• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

I can't believe they've killed
Rosita
and
Ezekiel

Especially since she
was pregnant

Gutted

I thought it was a good move. At that point, the book hadn't had any big shake-ups in a bit. And Kirkman showed early on in the series that
he had no compunctions about killing off babies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I thought it was a good move. At that point, the book hadn't had any big shake-ups in a bit. And Kirkman showed early on in the series that

It's one of the reasons TWD is so good though, no other comic surprises me like this.

(Mainly cos they fucking advertise their spoilers.)

shingi70

Banned
I got really excited about that Pokemon Red/Blur 3DS announced today until I realized I rarley play video games and my handheld time has been taken up by comics and books.

Time for the last State of the Union, its so weird to see sports style pre shows. And commentary.

Owzers

I got really excited about that Pokemon Red/Blur 3DS announced today until I realized I rarley play video games and my handheld time has been taken up by comics and books.

Time for the last State of the Union, its so weird to see sports style pre shows. And commentary.

No way Obama wins this, Trump's been coming on strong for weeks now.

Boogiepop

Never liked the Proteus arc.

That's definitely where the series starts to die. Like, I actually liked it for the first few issues but then it just kind of keeps going and... yeah.

But again, to Messi (or anyone else considering picking up Exiles), seriously get out by the time Claremont starts at the latest. I know for sure that at least the last epic collection thing is completely unneccesary garbage that shouldn't be bothered with as a result (IIRC you may not want collection 5 either, can't remember exactly where things hit the point that it becomes crappy).

Super fun series for a good long while though, some great stuff in there for sure.

I read it about 2 hours ago and yeah............

I can't believe they've killed
Rosita
and
Ezekiel

Especially since she
was pregnant

Gutted

That was seriously jaw-dropping. Every now and then, Kirkman reminds us that this is a horror book. Those were important characters.
Ezekiel was the major loss. A fantastic, complicated character of colour. And Rosita, for obvious reasons, yes.
Indeed the book had been due for an unexpected turn. The characters discover over and over the danger of complacently assuming they know all the threats of this world. These are still in the early fallout days of society's crumble.

PsychBat!

Banned
That's definitely where the series starts to die. Like, I actually liked it for the first few issues but then it just kind of keeps going and... yeah.

But again, to Messi (or anyone else considering picking up Exiles), seriously get out by the time Claremont starts at the latest. I know for sure that at least the last epic collection thing is completely unneccesary garbage that shouldn't be bothered with as a result (IIRC you may not want collection 5 either, can't remember exactly where things hit the point that it becomes crappy).

Super fun series for a good long while though, some great stuff in there for sure.

Claremont starts in issue 90.

Messi

Can we all agree to be good about spoilers for Secret Wars #9 tomorrow? Usually when we get some big spoiler in a book some people come here and just post it out in the open. I'd like for that not to happen tomorrow.

Can we all agree to be good about spoilers for Secret Wars #9 tomorrow? Usually when we get some big spoiler in a book some people come here and just post it out in the open. I'd like for that not to happen tomorrow.

I will use spoiler tags. I can promise no more than that.

Also Messi, you ready? Day after tomorrow. :D

Lashley

I promise.

I never spoil stuff. I won't be reading it until late tomorrow anyway.

This goes for the walking dead, too! Spoil shit, get hit!

Lashley

All caught up on The Walking Dead.

Saw what was coming in the latest issue, but dammit if I'm not hyped.

Owzers

This SOTU is awful, Obama hasn't once mentioned the Spurs' win streak or DC's need of another relaunch. I bet Didio contributed to his third term campaign.

PsychBat!

Banned
C3serAy.png

Lashley

Tomorrows list

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #0

BR Eternal 15
Batman/TMNT 2
Constantine 8
Robin War 2

Huck 3
Walking Dead 150

ANAD Avengers 3
AN Wolverine 4
AN X-Men 3
Cap America Sam Wilson 5
GOTG 4
Mighty Thor 3
Secret Wars 9
Squadron Supreme 3
Uncanny Avengers 4

Beyond tagging it's important to mark spoilers too. It should be common sense, but we still have many people who
say someone dies
without giving proper context. It matters just as much as the tag!

Messi

It is GAF policy to spoil tag anything that was released recently

Oh you are new here. Big events mean some people for some reason disregard spoiler rules. It's annoying as shit. Another likely candidate is walking dead 150. People get excited and don't think.

Beyond tagging it's important to mark spoilers too. It should be common sense, but we still have many people who
say someone dies
without giving proper context. It matters just as much as the tag!

Also this. Two big books tomorrow. Please mention what book you are spoiling.

Messi

I'm somewhat interested in the idea of Trumo winning for the pure fuckery of his actions as head of state, but as a minority in America fuck that noise.

Don't even live there but don't want to see it happen.

What if he raises the price of slurpees, taquitos and beef jerky. I'd be fucked on holidays.

Down with trump.

Ultima_5

I gotta admit. you guys being move to community has been the best thing for my wallet. Haven't done an IST order in a year... until a few days ago.

just got caught up spiderman, and ms marvel, and the two x-men titles. now i'm about to dive into hickmans avengers/new avengers mess so I can read the secret wars.

Born in the Age of Apocalypse.
Rescued from Dark Beast's lab and raised by Sabertooth.
A snarky badass who often clashed with her X-Men leader Magneto.
One of two characters to escape the AoA reality (I think) along with Dark Beast.
Was later the leader of the reality hopping team known as the Exiles.
You forgot her origins though. Blink was a character that was created in an Xmen arc that would lead to the formation of the Generation X team (M, Jubilee, skin, etc). However she died at the end of that arc. She was so popular in her brief appearance when AoA popped up they brought her back in that timeline.

In other news I finished Undertale and it's good ending. Cool little game. And I now started Ori and the Blind forest. What a gem of a game this is 2 hours in.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
You forgot her origins though. Blink was a character that was created in an Xmen arc that would lead to the formation of the Generation X team (M, Jubilee, skin, etc). However she died at the end of that arc. She was so popular in her brief appearance when AoA popped up they brought her back in that timeline.

In other news I finished Undertale and it's good ending. Cool little game. And I now started Ori and the Blind forest. What a gem of a game this is 2 hours in.

Yeah I totally didn't know she had been in the Phalanx Covenant. I thought she had been created specifically for AoA. I had a few of those PC books but I didn't remember her. Must not have had the one(s) she was in. It was pretty hard to keep up with crossovers as a 6th grader.

Mindwipe

Secret Wars #9 is up pretty early on CMX.

I'm not sure what I think about it yet.

It definately goes for emotional punch more than making sense really... But I am glad that Franklin and Valeria aren't dead, as was rumoured.

Mindwipe

The one time there is Exiles talk in this thread and I missed it. For what it's worth, it's probably my favourite Marvel series of all time. I wish they'd bring it back, though I guess we've had spiritual successors in X-Treme X-Men (the Pak one), Web Warriors and Guardians of Infinity.

MMPR day today!

X-Men: Age of X

A really enjoyable read, and probably one of the few times I can say that I wouldn't mind reading more stories in this universe. Impact of the story probably would have been greater were I a Legion fan, but alas I am not.

Gambit was actually cool for once, and some of the ways they implemented mutants powers were cool and new (Dazzler's stealth scene). Some of it was terrifying and grotesque, though, like Basilisk, Stark, and Banner.

Regardless, a very good read I recommend for any X fan, or anyone who is a fan of gritty superhero action books

Mindwipe

The one time there is Exiles talk in this thread and I missed it. For what it's worth, it's probably my favourite Marvel series of all time. I wish they'd bring it back, though I guess we've had spiritual successors in X-Treme X-Men (the Pak one), Web Warriors and Guardians of Infinity.

MMPR day today!

ANAD Squadron Supreme is Exiles as well I suppose...

MMPR day today!

Well, they did try to bring Exiles back. But didn't it only last for like, 8 issues or something?

Top Bottom