• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

arkon

Is the stuff before Last Stand of the Wreckers on that list any good/actually worth reading? I actually didn't know there was "important" stuff that came before that and don't have any of it currently...

I haven't checked everything out. Not sure if I will. The link was more of a short-hand for me to answer the question. The only bits I read pre-LSotW was issue 22 and 23 of the old ongoing and the Death of Optimus prime in that order. I came back to Wreckers about 10-12 issues into the two new ongoings. I would say that Chaos Theory two-parter is a really good read. Fascinating looking at the olden days in Cybertron.

mreddie

BC is charted ANAD books. Here's who's not in the 100.

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl 3
Star-Lord 2
Hercules 2
Moongirl and Devil Dinosaur 2
Angela Queen of Hel 3
Black Knight 2
Illuminati 2

ElNarez

Banned
I just read the smartest take on Civil War II and now I KNOW that's what's gonna happen because it just makes too much fucking sense

it's so fire I'm putting it behind spoilers because y'all know it's TRUTH

it's goddamn Doom, he's got means and ability to do the big fucked up thing, he's been looking like a good guy to Tony, but he's still goddamn Doom, so of course Carol would be like "hold on a dang second there"

only bad part of Born Again is some of the finale, since it was part of an ongoing narrative and a temporary writing gig, Frank had to do all that stuff at the end about Captain America and shit, and the FoggyxMurdock reconciliation doesn't happen until waaaaaaaaay later(like the end of Nocenti's run, #291), even though it feels like it should happen at the end.

Only thing I didn't really like was the lack of resolution between Matt and Foggy. But I can accept that it was something that was taken care of down the line so I'm not too bothered.

Wanna get more into Miller's Daredevil. Thinking of waiting for the omni reprint to get it. Not gonna bother with the Elektra one or the Daredevil companion ones. They seem overpriced. I'll get Elektra: Assassin off of Comixology this week.

Messi

Hawkeye Omnibus came in the mail today, so I'd say the thread is a go. I'm p sure I'm going to say fuck it and just re read these next two days.

Already off to a strong start if the thread creator is reading ahead of his own thread. Lol.

Wait until Sillymonkey sees all these foreign languages in here. I'm this thread we speak AMERICAN.

giphy.gif

List!

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #0
Robin War #2
Huck #3
The Walking Dead #150
Mighty Thor #3
Death-Defying Doctor Mirage Second Lives #2
Ninjak #11

Owzers

Already off to a strong start if the thread creator is reading ahead of his own thread. Lol.

Wait until Sillymonkey sees all these foreign languages in here. I'm this thread we speak AMERICAN.

I just assumed the Transformers/Turtles discussion earlier was in another language too. Democrats will be voting for someone who has to correspond with congress through a prisoner pen-pal program and Republican's only other chance to knock off the Trump is a guy born in Canada. CANADA.

Messi

The Fade Out is amazing. I've read 6 issues and can't wait to read the rest. The stories in the back are always cool too. But it makes me sick for women in that time especially women working in movies.

Messi

Captain Marvel sideshow

Disgusting helmet head that I guessed. Fuck. I just wanted long hair.

500$

Designers

Alex Pascenko (Design)
Stjepan Sejic (Design)
Zac Roane (Design)
Ian MacDonald (Design)
Keith Kopinski (Design)
Guillermo Barbiero (Sculpt)
Justice Joseph (Sculpt)
Alfred Paredes (Sculpt)
Adam Smith (Mold & Cast)
Chadwick Andersen (Mold & Cast)
Jeff Camp (Paint)
Kat Sapene (Paint)

Lol Sejic said he forgot he even worked on it

VanWinkle

Yea. So far has been Legend of Wonder Woman 7-9, Swamp Thing #1, Hellcat #1, Shattered Empire #4, Eltingville Club #1, Daring New Adventures of Supergirl #7, Bombshells #1-3

It only takes like ten minutes at most to read an issue, haha. But if that goal helps you read more, then keep at it!

It only takes like ten minutes at most to read an issue, haha. But if that goal helps you read more, then keep at it!

Depends on the comic, tho. I feel like I've gotten considerably slower overall, though, as I stop to appreciate art more than I used to while reading. I used to average 10 mins an issue, now I'm at around 15.

VanWinkle

Depends on the comic, tho. I feel like I've gotten considerably slower overall, though, as I stop to appreciate art more than I used to while reading. I used to average 10 mins an issue, now I'm at around 15.

I definitely stop to appreciate art a lot, too, but I still find that it doesn't take more or MUCH more than ten minutes. The better the art, though, the longer it takes, lol.

ElNarez

Banned
yo: can we talk for a hot minute about how goddamn good McKelvie is at costume design? because, that costume fucking rules and so do literally every other one he's designed to be cool

yo: can we talk for a hot minute about how goddamn good McKelvie is at costume design? because, that costume fucking rules and so do literally every other one he's designed to be cool

For sure. His Captain Marvel costume design is tops. It looks like the Sideshow piece altered it a bit, though. Doesn't she just have a sash around her waist that hangs down on one side? It looks like they gave her a belt-thingy that has one on each side.

Messi

I'll agree on everything but the helmet. The helmet us awful.

Boogiepop

Geeze, assuming that apple is an accurate measure of size, that thing is massive. What do people's collections even look like when they have multiple things in that scale? I have enough trouble with the sort of figures that are roughly action figure size, never mind something like that...

Messi

Geeze, assuming that apple is an accurate measure of size, that thing is massive. What do people's collections even look like when they have multiple things in that scale? I have enough trouble with the sort of figures that are roughly action figure size, never mind something like that...

They are huge

Owzers

Freeza your pics remind me of The Collector since i'm reading Howard the Duck lately and Braniac bottling up cities for display.

Calcium

Banned
Considering these things cost $300-$600 a piece, I can't imagine how much these collections cost some people..

Yeah, it must be ludicrous amounts of cash. I've only picked up a few ArtFx statues and I'm pretty content for now. Hopefully I never get to that level.

Top Bottom