• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

Messi

let's not talk about anime and ruin a great night of football watching and comic reading.

Agreed.

tumblr_n8k996khSM1qbsh4co1_500.gif

shingi70

Banned
About to read The Great Darkness Saga for the first time, not a big legion fan but it was recommended to me earlier today.

There should be a DC comiXology sale this for legends of tomorrow. Hoping a!of of the ray palmer stuff gets added.

I'm really enjoying Huck, just read issue 3 and it's pretty heartwarming. I can't believe this is Mark Millar writing this.

Also the preview for Empress has got me excited, really happy to see Stuart Immonen on a creator owned project.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I'm really enjoying Huck, just read issue 3 and it's pretty heartwarming. I can't believe this is Mark Millar writing this.

Also the preview for Empress has got me excited, really happy to see Stuart Immonen on a creator owned project.

I was interested until I saw it was from Millar and realized it would be yet another mini-series.

Messi

I thought Chrononauts was pretty heartwarming

I thought Chrononauts was pretty heartwarming

I thought Starlight as well was a feel good comic, Millar's been producing crowd pleasing books for a while now, it's quite a turn from his older books like Wanted, Nemesis, Ultimate Avengers and Kickass.

Yeah I know. That was supposed to be "would" not "could". I just don't like mini-series.

If I dislike them I still feel obligated to finish them.

And if I do like them it just feel like a big tease.

Yeah I agree, mini-series do feel like a tease, but it's probably the only way that Millar is able to keep having these amazing artist on his books.

Messi

I got a friend to read god of thunder and he wants to read more. So the order goes

Thor God of thunder OHC Vol 1
Thor God of thunder OHC Vol 2
Jane Thor Vol 1 and 2
The Mighty Thor

Am I right?

tim1138

About to read The Great Darkness Saga for the first time, not a big legion fan but it was recommended to me earlier today.

There should be a DC comiXology sale this for legends of tomorrow. Hoping a!of of the ray palmer stuff gets added.

Great Darkness Saga is awesome, but it sucks the trade cover is a spoiler.

Messi

Is this a rhetorical question? If they were slightly out of order I would think you're honestly asking. 🌝

I wonder how your friend will react to
fuckin Thor fighting Galactus?
What a god tier issue.

He likely wont know who that is. He essentially only knows the MCU movies.

Boogiepop

I've only heard bad things about the comics, and the ones I tried picking up weren't good either. Guess I just have bad luck, lol. I'll start with those two recs :D

To clarify a little better, I've read all but the last trade from the trades listed here if you scroll down. Hush Beyond is great, Industrial Revolution is baaaaad, 10,000 Clowns is at least decent and IIRC pretty good (though it follows up on Industrial Revolution a little you can get by without it.) Then you hit Justice League Beyond, and Konstriction is pretty bland, and then In Gods We Trust I think was just okay.

And then you hit the good stuff, with Batgirl Beyond, Justice League Beyond: Power Struggle, Rewired, and then finally capping off with the really awesome Justice Lords Beyond. (And then like I said, I haven't read Mark of the Phantasm).

So from that, I guess I'd recommend reading Hush Beyond, and then maybe skipping ahead to Batgirl Beyond and carrying on from there? In theory the other books matter to some degree, but I can't imagine you'd be too thrown off by skipping them. Though if you want more of the stuff then they'll do okay, outside of the awful Industrial Revolution, as I mentioned.

Messi

Gonna catch up on Deadpool, which runs are top tier?

Read The Good, The Bad and The Ugly from the most recent run. I think its Deadpools best story. The rest of the run bar the first arc is pretty great too but that story is on another level.

Owzers

Green Bay, don't you dare be sour!

Karnak #1 kinda broke my will to read more comics today, that or Xenoblade X is getting to me.

Megatron

The comic I have chosen to pair with tonight's game is the final 10 issues of Waid and Samee's daredevil run.

Well, minus the last two issues. They arent up on unlimited yet.

I really hope Kristin doesn't die.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
this is why i watch the NBA, you see the Rockets play and you know they are going to lose eventually, they don't keep you guessing.

That's how it is as a Vikings fan too. But seeing the Packers win feels just as bad as when the Vikings lose.

Thankfully Larry Fitz did not let that happen.

VanWinkle

Man, there are so many DC trades coming out in February and March from all the DC You and that general timeframe of stuff. It's insane. I don't know how I'm supposed to buy it all.

Messi

I like that Gwenpool cover.

He could very well leave you guys after this season.

I didn't say it would be with us lol

Man, there are so many DC trades coming out in February and March from all the DC You and that general timeframe of stuff. It's insane. I don't know how I'm supposed to buy it all.

You could do what a large part of the DC fanbase did and not buy any of them.

Top Bottom