• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

Enjoyed you latest update, Mr. Luchador!

Thanks for reading! The opening issues of 800-900 on the reading order have been stellar (Spider-man's 'Doc Ock Wins' story arch). The way each issue carries over to the next, with a small hint and build up for future issues has been really interesting to see. The whole progression of Marvel's overall storytelling and tone from the early 60s to 70s has been really interesting to see and read. I'm starting to get the impression that they might even have story ideas plotted out for the entire year at this point. No idea if that's true or not.

Secret Six Vol. 2 is so, so good. About halfway through it.

2214991-4.jpg

Read Lazarus v1 last night, never had before. Bought it during the Image sale.

Really wish I'd bought the other volumes now.

Lazarus has been consistently enjoyable. I'm keeping up with the monthlies but buying the hardcovers anyway, because they're gorgeous. The second one seems to be taking a while to come out, though.

Omg you guys, I am so excited and freaked out for The Walking Dead 150 tomorrow. Omg, omg omg.

Speculation:
if they kill Andrea, I will lose my shit. That would be my worst case scenario. Maggie dying would suck, too. Please don't, she has two kids. Will Rick's burgeoning pissed off brigade free Neegan, maybe? Is Dwight going to figure into this betrayal somehow?

Can't wait.. Can't wait.. Can't wait..

Loved that page. Really liking Bane's role and uniqueness in this group right now.

Secret Six Bane is best Bane.

Secret Six as a series is what a lot of books dealing with ensembles and team books should learn from. The chemistry between characters is great during Simone's run.

DC You titles not hitting their demographic?

Here's an interesting in-depth look at DC's tanking comic sales:
Crisis Management: A Look at the Troubled Present and Uncertain Future of DC Comics

With ANAD, Marvel seems to be more interested in raising/stabilizing their mid-tier books like All New Wolverine and Totally Awesome Hulk rather than focusing on blockbuster titles (probably leaving that to the events). It's a shame that DC You flopped, considering how much I adore Bizzaro, Midnighter, Omega Men and Prez. Those are the mid-tier books I want to see DC producing, but I agree with the analysis that people were burned out on the constant relaunches and passed on those books.

Messi

Amazing. How many issues is that book in? I'm tradewaiting, so I'm curious.

#9 Was the most recent issue. You must have the patience of a saint to trade wait DC. I am crawling up the walls waiting for Bombshells.

10th of Feb for Vol 1 of Secret Six, collects 1-6, so that is the first arc.

#9 Was the most recent issue. You must have the patience of a saint to trade wait DC. I am crawling up the walls waiting for Bombshells.

10th of Feb for Vol 1 of Secret Six, collects 1-6, so that is the first arc.

Perfect! That's not too long. I don't really need that much patience, since I'm constantly reading trades. I'll always have something to tide me over, both good and bad.

Like Claremont's X-Treme X-Men!

Owzers

i'm waiting for a JL Darkseid War deluxe hardcover of some kind? Most likely a digital sale will happen first, but the regular hardcover pricing is fairly aggressive and kept me away. Five issues for $24.99 msrp.

Welp, time to get back on the Inhumans reading order horse. Since almost everything they have is out of print (odd, since Marvel is pushing the property so heavily), I went to Amazon! I ordered:

-Fantastic Four/Inhumans TPB
-Young Inhumans TPB
-Decimation: Son of M TPB
-Silent War TPB

Secret Invasion: Inhumans TPB still eludes me...

Owzers

GotG bendis stuff on MU is bad. Original Sin tie-in, Gamora questioning Star Lord about what happened in the cancerverse....yikes.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Tell me more about this character

Born in the Age of Apocalypse.
Rescued from Dark Beast's lab and raised by Sabertooth.
A snarky badass who often clashed with her X-Men leader Magneto.
One of two characters to escape the AoA reality (I think) along with Dark Beast.
Was later the leader of the reality hopping team known as the Exiles.

PsychBat!

Banned
One of two characters to escape the AoA reality (I think) along with Dark Beast.
I just scrolled down and saw this post without reading anything else.
Then I realized you were talking about Blink.

Caught up on Rachel Rising #38. This series gives me everything that other comics don't. Most notably, well-written characters to cheer for that are not all young people with low body fat percentages. The protagonist and antagonist are young (looking) able-bodied white women sure, but the cast is rounded out with:

a middle aged lesbian coroner
an obese, taciturn, courageous nerd
a wise-cracking, homicdal 10 year old
a badass, former convict, little old lady.
a sex-positive female mechanic
and a (non corporeal) devil.

Such a fun mix, and it works really well.

Messi

What is her name?

Here's an interesting in-depth look at DC's tanking comic sales:
Crisis Management: A Look at the Troubled Present and Uncertain Future of DC Comics

With ANAD, Marvel seems to be more interested in raising/stabilizing their mid-tier books like All New Wolverine and Totally Awesome Hulk rather than focusing on blockbuster titles (probably leaving that to the events). It's a shame that DC You flopped, considering how much I adore Bizzaro, Midnighter, Omega Men and Prez. Those are the mid-tier books I want to see DC producing, but I agree with the analysis that people were burned out on the constant relaunches and passed on those books.

I would also add that DC should start releasing their trades early and in time to get people caught up for the next story arc instead having to wait almost 6 months for the next release and have them be behind if they decide to read the solo issues.

Boogiepop

Blink.

The Exiles were fucking badass.

Yeah, until Claremont crapped all over things. Still can't believe how thoroughly he messed things up there, just super disappointing.

But yeah, Blink is great!

Edit: Actually, has Web Warriors been any good? Would be nice to have another marvel comic centered around a multiverse hopping team (that's what it is, right?), albeit one with a more spider-y theme.

Top Bottom