• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

ThyComicList / DCBS
Archie Comics:
Archie #5
Black Hood #8

DC Comics:
Action Comics #48 (think im dropping:( ill miss Kuder)
Batman & T.M.N.T. #2
Robin War #2

Dynamite:
James Bond #3

IDW:
Back to the Future #4

Image:
Black Science #19
Descender #9
Fade Out #12
Rat Queens #14 (dropped)

Marvel:
Chewbacca #5
Darth Vader #15
Deadpool and Cable: Split Second #1
Secret Wars #9
Spider-Gwen #4
Star Wars #14

Its as good as Bendis SW Mini?

? You talking about Bendis and Sorrentino's Old Man Loagan before the relaunch?
I haven't gotten the "new" Old Man Logan #1 yet from dcbs

Also im getting tired of these relaunches constantly.. so annoying. Getting pretty hard to look up comics when there are two or three #1's within the last 6 months.

With that said.. I got the X-Men 92' mini that ended a bit ago,, it was OK.
Anyone know any details on the "NEW" X-Men 92' #1
FUCKING
re-launch?
Like whos the damn creative team, etc.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Also im getting tired of these relaunches constantly.. so annoying. Getting pretty hard to look up comics when there are two or three #1's within the last 6 months.

With that said.. I got the X-Men 92' mini,, it was OK. Anyone know any details on the "NEW" X-Men 92' #1
FUCKING
re-launch?

Nah, I mean, I have read the Secret Warzone Mini with Old Man Logan and from Bendis, which is labeled as the 0 Volume of the series (Pretty smart movie, btw, Marvel did this on a couple of books), but the real #1 is the one which you are still about to get from dcbs.

Sandfox

With that said.. I got the X-Men 92' mini that ended a bit ago,, it was OK.
Anyone know any details on the "NEW" X-Men 92' #1
FUCKING
re-launch?

Chris Sims and Alti Firmansyah are working on the book.

Mindwipe

Not really. They don't reality hop do they? Their roster isn't constantly changing. They are just a bunch of Justice League ripoffs from other realities stuck in ours.

They might...

I more meant in that they're a ragtag team of alternate dimension citizens, which is what the Exiles were too.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Has anyone here read Warren Ellis's Injection? Of so, how would you rate it? I'm a huge Transmetro fan, and really wanted to read more of Ellis. There's a TPB available, I believe.

Injection-1.jpg

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Yeah the first trade is out and actually the first ep for new arc is out today I think.

First trade was good, nothing spectacular on the story side it actually felt a lot like a promising introduction to the story that'll come after.

Secret Wars stuck it's landing imo. It could have gone on longer I think but it wrapped up nicely. The whole thing seems like a conclusion to Hickman's entire Marvel work. Loved how secret wars was basically a Fantasy Four book.

Secret Wars stuck it's landing imo. It could have gone on longer I think but it wrapped up nicely. The whole thing seems like a conclusion to Hickman's entire Marvel work. Loved how secret wars was basically a Fantasy Four book.

Yeah...literally just finished it. Was nice. The delays leave me feeling like it never reached its full potential, but it was about Marvel's first family, in the end. I also like the last
page or so of Doom, healed, at Castle Doom and just laughing at the fact that Reed Richards fixed everything
but as ever the problem with these things is that the singular writer isn't going to be pulling the strings from now on...so when someone/Bendis writes something like Civil War II...from that supposed leak it feels like that Marvel universe has learnt nothing at all :p

Will be nice in some sexy hardback.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so does secret wars explain how we get ANAD?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Has anyone here read Warren Ellis's Injection? Of so, how would you rate it? I'm a huge Transmetro fan, and really wanted to read more of Ellis. There's a TPB available, I believe.

Injection-1.jpg

Confusing but well written is how I'd describe. My first Ellis book so I have nothing to compare it to.

Not confusing throw whole way through. Things made sense by the end of issue 5 but for a few issues I was struggling to grasp things.

shingi70

Banned
My list for today

DC Comics
Green Lantern: Edge of Oblivion #1

Marvel
Secret Wars #9
The Mighty Thor #3
All New All Different Avengers #3
Captain America: Sam Wilson #5
Extraordinary X-men #5

shingi70

Banned
Not liking that the new Power Rangers series takes place in Modern Day, might as well have done Dino Charge if that was the case.

Owzers

i posted it before to complain but would you try to get an exchange for a book with this kinda defect? I ended up requesting an exchange from dcbs today. They will get back to me as soon as Messi gets his batwoman statue.

i posted it before to complain but would you try to get an exchange for a book with this kinda defect? I ended up requesting an exchange from dcbs today. They will get back to me as soon as Messi gets his batwoman statue.

I've had a trade or two with something like that. Doesn't really bother me, but you might try painting it and see if that helps.

Not liking that the new Power Rangers series takes place in Modern Day, might as well have done Dino Charge if that was the case.

I hope they do a Dino Charge crossover at some point.

IN A WORLD FULL OF STRIFE
WE MUST FIGHT TO SURVIVE
TRYING TO BREAK THE CHAINS THAT DIVIIIIIIIIIDE

I've really been digging this season tbh.

shingi70

Banned

Isn't that what the movie was supposed to be at one point in time. I hear Mighty Morphin is good, but it irks me something in canon (like it matters) isn't taking place in the early 90s. That said I would have muh preferred an Adaption of Go-busters or another Sentai that never had a Power Rangers adaption.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I read the spoils. It sounded boring. How much did I save? $5?

Yep it was $5 and it was basically just
a 25 page argument/fist fight between Doom and Reed (puke) where the wrong guy won.

Then again for me the main title was never that interesting because it was basically just a FF book and I've always them to be super lame. Hickman did nothing to change that. The tie-ins were what I found so appealing.

keep reading

I see what you mean.

Animal Man #18 - #26: That went in a not unexpected direction. Enjoyed it, with all the commentary about "dark" story telling and writers (and editors) whims. Very "Morrisony" ideas, but well presented (unlike Flex Mentallo). Last arc might have been a couple of issues longer than I would have liked but that could just be due to me not knowing anything about DC's abandoned characters and COIE.

Forgot to mention this, but I loved the art and the covers through out the series. And Ellen Baker was cool!

(Am I mistaken or is there a small Captain Carrot cameo in one of the late issues? - only reason I know about captain Carrot is the Multiversity cover/previews.)

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
My list for yesterday/today ended up looking like this.....

New Stuffs:
Injection #6
Spead #12
The Walking Dead #150

Secret Wars #9

Back Issues:
The Walking Dead #145-149
Revival #18-23
Nailbiter #18

Isn't that what the movie was supposed to be at one point in time. I hear Mighty Morphin is good, but it irks me something in canon (like it matters) isn't taking place in the early 90s. That said I would have muh preferred an Adaption of Go-busters or another Sentai that never had a Power Rangers adaption.

The Papercutz comics were set in the 90s, but they really leaned on the 90s stuff as a gimmick which hurt them a lot. They were also fairly terrible, in general. I just want the book to be good, I can tolerate smartphones, push notifications and more up-to-date clothes if the book is good. It baffles me they still have the communicators though, maybe Billy's tech is more secure or something.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I see what you mean.

Animal Man #18 - #26: That went in a not unexpected direction. Enjoyed it, with all the commentary about "dark" story telling and writers (and editors) whims. Very "Morrisony" ideas, but well presented (unlike Flex Mentallo). Last arc might have been a couple of issues longer than I would have liked but that could just be due to me not knowing anything about DC's abandoned characters and COIE.

Forgot to mention this, but I loved the art and the covers through out the series. And Ellen Baker was cool!

(Am I mistaken or is there a small Captain Carrot cameo in one of the late issues? - only reason I know about captain Carrot is the Multiversity cover/previews.)

Flex is a really good book though. Read it recently, and was floored by where it went and the overall simplicity of it all, even though it was presented through a very complex medium. There's a really good video on Youtube about it that I watched later on, and it helped put a number of pieces in place that I was thinking about.

shingi70

Banned
The Papercutz comics were set in the 90s, but they really leaned on the 90s stuff as a gimmick which hurt them a lot. They were also fairly terrible, in general. I just want the book to be good, I can tolerate smartphones, push notifications and more up-to-date clothes if the book is good. It baffles me they still have the communicators though, maybe Billy's tech is more secure or something.

true , hoping these leads to comics based on other series. I kind of want a Lightspeed Rescue series.

Flex is a really good book though. Read it recently, and was floored by where it went and the overall simplicity of it all, even though it was presented through a very complex medium. There's a really good video on Youtube about it that I watched later on, and it helped put a number of pieces in place that I was thinking about.

I did understand what it was trying to do, but it felt more convoluted than it should have been. Maybe even "self-indulgent"? Basically, I didn't enjoy it very much though I did find it interesting.

I am not able to articulate it well but Doom Patrol, Animal Man, We3 feel earnest where Flex Mentallo/Invisibles don't. Maybe they just need more detailed reading than I expect or am used to.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
1. Injection #6 - Got to learn a lot more about Headland's life. Set up a nice mystery. Foul sandwich!

2. Spread #12 - This one was heartbreaking but was also pure back story that didn't advance the current story at all.

3. TWD #150 - It was ok but nothing big really happened.

4. Secret Wars #9 - Blah blah blah

spoil me up dawg, even if its PM

Done. Although a bit ramble-y :p

I also didn't want to spoil EVERYTHING...but also my knowledge of Marvel is less than my DC stuff (only really started reading their ongoings the last time they tried to attract new readers with a label) so not exactly confident in my knowledge of things.

The DC ones? They're really nice. I have them both.

Yeah, I've got two bombshell statues as well...comics is not good for my money :p

Hamilton Book seems to be having a rather large sale.

http://www.hamiltonbook.com/books?listing_sort=3&pf[0]=0&pf[1]=1&pf[2]=2&cat_id=GN

Been holding off on the One Million Omnibus but couldn't resist at $30. Also ordered The Losers and Newsboy legion to fill some holes in the Kirby collection.

Other deals include

New 52 Zero and Villains omnibuses at $50 each.
Absolute Sinestro War Corps at $30.
Green Lantern Omnibuses (Broome) - $20 + $25.
Hawkman Omnibus (Johns) - $25.
Absolute Superman For Tomorrow - $20
And lots of DC archives at high discount.

Luigi87

Picked up Spider-Gwen #4 from last week, Silk #3, and Power Rangers (Blue Ranger cover).
... Now I just need to work up the urge to read them.

I still haven't read Spider-Gwen #3 or Silk #2...

IN A WORLD FULL OF STRIFE
WE MUST FIGHT TO SURVIVE
TRYING TO BREAK THE CHAINS THAT DIVIIIIIIIIIDE

I've really been digging this season tbh.

THERE IS ONLY ONE CHANCE
TO TAKE THE RIGHT STANCE
HOLD TIGHT
KEEP OUR POWERS ALIIIIIIIIIIVE

Top Bottom