• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

Yeah, it must be ludicrous amounts of cash. I've only picked up a few ArtFx statues and I'm pretty content for now. Hopefully I never get to that level.

I'm sure these are collections that people have amassed over a period of years, though. It's not like someone suddenly decided to start collecting and bought 40 of them within a month.

Calcium

Banned
I'm sure these are collections that people have amassed over a period of years, though. It's not like someone suddenly decided to start collecting and bought 40 of them within a month.

I understand that. Even so, I can't imagine throwing that much money at statues.

Owzers

I understand that. Even so, I can't imagine throwing that much money at statues.

Let me tell you a story of a man named Kipp, who died in the great Godzilla Figure Cave-in of 2015.

That's really the whole story...it's not even a good story, just to let people know that suffocating to death by Godzilla plastic figures is a terrible way to go. You'd think with all those tails there would be more space for air but there just isn't.

Let me tell you a story of a man named Kipp, who died in the great Godzilla Figure Cave-in of 2015.

He was so frugal for all those years....but when he finally gave in....

tumblr_n2i4nnDVYY1spf7z6o1_500.gif

Boogiepop

Yeah, that stuff is definitely impressive, but stuff that big just seems crazy to me. The biggest scale I've hit is the Jubilee Bishoujo statue, and I really can't imagine going much bigger personally. Then again, that's probably more that I buy too much, as my space is being killed by approximately a billion amiibo, comic trades, volumes manga, anime boxsets, etc. AKA I probably buy waaaay too much...

Edit: Also yay, the last Carl Barks Duck book box set from the Fantagraphics sale finally came in! So now I'm all caught up on those for the moment, at least!

Calcium

Banned
I can. :D

Although my focus over the past few years has mostly been on anime PVC figures, I'd say I've easily spent over $10k on these things.

That's probably impressive as hell. I'd love to have a display like that. Fuck, I probably could if I stopped buying LEGO. I need my relaxing build time, though.

It happens slowly but very easily see me with hot toys

Oh yeah? How many you have?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lol just saw this on comic vine. Strange actually threw Tony a bone huh? Spoilers I guess

thats super cute

Edit: I was actually going to say I surprised there was no Siege Secret Wars book when I read Siege but there totally is, they just added #1 today

VanWinkle

Edit: Also yay, the last Carl Barks Duck book box set from the Fantagraphics sale finally came in! So now I'm all caught up on those for the moment, at least!

Oh, cool! Can I see a picture of all of them together? I only have two books (from the Christmas slipcase), but I want to eventually collect all of his and Don Rosa's Fantagraphics books. I have Don Rosa's library editions 3 and 4 coming in Wednesday since I got them for a good deal so I'm getting a start on his, too.

Boogiepop

Oh, cool! Can I see a picture of all of them together? I only have two books (from the Christmas slipcase), but I want to eventually collect all of his and Don Rosa's Fantagraphics books. I have Don Rosa's library editions 3 and 4 coming in Wednesday since I got them for a good deal so I'm getting a start on his, too.

Sorry for both the crap quality and that they're stored kind of roughly (currently have them stored in a location where they don't all line up evenly, due to both lack of space and the fact that I'm possibly moving before too much longer so I've gotten kind of lazy with getting things back into order to any real degree. Which is why I also didn't go ahead and take new picks of my current collection, as it's kind of a mess. Like, I have all the Mignolaverse trades now which is neat, but they're also not in proper order and I'm too lazy to fix that if I may be having to box them up for a move anyway).

Edit: Actually pretty excited, btw, since I've only read through the first Rosa set and the Christmas Barks set, and was waiting for this to arrive before diving in!

VanWinkle

Sorry for both the crap quality and that they're stored kind of roughly (currently have them stored in a location where they don't all line up evenly, due to both lack of space and the fact that I'm possibly moving before too much longer so I've gotten kind of lazy with getting things back into order to any real degree. Which is why I also didn't go ahead and take new picks of my current collection, as it's kind of a mess. Like, I have all the Mignolaverse trades now which is neat, but they're also not in proper order and I'm too lazy to fix that if I may be having to box them up for a move anyway).

Edit: Actually pretty excited, btw, since I've only read through the first Rosa set and the Christmas Barks set, and was waiting for this to arrive before diving in!

Awesome. That's exciting that you have a bunch to read now.

Messi

That's probably impressive as hell. I'd love to have a display like that. Fuck, I probably could if I stopped buying LEGO. I need my relaxing build time, though.

Oh yeah? How many you have?

I have 12 currently and another 7 on preorder with a few more in mind..

arkon

11-24) X-O Manowar #2-14: Went a bit overboard with the Valiant books... PAFF PAFF PAFF. Lots of action so it's a nice quick read with some decent artwork. Liked the introduction of Ninjak who is a badass. It's just a shame he's called Ninjak. Enjoyed the interplay between him and Aric in that second arc. Aric's boneheadedness is frustrating but then he'll come out with something cool to make up for it. More of the same from the first issue really. Solid.

25-33) Harbinger #1-9: Probably my favourite of the Valiant bunch so far although things in that first issue do make for uncomfortable reading. I don't know if it says more about me, that I fixated on that and barely batted an eye at all the violence on the page, or what. I suppose with the nature of the powers involved there's gonna be that creepy overtone to it. Wasn't too keen on the artwork in parts though.

34-36) Invisibles vol 1. #2-4: wtfamireading.jpg

Early days yet but so far so good. Burning through the Valiant stuff I have has been a big boost. I'll need to start shifting to some more current stuff eventually.

Fight it, Rafa. Don't do this.
Why don't you want me to return to this beautiful industry brah? I abandoned the Walmart lifestyle and am going back to school. Comic superstardom is not just a dream anymore. Does anyone have any Marvel codes from the relaunch? Don't mean to beg...just convert me to digital.....

Owzers

Forget about hot toys and weirdo statues with detachable heads

We're talking about comics here:

Siege #1 SW Mini: was pretty good, though i feel like by reading Secret Wars yearly as it comes out there's not a lot of surprise for what the minis have in it. Spoiler for Secret Wars #8, you have been spoiler warned:
Thanos you say? You mean the guy who is riding an annihilation worm to attack Doom in issue #8 is going to be a problem for the wall?
Still, probably the first issue of a mini i liked the most.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I converted to digital. No more future recycling bin fodder for me.

Good! Then we can start looking forward to Civil War II: Minority Report.

#WhoGonnaDie?
Nah man, doing even home

It's going to be so shit. Bet young Cyclops kills Beast

JEKKI

11-24) X-O Manowar #2-14: Went a bit overboard with the Valiant books... PAFF PAFF PAFF. Lots of action so it's a nice quick read with some decent artwork. Liked the introduction of Ninjak who is a badass. It's just a shame he's called Ninjak. Enjoyed the interplay between him and Aric in that second arc. Aric's boneheadedness is frustrating but then he'll come out with something cool to make up for it. More of the same from the first issue really. Solid.

25-33) Harbinger #1-9: Probably my favourite of the Valiant bunch so far although things in that first issue do make for uncomfortable reading. I don't know if it says more about me, that I fixated on that and barely batted an eye at all the violence on the page, or what. I suppose with the nature of the powers involved there's gonna be that creepy overtone to it. Wasn't too keen on the artwork in parts though.
Valiant gettin dat love~!!

XO stays pretty consistent throughout the whole thing, Aric gets a lot smarter as the series goes on, but it's pretty much a constant good guy vs bad guys type of story.

Harbinger is always good! The continuation series, Imperium, is prolly one of the best books out now that nobody in here reads :( shyt gets crayzay in that book!

shingi70

Banned
Careful with words like that shingi. You are playing with fire.

By silk no less to at them heart strings.

Just caught u with Batman and Robin Eternal and i'm shipping Harper and Cass so hard. At the very least we need a new birds of prey with them and spoiler.

Messi

I love after-championship parties.

This made me laugh out loud.

By silk no less to at them heart strings.

Just caught u with Batman and Robin Eternal and i'm shipping Harper and Cass so hard. At the very least we need a new birds of prey with them and spoiler.

I'd just love a team up book for them. They are a delight when paired together. But pls the ship is Steph and Harper.

Lots of cool bat females recently. They really should bring back Batwoman and have Marguerite Bennet write it.

shingi70

Banned
This made me laugh out loud.

I'd just love a team up book for them. They are a delight when paired together. But pls the ship is Steph and Harper.

Lots of cool bat females recently. They really should bring back Batwoman and have Marguerite Bennet write it.

I see Harper and Steph being sisters like howthe Robins are brothers.

Valiant mini mates coming this spring.
VALIANT_MINIMATES_TWOPACK-640x441.jpg

Owzers

Trump is on Fallon tonight, it just feels so American.

I also read Doctor Strange #2, it was okay, comics are kinda boring me again after a surge of greatness, i need to get back to Zero and stop reading these bland Marvel things.

Top Bottom