• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

Messi

I just bought the Captain Marvel Premium Format.

Soon my love

vjPFb3n.gif

I finally got around to reading Extraordinary X-Men and i think I'm going to tear my hair out.

At the end Storm makes a big speech in front of the world. It was Literally the same damned speech Cyclops made in Uncanny X-men! Almost word for word! That speech was somehow Cyclops declaring war on the world and made the X-Men hate him even more. Storm says the exact same thing but none of the X-Men have a issue with her.

I think I'm done with the X-men books. Between Marvel complete character assassination of Scott for the last 2 years, and And all the X-men turning into huge Hippocrates. Trying to keep up with the X tittles has turned into an exorcise in frustration.

Owzers

Statues have rights too, you can't just do anything you want to them.

Xenoblade X started off great until you made it to the greyest city in on the planet.

Yousefb

I finally got around to reading Extraordinary X-Men and i think I'm going to tear my hair out.

At the end Storm makes a big speech in front of the world. It was Literally the same damned speech Cyclops made in Uncanny X-men! Almost word for word! That speech was somehow Cyclops declaring war on the world and made the X-Men hate him even more. Storm says the exact same thing but none of the X-Men have a issue with her.

I think I'm done with the X-men books. Between Marvel complete character assassination of Scott for the last 2 years, and And all the X-men turning into huge Hippocrates. Trying to keep up with the X tittles has turned into an exorcise in frustration.
I don't think his speech is the reason for all the Scott hate. It's implied that he did something horrible in the 8 month gap after Secret Wars. I don't think they've revealed what that was yet.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How did AoA Kurt die and when did the original come back?
Lol gotta love comics
Original came back in the first Amazing X-Men arc, the X-Men went to heaven and he came back with them (lol), but I cant remember how AoA Kurt died, maybe he didnt.

I don't think his speech is the reason for all the Scott hate. It's implied that he did something horrible in the 8 month gap after Secret Wars. I don't think they've revealed what that was yet.

I'm talking pre-secret wars. When all the other X-men hated him for "reasons" regardless of how many times he saved their lives. The Avengers Came after them in Australia But they got stopped by a Time bubble. Scott made this speech in front of the media basically saying they they would help every mutant in trouble, and every Human in need. But would fuck up anyone that came after them to do harm.

Storm basically stole his speech

Messi

I'm talking pre-secret wars. When all the other X-men hated him for "reasons" regardless of how many times he saved their lives. The Avengers Came after them in Australia But they got stopped by a Time bubble. Scott made this speech in front of the media basically saying they they would help every mutant in trouble, and every Human in need. But would fuck up anyone that came after them to do harm.

Storm basically stole his speech

They hated him because they blamed him for Xaviers death.

Yousefb

I do feel bad for Cyclops fans though. I never really liked the character but it seems like the last couple years he's been really dragged through the mud. Also did they ever explain how he had the full phoenix force during the early part of Secret Wars? Not like it did much for him anyway.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I do feel bad for Cyclops fans though. I never really liked the character but it seems like the last couple years he's been really dragged through the mud. Also did they ever explain how he had the full phoenix force during the early part of Secret Wars? Not like it did much for him anyway.

He had a phoenix egg

Messi

Sometimes Comixology's app is a real piece of shit. wont let me delete books without repeatedly powering my ipad on and off.

Anyone else reading I Hate Fairyland. Skottie Young is creating a fun world and story here, great characters. His art is amazing as usual his visual scope is amazing.

shingi70

Banned
Sometimes Comixology's app is a real piece of shit. wont let me delete books without repeatedly powering my ipad on and off.

Anyone else reading I Hate Fairyland. Skottie Young is creating a fun world and story here. His art is amazing as usual.

The Android app hangs on a loading screen alot. Shame it didn't become yeah until the 2.0 update.

Hate that there isn't a really good Android tablet out for reading comics.

That's... not what happens, tho?

Don't really see what you are saying. Looks more like he just didnt like the book rather than take shots at Landis.

This reminds me. Tommy Lee Edwards blocked Serpentine and me on twitter because of uh... reasons? He was super defensive about shit.

Considering the... let's go with focus of his critique, I'm not sure he read the book.

Don't really see what you are saying. Looks more like he just didnt like the book rather than take shots at Landis.

This reminds me. Tommy Lee Edwards blocked Serpentine and me on twitter because of uh... reasons? He was super defensive about shit.

I was sensing some salt when he replied with the whole "I'm not gonna mention HIS name" bit. Maybe I'm looking way too hard at it.

I was sensing some salt when he replied with the whole "I'm not gonna mention HIS name" bit. Maybe I'm looking way too hard at it.

No, I agree with you, he's absolutely looking to start some shit, 'cause he's certainly not critiquing the book.

Or at least not the book I got. Maybe he snagged a special edition.

I honestly don't remember that..its a complete blur. I thought Emma was killed by that omega mutant near the end also.
Everyone did, but Eva Bell fixed all of that and the she became a time traveler.
He had it since AvX apparently
I don't think that's ever said. My guess is that he acquires it during the first arc of Wolverine and the X-Men. At some point he goes and saves Logan and Quentin Quire's collective asses at an Askani temple-type thing. Quentin leaves and then Logan goes after him. Scott says he needs to stay behind and look into something, and then it cuts away with him smiling while facing down a bunch of priestesses.

My guess is that he suspected there was a Phoenix Egg in the temple and then found it. Though I haven't read anymore WatXM beyond that.

Landis has a bit of a habit of trying to interject himself into any criticism of his work even when its not wanted. From what I gather, he can come off as an entitled brat. From what Tommy Lee Edwards said from the last issue, they set up some auto search engine to populate results of when people are talking about it but not tagging it

If I remember right there was that one time Lexi Alexander criticized something about him or his work or something. He tried get at her in some way in some way or another and she wasnt having it. So she blocked him and he made a youtube video response and asked people to send it to her, so even if she wasn't interested in hearing him out, he was trying really hard to make sure she heard it anyway because he thought he was entitled to be heard out.

So as far as I know he has a bit of a reputation which may explain the tone of the tweet

tl;dr

idk Landis doesnt have a great reputation in some spots

Considering the... let's go with focus of his critique, I'm not sure he read the book.
Im not too keen on criticism that is basically 'I dont like this version of this character and didnt need it'

I think its pretty empty criticism, at least in comics. You can certainly make the same kind of criticism valid in a movie adaptation since we only get so many adaptations. But then again we have many different kinds of Superman in comics so *shrug* They dont all have to be the same kind of character. Im not really interested in the book but it seems like a genuine exploration of what Superman means to the creators

Vibranium

Banned
Man, I haven't been reading a lot of Marvel books lately. I think I'll check out Darth Vader and Soule's new Anakin and Obi-Wan series. I read a YA series of adventures about the two in high school and loved it. Hopefully this is similar.

I need to read Aaron's Doctor Strange as well.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Finally got hands on the one ass expensive Ben Reilly Epic Book.
Clone Saga is almost completed :D

And still tons of money left for this month. I should do something funny.

MartyStu

Original came back in the first Amazing X-Men arc, the X-Men went to heaven and he came back with them (lol), but I cant remember how AoA Kurt died, maybe he didnt.

He is definitely dead. His death and redemption was supposed to be the main thrust of the
oh so shitty
X-Termination event.

The AoA Universe died around the same time as well.

And along with it the coolest incarnation of Jean Grey we will ever get.

Rhaknar

He is definitely dead. His death and redemption was supposed to be the main thrust of the
oh so shitty
X-Termination event.

The AoA Universe died around the same time as well.

And along with it the coolest incarnation of Jean Grey we will ever get.

Thought he was dead, didnt actually read that event arc tho

Top Bottom