• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
That's Ringside dropped.

If I wanted a bad story with gangsters I'd watch a Stephen Seagal movie.

Owzers

i'm all set for entertainment tonight though, if the Warriors get too far ahead in this game i have the new Fantastic Four movie rented, i've heard good things.

shingi70

Banned
You dudes should read super pro ko.
81-GWBoJNKL.jpg

PsychBat!

Banned
I think I just finished an argument with a friend who said that the origin for Adam Sandler in the movie Pixels was believable and realistic.

Messi

I read Paper Girls #4 just now. Part of me is totally on board but part of me hates it. It's an odd feeling. I like the girls. I guess I just wanted a book about those girls in that Era. Those
silent video game
pages in the middle hit me hard. I know that feeling.

Cliff Chiang is a master.

Whomeam

Neo Member
I read Paper Girls #4 just now. Part of me is totally on board but part of me hates it. It's an odd feeling. I like the girls. I guess I just wanted a book about those girls in that Era. Those
silent video game
pages in the middle hit me hard. I know that feeling.

Cliff Chiang is a master.

I can actually agree with this. I love it for what it is but I definitely would have preferred just a normal life during that era comic.

I've actually been wanting a comic about that a lot, just people living their normal lives in school or whatever. Very hard to find any.

Messi

I can actually agree with this. I love it for what it is but I definitely would have preferred just a normal life during that era comic.

I've actually been wanting a comic about that a lot, just people living their normal lives in school or whatever. Very hard to find any.

Strangers in Paradise?

VanWinkle

Yeah. And he doesn't really start to mellow out until Dick takes over as Bats. And he's not really likable until Tomasi's Batman & Robin (imo).

Yeah, my opinion of him changed through the brilliant Batman and Robin volume 1 I read awhile back, but right now I hate him. But he is an interesting character, if only for his unique connection to Bruce.

He's back to being a jerk in Robin War.

Haha :(

You like slice-of-life comics. The new Archie series is good for that. Or Strangers in Paradise as Messi suggested, if you're willing to put in the time.

He's back to being a jerk in Robin War.

A little. He never really stopped being a cocky SOB, the only real reversion in Robin War is his apparent disdain for Jason and Tim. His treatment of the We Are Robin crowd is basically in line with his character even post-development.

Messi

You like slice-of-life comics. The new Archie series is good for that. Or Strangers in Paradise as Messi suggested, if you're willing to put in the time.

Being totally serious, the lesbian bdsm romance series Sunstone fits in perfectly in the slice of life category. Came for the bdsm stayed for the relationships and everyday life stuffs.

Whomeam

Neo Member

Absolutely love the new Archie comic, digging the Jughead stuff too.

Going to check out Strangers in Paradise as soon as possible.

Just finished Flash Blitz, Johns really knows how to write a fun villain.

Hoping to see that Zoom in the movies, Reverse Flash really doesn't have much on him.

Starting Ignition, seems like a filler arc so far.
I don't care much for amnesia hero stories because it's just a temporary status quo. I wanted to see more of Zoom.

HiiiLife

Comics are always something I've wanted to get into just never had the money to invest till a couple years ago. Any recommendations on apps for smartphones?

Just So Happens is a solid little graphic novel. About a Japanese woman who returns to Japan after living abroad to attend her father's funeral. Art's pretty good too.

It has some sci-fi elements but Love & Rockets has some slice-of-life elements and I highly recommend it. Very focused on the characters and their relationships and it's hard not to love it.

Why I Hate Saturn gets a bit goofy at the very end but besides that it's very down to earth and very good. A little hard to find if you want it new but it's a great and quick read.

None of them are really focused on people in school but they do focus on young adults.

Comics are always something I've wanted to get into just never had the money to invest till a couple years ago. Any recommendations on apps for smartphones?
Comixology is the best reader for phone usage. They sell pretty much everything now so if you want to read something, they probably have it. I'm kind of clueless when it comes to CBR/CBZ/PDF readers for phones though.

For sub-based services there's Marvel Unlimited and Scribd. MU gets pretty much everything Marvel puts out with a six month delay so it's a great deal for someone looking to get into comics. Scribd has a mix of comics from Marvel, IDW, Boom, etc.

I honestly couldn't recommend reading them on smartphones. Terrible experience.

But... Marvel Unlimited is a subscription based offering that gives you access to basically everything Marvel's ever published (that's older than 6 months). It's a terrible service, but at 10 bucks a month it's an incredible value.

Comixology is where I do my reading in general, but that's the webstore; can't comment on smartphone app quality.

Top Bottom