• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

Owzers

are there any websites who publish solicits with hires cover art? I need more ipad wallpapers people, newsarama was 700x1200ish, cbr was 900x1300ish, i want morrrrrrrre resolutions....

Messi

I couldn't love this Mockingbird cover any more than I do. So hyped for that series.

jx2MsmW.jpg

Oh and Pulido on Scarlet Witch should be fun.

No ANAD books cancelled yet it seems. I would have predicted Red Wolf or Weirdworld would be gone by now.

It's odd that they are doing a Spiderwomen cross over and the series artists for two of the books aren't drawing the books. Deflates hype a bit. Bengal is on Gwen and Ford is on Silk. Javier Rodriguez is still on spider woman for the crossover. Books not looking like they usually do kills my hype in events.

mreddie

I couldn't love this Mockingbird cover any more than I do. So hyped for that series.

Oh and Pulido on Scarlet Witch should be fun.

No ANAD books cancelled yet it seems. I would have predicted Red Wolf or Weirdworld would be gone by now.

Marvel said they are doing the season plan, basically all books are 12 books unless you are a high seller...which might be 75% of them aren't selling high.

Messi

Marvel said they are doing the season plan, basically all books are 12 books unless you are a high seller...which might be 75% of them aren't selling high.

I'm ok with that, some books shouldn't be ongoings and are better suited to 12 issues.

Mafro

are there any websites who publish solicits with hires cover art? I need more ipad wallpapers people, newsarama was 700x1200ish, cbr was 900x1300ish, i want morrrrrrrre resolutions....
Dunno if he still does it but there was a guy on the comic books subreddit that uploaded unlettered covers of all the Marvel books every Wednesday.

Interesting. I wonder how closely they'll stick to this plan. Like if they'll make acception for titles that sell particularly poorly.

shingi70

Banned
Gross. Do you want every comic to be slice of life or something?

Every comic should be slice of life. Screw Black Panther fighting bad guys, I want him wining and dining royalty while working on tax reforms, and the secondary story being his sister lvining in Alatna attending soellman college and superheroing on the side.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished Fables.

Has there ever been a series with as many absolutely fantastic covers?

Even when James Jean left, the majority of them were still pretty great.

Avengers #3 was better than the last two issues but it still hasn't quite clicked with me yet. I haven't read Vision's solo comic, but he comes across as a bit of a dick in this.

SoilBreak

Banned
GRAYSON #19
Written by JACKSON LANNING and COLLIN KELLY
Art by CARMINE DI GIANDOMENICO
Cover by MIKEL JANIN
Variant cover by JOHN ROMITA, JR. and DANNY MIKI
On sale APRIL 27 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
It’s the ultimate spy showdown! Civil war has broken out at Spyral, with Dick Grayson stuck in the middle. When true allegiances are revealed, which agents will be left standing—if any?

Hopefully Seeley & King comes back next issue.

tim1138

Hmmmm...

BATGIRL #51
Written by BRENDEN FLETCHER
Art by ELEANOR CARLINI
Cover by BABS TARR

GRAYSON #19
Cover by MIKEL JANIN

ROBIN, SON OF BATMAN #11
Written by RAY FAWKES
Art by RAMON BACHS
Cover by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY

SUPERMAN #51
Written by PETER J. TOMASI
Art by MIKEL JANIN
Cover by JOHN ROMITA, JR. and KLAUS JANSON
It’s the start of a new chapter in the Man of Steel’s life that will change everything you know as the epic eight-part “Super League,” all written by Peter J. Tomasi, spans BATMAN/SUPERMAN, SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN and ACTION COMICS in April and May!

Messi

Hmmmm...

BATGIRL #51
Written by BRENDEN FLETCHER
Art by ELEANOR CARLINI
Cover by BABS TARR

GRAYSON #19
Cover by MIKEL JANIN

ROBIN, SON OF BATMAN #11
Written by RAY FAWKES
Art by RAMON BACHS
Cover by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY

SUPERMAN #51
Written by PETER J. TOMASI
Art by MIKEL JANIN
Cover by JOHN ROMITA, JR. and KLAUS JANSON
It’s the start of a new chapter in the Man of Steel’s life that will change everything you know as the epic eight-part “Super League,” all written by Peter J. Tomasi, spans BATMAN/SUPERMAN, SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN and ACTION COMICS in April and May!

Odd that the covers are still by the regular artists. Hmmm. I would hope Babs isnt leaving Batgirl (id be stunned if she did) Janin and Gleason leaving their books would annoy the shit out of me.

Top Bottom