• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

Zombine

Banned
So yeah. That Smite comic book that came out NOWHERE:

Wood
Andrea Mutti
Jordie Bellaire (the only colorist in the industry)

God damn everyone. This book should be shit. It's a comic based on a fucking MOBA. It's fucking cool!

So, I just read American Alien #3 because of the talk earlier, and HOLY CRAP IT WAS SO GOOD.

I can't really say anything without spoiling the plot, but it was just so much damn fun. Excellent dialogue, excellent art, fantastic colors, and a hugely entertaining story and premise, especially for those members of the audience who've noted that
Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent
are suspiciously similar looking.

Boogiepop

So, does anyone have the Superior Spider-man Hardcovers, and would preferably be able to show them next to some other books so I can get an idea? I'm considering making an order on IST now that the next TMNT, Shutter, and Hellblazer (collection of old stuff) volumes are out, and I'm kind of tempted to get those too. Also considering grabbing that one volume of Silk that's out as well.

Adding to this for my decision making: would A-force volume 0 significantly spoil Secret Wars in any significant way? (I seriously, seriously need Marvel to hurry up and put out nice, properly organized Hickman Avenger/New Avengers omnibi so I can catch up on all that stuff.)

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Adding to this for my decision making: would A-force volume 0 significantly spoil Secret Wars in any significant way? (I seriously, seriously need Marvel to hurry up and put out nice, properly organized Hickman Avenger/New Avengers omnibi so I can catch up on all that stuff.)

A-Force had nothing to do with the overall plot of SW. Pretty much only Thors and Siege did as far as I know.

Messi

That Sunstone guy should do Bayonetta fanart

This made me laugh

Nope it won't spoil anything.

Catwoman #48: hints of greatness in a slurry of mediocrity characterize this 2016 vintage, a notable step down after the winery's excellent 2015 crop.

Also, wtf at that last page. Don't do this to my boy.

So,

On the status of the Marvel Universe after Secret Wars #9:
Guess the Marvel stuff was a reboot after all [shocked face]. Since Breevort himself said it's not the 616 Universe anymore.

Messi

Red Sonja #1 was so good. Beautiful art and great interesting story. Margurite Bennet slayed. Never in doubt but she was the best choice with Simone finishing up.

Sou Da

So,

On the status of the Marvel Universe after Secret Wars #9:
Guess the Marvel stuff was a reboot after all [shocked face]. Since Breevort himself said it's not the 616 Universe anymore.

Is it really a reboot if everything simply takes place after where the previous runs ended to the point where the event never happened for most people?

Is it really a reboot if everything simply takes place after where the previous runs ended to the point where the event never happened for most people?

On the post Secret Wars Marvel Universe:
New 52 happened after Flashpoint which happened after the previous DC continuity. There is a continuous through line. It's still a reboot. The Marvel stuff is absolutely a reboot

Mudcrab

On the post Secret Wars Marvel Universe:
New 52 happened after Flashpoint which happened after the previous DC continuity. There is a continuous through line. It's still a reboot. The Marvel stuff is absolutely a reboot

The changes in New 52 were much more drastic than ANAD Marvel with continuity being crunched into a span of 5 years and all the status quo changes.

Going from Leviathan Strikes to Batman Inc Vol 3 was much more jarring than anything in Marvel right now and that was with Morrison doing his best to ignore it all while the other Bat titles did their own thing.

VanWinkle

Secret Six Vol. 2 was absolutely astonishing. Oh my goodness. Wow.

Going to read this adorable little Black Canary and Zatanna: Bloodspell graphic novel, now.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just read Sunstone vol 1.

Yeah, it was great to look at (for obvious reasons), but that was some damn fine storytelling too.

It's pure smut, but whatever.

Messi

But in Gwen's world, S.I.L.K. is like H.Y.D.R.A..

I realize this and fully expect Cindy to be the big bad because Cindy is a SCUMBAG.

They're getting a crossover with Spider-Woman along for the ride.

They are? Gwen and Spider-Woman are adorable together.

Just read Sunstone vol 1.

Yeah, it was great to look at (for obvious reasons), but that was some damn fine storytelling too.

It's pure smut, but whatever.

It's alright, nothing special.

Yousefb

Secret Wars 9 was great. Overall pretty good event, definitely want to reread it in one to now that it is all out at some point. I liked the fact the ending was optimistic. Also the abstract fight scene was sexy

Busaiku

Seems like All New, All Different was not what people wanted from The Amazing Spider-Man.
Sales aren't bad right now, but it's lower than pre-Secret Wars and continues to see decent declines. Other titles see smaller drops/have relatively stabilized, but The Amazing Spider-Man doesn't seem to have hit its floor yet

It's still Marvel's best selling ongoing that's not Star Wars though.

Sandfox

Seems like All New, All Different was not what people wanted from The Amazing Spider-Man.
Sales aren't bad right now, but it's lower than pre-Secret Wars and continues to see decent declines. Other titles see smaller drops/have relatively stabilized, but The Amazing Spider-Man doesn't seem to have hit its floor yet

It's still Marvel's best selling ongoing that's not Star Wars though.
Those numbers are becoming less important as time goes on and the previous run was helped out quite a bit by Spider-Verse.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
You know I am joking. The storytelling and characters is what me and so many others have fallen in love with. Lewdness is nice also. Glad you read it and hope you get the other volumes as they are even better.
I know. Saw your avatar :p

I've already bought volume two. Will get three tomorrow. Is that all there is?

VanWinkle

Black Canary and Zatanna: Bloodspell was simply WONDERFUL. Fun, wonderful artwork and facial expressions, and silly hijinks.

What a great little graphic novel.

Top Bottom