• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

Messi

My goodness that costume and shield is awful. Hopefully Sam Cap stays around.

The loss of the wings on his mask is so distracting. I just noticed they were missing and now I can't stop thinking how bad that looks. He looks like a big condom.

Thatesclatedquickly.gif

E the Shaggy

In Marvel's April Solicits they have:
12 comics priced at $4.99
73 comics priced at $3.99
3 comics priced at $2.99

Guess they killed off the $2.99 price point. Shame.

I dont get how anyone buys singles anymore at these prices. Marvel Unlimited and the steady stream of sales on Graphic Novels/Omnibii works well for me in terms of saving huge amounts at this point.

They also have a $5.99 per month price point.

holding the line at $5.99

also for fyre

DD2015006-cov-49b10.jpg

Sandfox

According to the interview, Steve's new shield can produce an energy blade and can be split in half for each arm.

But for how long?

Something has to give with all these marvel books. Customers money only stretches so far.

Some books are going to be canceled soon enough.

The Frank Miller Love and War artist? That's the only thing that comes to mind thinking of his name.

Yea, that's him. Just a cool cover, tho. Far as I can tell, the actual book is just more decompressed dryhumping of Frank Miller's DD we briefly escaped from under Mark Waid, but at least they got good taste in cover artists.

frye

There's a world where Billy the Sink kept drawing comics (inking other people isn't quite the same) and that's the place I want to live

The Frank Miller Love and War artist? That's the only thing that comes to mind thinking of his name.

The fact that Love and War of all things is your frame of reference for Sienkiewicz is kinda amazing

Finished up the entirety of the 1998-2011(?) Daredevil run. Those last dozen or so issues after Brubaker were okay. I hate seeing an event completely disrupt the status quo (Dark Reign I think it was) and then Shadowland was whatever. I didn't bother to read the actual event or anything, just the DD issues. Going to try to catch up on: Brubaker's Captain America, Fraction's Iron Fist, and Ellis' Thunderbolts before I start Waid's run.

Also it's pretty funny, Shadowland being about a hero corrupted by a secret group of assassins... while I'm about to finish the last two episodes of Arrow S3, which happen to be about a hero being corrupted by a secret group of assassins.

Transforming Shield?

You telling me Falcon wouldn't give cap back his shield ? I don't believe that for a second.he would give it back.

He would, but Steve wouldn't allow it, but then he'd take it back.

I honestly vastly preferred Old Steve. Since OG Fury is gone, it was like having another Nick Fury, only he isn't as much of a grumpy douche.

Still, if Sam will eventually revert back to just being Falcon, give him a better fucking costume and some new tools. Just having the wings in that shitty old costume won't cut it. He needs better weapons. Him doing sick flight-unflight-shield throw combos was awesome. Take that away and you best be prepared to replace it.

Give Steve his old transforming energy shield back.

Top Bottom