• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

Oops nevermind keep Medusa drop Carol.

r4SFU.gif

I love everything about that A Force promo image. Theres a lot of personality in it imo

Molina's artwork is pretty ace but he's kinda Coipel lite atm so I basically just end up wishing Coipel did it

GAMEPROFF

Banned
How does modern Marvel do this 'All New Stuff'? Is it stand alone? A reboot/retelling? Or just like assume you know all the back story?
Its just the continuation of the stories you are currently reading. Most the time, someone other takes over the over the identity of the hero and is then "All new"

mreddie

I think this is in the same reign as Blade The Hunter to me. Makes no sense to replace someone or give them a sidekick if you rarely use the character anyway, especially if that character is non white male.

Its just the continuation of the stories you are currently reading. Most the time, someone other takes over the over the identity of the hero and is then "All new"

Oh right, so like... TV show has been 3 seasons wasn't renewed for a while then suddenly 4th season renewal out of the blue with a different show runner?

Owzers

Ahhhh yeah comics-gaf, cavs/rockets tonight and Fox News just said "it will be a new day". I didn't hear the context but i assume it's wrestling related.

Owzers

I've been holding off on the Multiversity Deluxe HC because i never have anything to buy during those $5/6 morrison dc cmx sale trades. Don't fail me now cheapness.

I'm really disappointed how little Bendis accomplished All New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men, i've enjoyed reading it on MU, especially Uncanny for Bachalo's art, but it's nothing.

GotG on the other hand is my attempt to cheat death.

I'm really disappointed how little Bendis accomplished All New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men, i've enjoyed reading it on MU, especially Uncanny for Bachalo's art, but it's nothing.

Nothing long-term ever seems to happen in Bendis books because he always puts all of the toys back in the toybox, so to speak, when his run is finished. In Uncanny, Tempus was his method of doing this. She existed purely to be one big adorable deus ex machina.

Messi

Nothing long-term ever seems to happen in Bendis books because he always puts all of the toys back in the toybox, so to speak, when his run is finished. In Uncanny, Tempus was his method of doing this. She existed purely to be one big adorable deus ex machina.

I like this

shingi70

Banned
Decided to jump into the Marvel reading order and 80 issues in so far. lots of communism
and Thor is pretty lame. I'm loving Fantastic Four so far. Going to try to hit 100 tonight (X-men #2).

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
All caught up with my comics. Nothing to read until Wednesday.

Revival is still going strong after 23 issues. It just might have passed up Manifest Destiny as my favorite series. Though there could be some recency bias there since its been two months since I've read an issue of MD.

Messi

All caught up with my comics. Nothing to read until Wednesday.

Revival is still going strong after 23 issues. It just might have passed up Manifest Destiny as my favorite series. Though there could be some recency bias there since its been two months since I've read an issue of MD.

Caught up with comics....no, you are not fooling me with this nonsense.

Who you kidding here? No one catches up on their backlog. You may have to turn in your comi gaffer membership.

Sillymonkey I love your new avatar.

--

ROCKETS VS CAVS ON NATIONAL TV. LETS GO ROX.

Owzers

Who you kidding here? No one catches up on their backlog. You may have to turn in your comi gaffer membership.

Sillymonkey I love your new avatar.

--

ROCKETS VS CAVS ON NATIONAL TV. LETS GO ROX.

I was browsing issues of Secret Avengers on my tablet looking for ipad wallpaper and stumbled into avatars, this one will be a keeper. Watching cavs/rockets and playing hearthstone instead of reading comics...

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Caught up with comics....no, you are not fooling me with this nonsense.

Okay I may have exaggerated a wee bit. There are still a few things I can read. I still have.....

2 issues of TMNT
3 Issues of Reyn
1 issue of Lady Mechanika
4 issues of Deadpool vs Hawkeye
And most of Age of Apocalypse

VanWinkle

Man, I just finished Pax Americana, and read a large dissection of the issue, and I'm just mentally exhausted now. I think I'm going to take the rest of the night off from anymore comics reading. Extremely interesting issue.

Okay I may have exaggerated a wee bit. There are still a few things I can read. I still have.....

2 issues of TMNT
3 Issues of Reyn
1 issue of Lady Mechanika
4 issues of Deadpool vs Hawkeye
And most of Age of Apocalypse

I keep meaning to pick up Lady Mechanika. I read the few issues that came out years ago before Benitez got fucked over by his publisher around issue #3. It just stopped coming out and that was the last anyone heard about it for quite a while. He ended up just re-releasing the whole thing recently under his own publishing label. I liked what I read back then so I'm certainly planning to pick it up again.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I keep meaning to pick up Lady Mechanika. I read the few issues that came out years ago before Benitez got fucked over by his publisher around issue #3. It just stopped coming out and that was the last anyone heard about it for quite a while. He ended up just re-releasing the whole thing recently under his own publishing label. I liked what I read back then so I'm certainly planning to pick it up again.

Yeah it's a fun book with some really nice art. I got the first 6 (0-5) in the CMX Submit sale. Once I'm caught up on Revival I'll go after the secon LM arc.

Well bought my first few Marvel comics in forever.
Spider-Gwen #1,2 & 3
All New Wolverine #1 & 2
Silk # 1 & 2
Invincible Iron-Man #1,2,3 & 4 (So over Iron Man but MJ being in has my interest.)

Top Bottom