• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

Okay. Captain Marvel ordered! Now someone please tell me "alternate portrait" means "extra head that you can swap out" and I didn't actually order the shitty helmet-head version. Anyone but Messi, because Messi is full of lies.

Preview: 4001 AD #1

Holy fuck, I have no idea what Clayton Crain tapped into to produce this, but he’s showing himself up in this comic.

Holy Jesus fucking tits, that looks amazing. I'm even willing to forgive that it's a Valiant book.

Shit guys. That Rouge One Leak.

Star Wars? Meh. That's so 2015.

Owzers

I'm bringing the Trump alerts back despite Kipp not being alive to see him become President.

Trump Alert: Republican debate tonight on Fox Business, forget the cavs/spurs, the Cruz/Trump/Rubio threeway is where it's at.

I'm bringing the Trump alerts back despite Kipp not being alive to see him become President.

Trump Alert: Republican debate tonight on Fox Business, forget the cavs/spurs, the Cruz/Trump/Rubio threeway is where it's at.

nHcdEvd.jpg

It could be worse, you could have to vote in Ireland's election. I have to vote, because I think everyone should, but right now the most appealing option is crossing out all the names on the ballot and writing "Batman" or "Dr. Harleen Quinzel" instead.

It could be worse, you could have to vote in Ireland's election. I have to vote, because I think everyone should, but right now the most appealing option is crossing out all the names on the ballot and writing "Batman" or "Dr. Harleen Quinzel" instead.

If you're in Ireland and you don't vote Messi, you're doing it wrong.

shingi70

Banned
A Poe book? And TUmblr lost their minds.

Soule doing 6 books now? And Noto is locked to doing the StarWars books is he?

Not is the Star Was guy at the moment he did art for 4 of ythe young adult novels. Wouldn't be surprised if he did the posters for the next few films.

arkon

37-42) Bizarro #1-6: Main reason I got this was for the Duarte art and it didn't disappoint. Love the style. Cartoony and wonderfully expressive. The writing held up too. The whole thing was just a really charming and fun book. I'd put it in the same category to miniseries like Spider-man/Human Torch and Langridge/Samnee's Mighty Thor in that it's a short series I'll likely revisit when in need of a pick-me-up. And I'm not normally interested in the Superman-related areas of the DC universe. I will say that parsing Bizarro's speech did get tiring at times.

TMNT/Batman #2 is basically shaping up to be the archetypal Crossover Comic. Heroes suspect each other, punch each other a little, then transition into stopping the bad guy and getting the out-of-universe party home.

I'm digging it. Nothing wrong with a little light nonsense.

Speaking of light nonsense, Red Hood/Arsenal continues its streak of cheesy goodness. I'm really hoping that this arc ends up changing Joker's Daughter into a more interesting (or at least, easier to look at) character.

shingi70

Banned
Joker's daughter needs a new costume how is that face even still a thing. Somewhat annoying how much DC pushses her a Gotham underground.

Lobo is just the worst, don't get the love for 90s Lobo.

I ordered a Harley Quinn statue for $150 with a non refundable deposit. This is what the statue looks like

Never go full Harley fan.

This kind of DC fuckery has me pretty pissed. They solicit the fucking thing WITHOUT PICTURES... and DCBS is taking pre-orders now, meaning if pics don't come out within a few weeks, then your only chance at the better discount is to order the thing sight-unseen. I want to get this, but I'm not going to blind-buy a $100 statue. We already know what she looks like in the movie so what's the problem?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's totally Kaine.
Believe.

he is dead (or is he, you could see a hand coming out of the other carcass at the end of spiderverse) and he does have stingers

3062926-logan+v+kaine+part+two.png

Maybe Marvel noticed my tweet to Chris Yost, Im important you know

Christopher Yost Retweeted you
21 Dec 2015: @yost just read your fantastic Scarlet Spider run, its a travesty there isn't a ANAD Kaine book. A travesty sir!

Marvelpls ;_;

Joker's daughter needs a new costume how is that face even still a thing. Somewhat annoying how much DC pushses her a Gotham underground.

Lobo is just the worst, don't get the love for 90s Lobo.

The face going away would be good. I think we're moving in that direction, thank god.

shingi70

Banned
Robin War had an interesting ending
Dick joining the court of owls to take them down is interesting, I was wondering if Nightwing would comeback soon but this is another year of plot lines. It's cool to see Duke walk away and start to form his own identity, it makes me wonder if Bruce's vision of Gotham during Endgame might come to fruition.

Doctor Strange's reboot has happened in the reading order, and wow that Dan Adkins' art.... wow, sir.

I feel I could have screen captured and shared each page, it's wonderful. I had to double check who had inked it, but that was Dan Adkins too. I can't wait to read more Doctor Strange now.

I've only noticed that Roy Thomas is perhaps the main guy for Marvel around this time (after Stan Lee) in terms of writing. Thomas is currently writing: X-Men (on and off), Avengers, Doctor Strange & Namor the last I saw.

Yousefb

Extraordinary Xmen #5
Fun issue overall had some great action. Sinister stays taking those L's since Secret Wars lol. Couple of questions though. Did they ever explain what Scott or is that yet to be revealed? I cant remember if they are still being puproseflly vague or they already revealed it and I just already forgot it. Second, is that the original Kurt or the Age of Apocalypse Kurt? The last X-related book I read was Remender's Uncanny Xforce and that had AoA Kurt as the original Nightcrawler is dead.

VanWinkle

Did you read the one shot Marguerite Bennett wrote? I thought that was great but other than that her only other notable moment is getting her ass beat badly by Harley Quinn in suicide squad.

I haven't but will look into it. From what series is it?

She's been fairly entertaining in Red Hood/Arsenal. Just needs a visual makeover and some character development.

I haven't got around to that series yet, but will at some point since I'm one of those people who liked Red Hood and the Outlaws.

Extraordinary Xmen #5
Fun issue overall had some great action. Sinister stays taking those L's since Secret Wars lol. Couple of questions though. Did they ever explain what Scott or is that yet to be revealed? I cant remember if they are still being puproseflly vague or they already revealed it and I just already forgot it. Second, is that the original Kurt or the Age of Apocalypse Kurt? The last X-related book I read was Remender's Uncanny Xforce and that had AoA Kurt as the original Nightcrawler is dead.

Honestly, I don't think Sinister has been a decent character since........ Messiah Complex?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Extraordinary Xmen #5

Original. AoA Kurt is dead

Sandfox

Marvel keeps poaching DC's promising writers like Lemire and Soule in order to replace the guys leaving them for Image. DC probably needs to give these guys more work and money.

beware-sting-65a9f.jpg

No...it can't be...
A Wasp series could be interesting.
Man, and I thought Marvel News Days were exciting.

I remember people saying that they wanted Kanan to be replaced with a TFA book and Poe is a character with a lot for them to do.

Top Bottom