• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

Legends, Crisis on Imfinte Earths, Operation Galactic Storm, Bloodlines.

Galactic Storm was epic back in the day, so good. Legends is pretty excellent as well.

Crisis has tons of good memories for me but I don't think it would hold up for a new reader. It was like reading the Old Testament for me as a kid. Secret Wars '15 has a similar feeling with the multiversal structure. Someone who does those comic cover mash ups needs to get on "The Final Fate of the Fantastic Four!"

Galactic Storm was epic back in the day, so good. Legends is pretty excellent as well.

Crisis has tons of good memories for me but I don't think it would hold up for a new reader. It was like reading the Old Testament for me as a kid. Secret Wars '15 has a similar feeling with the multiversal structure. Someone who does those comic cover mash ups needs to get on "The Final Fate of the Fantastic Four!"

I re-read Crisis like a week ago and liked it a lot more than I remember.

It helps that George Perez brings his A game.

Yay, I've always wanted to be on a list.

Yay! You watching the game?

I re-read Crisis like a week ago and liked it a lot more than I remember.

It helps that George Perez brings his A game.

He does...I haven't read a lot of books with Perez art but I feel like CoIE could be one of those times where if you need an example of seminal work by an artist...pick something from that.

Edit: I'm throwing Sinestro Corps War's hat in the ring for event contenders. I don't really think its better than 52 but I think it does everything an event should do really really well.

Just read Sub-Mariner #1 (1968) and holy crap Namor has bulked up during his time trapped in that ice! I'm hopeful that this little reboot of Namor will help reignite why I was excited about him earlier on in the reading order. It's already done a great job with the hobo Namor art by Buscema!

CYoTGV1WsAIPMWb.jpg

CYoTGagWEAAsfK9.jpg

ElNarez

Banned
so I just read Bitch Planet #6 and, let's be honest here : all of it is build-up to the joke on its last page

but what a fucking joke

what a fucking book

it's angry in exactly the right way, for the right reasons

Secret Wars and ANAD marvel was a fucking reboot I so called it. 616 my ass.

It's not a reboot.
Almost all continuity from the old 616 Universe (which was always the prime universe even if it didn't have that lavel) appears to remain intact in the new Prime Universe even if it's technically a new universe. Yes, it appears to have some Zero Hour/Infinite Crisis style continuity tweaks and they relabeled the 616 replacement, but this isn't even the first time the Marvel Multiverse has been destroyed and remade. And it's not like minor and major recons don't happen outside of world shattering events.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
humble bundle with Saga volume 4...what the fuck am I supposed to do with volume 4? wheres the rest?

Meh. 616 was better.

I always liked the reference to the old translation of the Number of the Beast, and that our Marvel Universe wasn't Earth-Prime or Earth-1 or the like.

humble bundle with Saga volume 4...what the fuck am I supposed to do with volume 4? wheres the rest?

The first three volumes were in the last Image bundle.

It's worse that they put in the Rat Queens Special but not the normal issues. This was my chance to win my friends over, Humble and Image!

The Enchanter

Neo Member
Hello potential new friend, how do you feel about Harley Quinn and Olivia Wilde?

So my acceptance into the group is based on my answer to these questions?

Olivia Wilde: Unbelievably beautiful.
Harley Quinn: Never read any unfortunately.

So I may have failed.

Messi

So my acceptance into the group is based on my answer to these questions?

Olivia Wilde: Unbelievably beautiful.
Harley Quinn: Never read any unfortunately.

So I may have failed.

How do you feel about the disgusting lewd adult bdsm lesbian sex love book Sunstone?

I don't think asking a new poster a bunch of questions to see if their interests align with yours is a great way to welcome someone imo. It only serves as a running inside joke for us and is unlikely to do much for the new poster.

With that said:

Welcome, Enchanter, hope you enjoy it here.

Owzers

Jesus Christ Kirkman. Get on with it already.

I am not a fan of edging.

I haven't read issue #150 yet but i am getting a little "eh" towards Walking. I liked Invincible's Reboot better between the two books, but even then the reboot felt too rushed and unimportant.

COMICS!..i guess...

PsychBat!

Banned
I don't think asking a new poster a bunch of questions to see if their interests align with yours is a great way to welcome someone imo. It only serves as a running inside joke for us and is unlikely to do much for the new poster.

With that said:

but running jokes are da best ed :(

That was by far the biggest and dumbest waste of time ever.

oh here we go

The Enchanter

Neo Member
I also wanna know if you have read Civil War, if you have what do you make of it?

Haven't read it.

I have the first two issues of Sunstone on my computer, havent got around to reading it yet.

Considering I seem to be failing at the questions so far: I AM at the moment following Bitch Planet, Heathen, WicDiv and DK III.
Also in the middle of reading Punk Rock Jesus.

Messi

With that said:

No fun allowed

Top Bottom