• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

Zombine

Banned

Fib1OYT.jpg

MG310

Oh my...

Freeza these solicits have another bunch of suicide squad statues with no pictures looool

Not bad...loses something in translation like the Manapul Batman did though. The paint on the 25 dollar figures is closer to looking like Bermejo's style.

Also they are afraid of giving the Arkham Harley figures any facial expressions for some reason.

Messi

Not bad...loses something in translation like the Manapul Batman did though. The paint on the 25 dollar figures is closer to looking like Bermejo's style.

I agree, but I just love the style. I think it looks cool for the first modern B&W Harley.

I do not like that Action Figure. But it is closer to the art.

Owzers

Also they are afraid of giving the Arkham Harley figures any facial expressions for some reason.

To be fair it's the same expression people have when they read DC books.

Oh my...

Freeza these solicits have another bunch of suicide squad statues with no pictures looool

DC doubling down on the mystery. They took Funko's blind-box figure idea and ran with it. Why sell mystery figures at $5 a pop when you can sell $150 blind-box statues?

tim1138

I missed the return of Henry Bendix in the Midnighter solicit. Surely it's all lining up for Orlando to launch a new Authority title.

Zombine

Banned
Almost all of my holiday/sale shopping has come in, and the backlog grows...

Also ready for the Hawkguy reading, whenever that starts.

Almost done. Just tinkering with images. This book deserves respect and I wanted to sort out the logistics. I've been looking for "bonus material" that we can discuss along side the reading. Tons of great concept art and stuff that I'll post as we reach certain milestones.

Edit: anyone who likes SCUD Is A-OK with me.

Why does Lobdell keep getting involved with Teen Titans? First New52, then NEW New52, and now Titans Hunt. I feel bad for fans of the series since they can't escape him.

Why does Lobdell keep getting involved with Teen Titans? First New52, then NEW New52, and now Titans Hunt. I feel bad for fans of the series since they can't escape him.
Jesus Christ, he's on Titans Hunt too? This is fucked up, man. At least Suicide Squad might get good again soon, but for now, RIP Titans (still)

I feel like Hawkworld was on sale over the summer, because I definitely grabbed it.

That's probably my favorite pre injury Howard Porter art, his stuff on the Ray was so good.

And speaking of Hawkman, over the past couple weeks CMX has added the three issue Legend of the Hawkman miniseries. I kind of feel like no one has read it but me, it originally came out around 2000 and was written by Ben Raab with art from Michael Lark. When it was released in print, each issue was released in that prestige format, and they were all like 50 or so pages long. It uses the Silver Age Thanagarians living on Earth versions of the Hawks and was a pretty decent story. If you like self contained stories and the Hawks, you could do a lot worse than the $6 it costs to grab it on CMX.

Thanks for mentioning that. I added them to my wish list and plan on getting them on the next line wide sale. So I'm hearing the Ray issues on sale are worth picking up?

Just finished Fables.

Has there ever been a series with as many absolutely fantastic covers?

Even when James Jean left, the majority of them were still pretty great.

Yea they're really good but my vote for top covers the whole run is Sandman.

Speaking of Sandman I guess next week we'll get Lucifer on sale

Sandfox

Seems like Steve will be back behind the mask this summer

Just revealed during the 75th special

There's an interview on Marvel's website talking about it

portrait_uncanny.jpg

So Nick is writing 2 Cap books.

Yup and more Nick Spencer is a good thing. It looks like Sam will continue to deal with the threats nobody else wants to touch with a ten-foot pole, like he is now, while Steve will deal with a threat from his past.

E the Shaggy

Sam just never really fit as Cap to me. They tried to make him too much like Steve personality wise, and the only differing factor seemed to be that Sam could fly.

Bucky Cap worked because you had a guy who was trying to live up to the memory of his mentor, but at the end of the day, couldn't be more different. Buck lamenting not having super soldier serum running through his veins as he tossed the shield was great.

JTripper

I can dig the costume but the shield is weird. Don't fuck with my circle shield Marvel!

Edit: Just noticed that there are no ears. Shitty costume.

In Marvel's April Solicits they have:
12 comics priced at $4.99
73 comics priced at $3.99
3 comics priced at $2.99

Guess they killed off the $2.99 price point. Shame.

E the Shaggy

The loss of the wings on his mask is so distracting. I just noticed they were missing and now I can't stop thinking how bad that looks. He looks like a big condom.

Top Bottom