• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

PsychBat!

Banned
So that is what he was in? If he is as bad as you say I can't imagine him being paired with Mr Smirk and Mumble Bruce Willis. Ouch!

Bruce Willis is an asshole and just drags his feet to a set thinking about how to play the best Bruce Willis he can be. If only he didn't so blatantly this past several years, I wouldn't call him out on it.

frye

i inserted Michael Jai White into every Jai Courtney in the last page and spent an embarrassing amount of time wondering why everyone was ragging on that guy all of a sudden

Where is the CW logo?

NEvnCHFgXeOnzx_2_b.jpg

They fucking wish with that struggle Deadshot. I don't see any jeans or leather jackets in that other pic.

diaspora

My thoughts on the teams of Civil War II:
I'm not surprised that Spider-Man would be in favour of minority-report crime "prevention" a system like that would have saved a lot of his loved ones. Like Ben. Iron Man being against is a load of shit though, probably a way of "redeeming" him after his first Civil War fuckery.

Boogiepop

I know a few folks around here have read the new Hellcat #1. It's all-agey. Like if Squirrel Girl and old school (mid school? Not newest new) Archie had a baby. The art is pretty cute. I like the super beings employment agency premise. I like it, but I'd like more if it went further with its cutesy over-the-top cartoonyness or if it was funnier. It's just not quite enough of whatever it is.

It is next in line for judgement.

I loved it

Thanks guys!

Also, finally found the time to build the awesome Lego Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle I got for Christmas! It's quite neat, really nice Lego model.

Owzers

Patsy Walker Hellcat #1: What the hellcat did i just read? I'm not sure if i liked it, half the issue felt like a bad kids cartoon and the art has some ridiculous proportions/depictions of Patsy, but i do like the premise of Patsy
trying to get people jobs
. I dunno, weird book. Random weird 5/10. I have the next issues on pre-order so i'll get to see where it goes.

JEKKI

this cover is so cool~!!!

detail.jpg

only becoz they're showing love to EATAKU! aka one of my favorite websites!!

http://www.eataku.com/

it's a food blog run by one of Marvel's talent scouts, where he travels everywhere and eats lots of great stuff!

I always search thru his blog whenever I go travel somewhere,

or even when I'm looking for new recommendations here in LA!

Owzers

I think its cute, kids hangin out. Dig it.

Will you find it cute when the world ends because our Avengers were making a burger run! HUH! Didn't think so.

Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse is kinda boring, too slow to get going after the beginning.

shingi70

Banned
Cute flash moment from the manapaul run is pied piper coming out to the rouges and them saying your our boy and your okay, only to then lose their shit cause he's dating a cop.

Speaking of Flash man Iris is horrible literally using her nephew to guilt trip her way into Barry's pants. Also the adults are saying they don't what happened to Wally's mom but she disappeared during forever evil so she's dead right.

PsychBat!

Banned
He went from doing Step Up and G.I. Joe to being in Tarantino and Coen Brother movies. The guy is moving up with his career. I once thought he was nothing more than a meathead.

My opinion of him flipped with 21 Jump Street. I made the mistake of watching G.I. Joe in theaters.

VanWinkle

Starting Secret Six Vol. 2. Again. I started it a month or two ago and for some reason I wasn't in the mood. But I am LOVING it right now. Art is actually a big step up over the last volume, too.

The Rock was in the G.I. Joe sequel, surely that was good.

It didn't exactly fill me with hope for that G.I. Joe/MASK/Micronauts/ROM cinematic universe they're cooking up.

Part of me just wishes Hasbro would stop making movies. If the Magic the Gathering one that is supposedly in development at Fox ever gets made, yeesh.

Alright, time to post my latest development in the collection. Sorry for the poor quality pics. Combination shitty shelf space and camera phone.

Here is mine library:
And here is my backlog:
So, yeah. Still haven't posted my figure collection. Lazy to rearrange it just to take a pic and put it all back (my room is not prepared to contain everything).
Editorial's fault.

Remender did an AMA that talked about it a little on reddit.

Was going to be an UA arc then got promoted to event then Remender was told he couldn't do the story he wanted and he went full ham.
That's what I thought

Fuck editorial.
You'll finish the series, bawl your eyes out, think it's one of the best things, and still be saying it's too short.

:(
Realest statement here

"Time travel sucks"
Star-Lord being on anyone's side is really weird.
Star-Lord being on Earth right now is weird. Surely there's some cosmic shit Peter should be doing. I assume Kitty resigned the mantle at this point?
Starting Secret Six Vol. 2. Again. I started it a month or two ago and for some reason I wasn't in the mood. But I am LOVING it right now. Art is actually a big step up over the last volume, too.
One of my favorite trades ever

And here is my backlog:

So, yeah. Still haven't posted my figure collection. Lazy to rearrange it just to take a pic and put it all back (my room is not prepared to contain everything).

Damn dude, THAT'S your backlog?! I wish mine was that small... Just a quick glance at my books and I see the rest of Solo, some Casanova, One Trick Rip-Off, Heavy Liquid, two Copra trades , three trades of Rachel Rising, Superman Secret Identity, Queen & Country, Flash, Animal Man from like 7 or 8 to whatever, two volumes of New 52 Batman, The Cowboy Wally Show, more BPRD, Frankenstein Underground-- and those are the ones I can see/plan on reading! Then there's digital books. This is why I decided to cut my pull list so drastically

Still, nice library. I'm starting to run out of space myself and did some small rearranging this evening. Don't really have space for another bookshelf or something so that kind of complicates things too. ninja edit: Your library's nice too, VanWrinkle! You guys got some really uniform books lol. Mine are not like that. Since it's a new year, I'll post mine again since I've made some small changes since July when I last posted it:
+Other stuff that was shuffled off the shelves to make room for some of these books. Power Girl, 100%, and Battling Boy are all signed by their creators which I'm pretty proud of.

Anyways, I have two issues left of Daredevil: Born Again and I'm just blown away by how good this is. This is one of the best superhero comics made. It's just so good. It's just so dense with content and it's such a feast to read. The part where Matt's in the church basement basically reliving his experience in the hospital as a kid, for example, was just brilliant. The way you see his face on the left giving off different expressions in the present while you see the repeated black panels on the right to represent his experience was incredibly engaging. Plus the part where he finally reunites with Karen was just such a triumphant moment. Really awesome book.

Woah that is some hardcore shit*^ how low have you been collecting
A few years...

I make poor spending decisions. It's why I have Ultimatum and Trinity War.
Great collection, BK. Here is mine:

IMAG0293.jpg
Dark Horse Library Editions just look so damn good
Damn dude, THAT'S your backlog?! I wish mine was that small... Just a quick glance at my books and I see the rest of Solo, some Casanova, One Trick Rip-Off, Heavy Liquid, two Copra trades , three trades of Rachel Rising, Superman Secret Identity, Queen & Country, Flash, Animal Man from like 7 or 8 to whatever, two volumes of New 52 Batman, The Cowboy Wally Show, more BPRD, Frankenstein Underground-- and those are the ones I can see/plan on reading! Then there's digital books. This is why I decided to cut my pull list so drastically

Still, nice library. I'm starting to run out of space myself and did some small rearranging this evening. Don't really have space for another bookshelf or something so that kind of complicates things too. ninja edit: Your library's nice too, VanWrinkle! You guys got some really uniform books lol. Mine are not like that. Since it's a new year, I'll post mine again since I've made some small changes since July when I last posted it:

+Other stuff that was shuffled off the shelves to make room for some of these books. Power Girl, 100%, and Battling Boy are all signed by their creators which I'm pretty proud of.

Anyways, I have two issues left of Daredevil: Born Again and I'm just blown away by how good this is. This is one of the best superhero comics made. It's just so good. It's just so dense with content and it's such a feast to read. The part where Matt's in the church basement basically reliving his experience in the hospital as a kid, for example, was just brilliant. The way you see his face on the left giving off different expressions in the present while you see the repeated black panels on the right to represent his experience was incredibly engaging. Plus the part where he finally reunites with Karen was just such a triumphant moment. Really awesome book.
Wait SMALL backlog? That JSA Omnibus is fucking daunting.
I stopped reading once the GotG became Guardians of the Earth. Hard Pass and a flip of the bird to that book.
Didn't that happen after the Trial of Jean Grey?

pa22word

So uh, I was thinking about starting an Xmen comic now that they've hit the reset button on everything. What's the best one of the new relaunches to start? Also, are they pretty self contained or will it just turn into an endless money pit forcing me to buy like 5-6 comics a month to keep up with everything? That's always been my problem with reading Xmen, really. It just seems like it's a bottomless pit you can't really get into unless you spend an assload of money due to the backlog, and then you're trapped spending tons of money to stay caught up once you start buying new books. I'm hoping to be able to miss the former with the relaunch, while hopefully minimizing the latter to one or two books a month if I can.

Sandfox

So uh, I was thinking about starting an Xmen comic now that they've hit the reset button on everything. What's the best one of the new relaunches to start? Also, are they pretty self contained or will it just turn into an endless money pit forcing me to buy like 5-6 comics a month to keep up with everything? That's always been my problem with reading Xmen, really. It just seems like it's a bottomless pit you can't really get into unless you spend an assload of money due to the backlog, and then you're trapped spending tons of money to stay caught up once you start buying new books. I'm hoping to be able to miss the former with the relaunch, while hopefully minimizing the latter to one or two books a month if I can.

They're all self contained and right now I'm enjoying All-New Wolverine and All-New X-Men, but I haven't read Uncanny yet. The current arc of Extraordinary is kinda meh IMO and I'm waiting for the next one to see how it reads.

shingi70

Banned
Think I'm going to start collecting trades, my birthday is in a few more than so I can ask my family for a bookshelf.

What's the best way to read Transformers comics, saw some of the Wreckers stuff and it has me interested.

Issue #5 of Hitches JLA isn't written or drawn by Hitch and is apparently a Martian Manhunter one shot written by Kindt. Did some kind of mixup happen at the printers, lol?

And yes I'm still playing catchup.

Top Bottom