today, at least, as it seems to be something new every day.

I've been playing Rebel Galaxy most of the day.

Owzers

It doesn't bother me when people here like bad books or have the wrong opinion on something, i just accept that they have room to grow and move on. I'm very forgiving that way.

Like being on Team Finn instead of Rey.

It doesn't bother me when people here like bad books or have the wrong opinion on something, i just accept that they have room to grow and move on. I'm very forgiving that way.

Everyone has different opinions on things, and that's fine. What I don't get is why some people get upset at certain opinions and seem to take it as a personal insult.

Like being on Team Finn instead of Rey.

Dr.-Who.gif

Savitar

Rachel Rising is such a good comic. It helps that Zoe is so blasted amusing.

I wish I had a little sister like that.

And damnit people, just go make out already! Sheesh.

Also.

Rey was best. Team Finn......snort.

TRADES (that I picked up and forgot to mention earlier)
Convergence
Wolverine and the X-Men Vol. 1: Tomorrow Never Learns
Age of X

Yeah it's too bad. Pacific Rim is perfect for a comic.
It's genuinely upsetting, because I love the movie to death, and the Tales from Year Zero comic was a cool story, but I guess this is so eh. Something about the way it's being told just isn't working.
Been loving Ivar, Timewalker Vol. 1. Very fun comic.
Atta boy!
more like Ivar, Badwalker.

Ivar, Boardwalker

TALK SHIT GET HIT

Owzers

Howard the duck 1 relaunch was really iffy and not the improvement I was hoping for, also didn't like the coloring job. 4.99...

frye

Can someone list all the Brubaker and Philips books in order? I just read the first issue of the fade out was that was awesome.

Sleeper
Criminal
Incognito
Fatale
The Fade Out

along with an issue of Catwoman and Gotham Noir... Phillips inked Michael Lark on Scene of the Crime way back when too.

Saw a challenge on CBR about reading 1000 books in a year. Thought I'd give it a try with a lower target of 500 at first because I don't know if I have that many issues in the backlog
I do. Probably
. Just to keep it as easy as possible to track, I'm just going by one issue = one book.unless it's a stupidly low page count. I won't count oversized as double or triple issues either. Strictly official demarcation. Hopefully this might spur me to put a dent in the backlog.

I did this last year, was good fun. Hit 800 issues.
I also kept track of what I read in a spreadsheet. Saved me time when creating my year-end list.

Hrmmm so I'm thinking of going ahead and making one more order taking advantage of Barnes & Nobles buy 2 get 1 free graphic novel sale. Their individual prices are competitive against amazon and it's not a bad deal.

I wanna get fables deluxe edition 10 & 11 and the last 4 part epic book of X-Men Age of Apocalypse. I actually collected most of the issues individually as a kid but I never finished the arc, I've been curious for a long time how exactly things ended.

So yay or nay comic gaf?

sol_bad

Question to all the comic people in here. Do Dan Slot's Spider-man issues get collected in hardcover or only as trade paper backs?

Messi

Question to all the comic people in here. Do Dan Slot's Spider-man issues get collected in hardcover or only as trade paper backs?

Both so far. The ANAD stuff from recently just came out in hardcover. SpOck arc is also in 3 oversized hardcovers

sol_bad

Both so far. The ANAD stuff from recently just came out in hardcover. SpOck arc is also in 3 oversized hardcovers

I started reading Spider-Man back when it was at about #677. I'm selling my floppies and switching to a hardcover/TPB collection. Now I'm slightly confused about the order of Spider-Man.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Amazing Spider-Man went up to #700 and then switched to Superior for about 32 issues?
It then switched back to Amazing Spider-Man for another 18 issues or so?
Now it's started at #1 again with the All New "jumping on" point?

Does this sound correct?
Is the 2nd volume (#1-18) what has only just started being released in hardcover?

Messi

I started reading Spider-Man back when it was at about #677. I'm selling my floppies and switching to a hardcover/TPB collection. Now I'm slightly confused about the order of Spider-Man.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Amazing Spider-Man went up to #700 and then switched to Superior for about 32 issues?
It then switched back to Amazing Spider-Man for another 18 issues or so?
Now it's started at #1 again with the All New "jumping on" point?

Does this sound correct?
Is the 2nd volume (#1-18) what has only just started being released in hardcover?

There have been two reboots to #1 for amazing since superior. This is the first reboot book

STK691845.jpg

Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1.1-1.5 & #1-6 and ANNUAL #1.

Second volume is out in April. I believe what you say is correct.

sol_bad

There have been two reboots to #1 for amazing since superior. This is the first reboot book

Second volume is out in April. I believe what you say is correct.

Sounds about right.
Are there any rumours if Amazing will get collected at OHC's?

Messi

Sounds about right.
Are there any rumours if Amazing will get collected at OHC's?

These are OHCs. Well the superior ones were. I assume this one is the same as it is 13 issues.

The start of his amazing run I have no idea. If they do the rest im sure they will go back and collect those in OHCs.

sol_bad

These are OHCs. Well the superior ones were. I assume this one is the same as it is 13 issues.

The start of his amazing run I have no idea. If they do the rest im sure they will go back and collect those in OHCs.

Thanks for your help Messi, muchly appreciated.
:)

Animal Man #6 - #11: Another fucking event. -_- At least Morrison did something interesting with those issues. Both the
Thanagar
and Red Death issues were quite good. But I hate the "I missed something" and the "where did that come from" monents when I expect a continuous story.

Maybe because of the one-and-done stories instead of longer arcs, this feels like a much faster read than Doom Patrol.

Finished my reread of Whedon's Astonishing X-Men. Still great. Still get the feels when Kitty finds Colossus. That page and the page after are really well done.

The end of this run is when I stopped reading X-men as a teenager so where do I go from here? I understand there's a whole series of mini events to do with the X-men and they end up in San Francisco? I've read House of M years ago but I have very little modern X-men knowledge beyond that and not sure what the order is. When does Scott become such a dick?

Read the main 1602 series too. Really enjoyed that. Not sure I'm bothered with any of the spin offs though.

Messi

How would you feel if you picked up your phone and a co worker had taken dick pics with your camera and sent 4 messages to four different girls in your phone book .

Hrmmm so I'm thinking of going ahead and making one more order taking advantage of Barnes & Nobles buy 2 get 1 free graphic novel sale. Their individual prices are competitive against amazon and it's not a bad deal.

I wanna get fables deluxe edition 10 & 11 and the last 4 part epic book of X-Men Age of Apocalypse. I actually collected most of the issues individually as a kid but I never finished the arc, I've been curious for a long time how exactly things ended.

So yay or nay comic gaf?
Well Age of Apocalypse isn't conspired exactly great or anything but there are few things more satisfying than finishing a storyline you started many years ago.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
No it's not. Good lord we have people praising books on every page. Stop with all the dramatics. You keep posting this vague criticism

actually I was kidding (as if the black lump of coal wasnt indication enough), but you clearly have a bone to pick with me lately since the whole surfer spoiler thing, so...alrighty then?

Top Bottom