• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

PsychBat!

Banned
Not sold on X-Men yet. Didn't like the trailer because the last quarter of it was just several people showing off their powers like they were in a damn demo reel of special effects.

In Marvel's April Solicits they have:
12 comics priced at $4.99
73 comics priced at $3.99
3 comics priced at $2.99

Guess they killed off the $2.99 price point. Shame.

Brutal. With the Canadian dollar so low, I'm having to pay 20 percent above the cover price. And I'm the lucky one because I have a pull. People who walk in off the street and grab books off the shelf pay 40 percent above cover price.

List

Rachel Rising #39
Patsy Walker #2
Poison Ivy Cycle of Life and Death #1 of 6
Clean Room #4

Decided to drop Mighty Thor and Extraordinary X-Men. I like 'em, but not enough for what Marvel wants to charge me for them. Im interested in Silver Surfer, but I'll trade wait and start at Slott/Allred's first volume of the book.

Vyer

SS movie looks fun, but let me just say this: I'm always very suspicious of people who think the Joker is SO KEWL.

...I kinda wanna say both? But the unironic circlejerk about how "scary" and "awesome" Leto's tryhard Joker reminds me of college fratboys going on about how great Fight Club is. Tyler Durden poster having niggas.

There's nothing really unreasonable about Leto's take on the character and people liking what they see of it so far. Kind of a weird leap/connection you're making here.

Brutal. With the Canadian dollar so low, I'm having to pay 20 percent above the cover price. And I'm the lucky one because I have a pull. People who walk in off the street and grab books off the shelf pay 40 percent above cover price.

That's insane! I wish they would do some kind of digital discount for books after a month like DC/Image. I know they have MU for people who would rather wait but it's still lame.

Messi

epodaaA.gif

Truuuuuue looooove

Owzers

Fantastic Four finished, didn't really like it though i was hopeful early on, seemed like all build-up to a bunch of nothing.

I ventured into the OT thread for the Wonder Woman footage....

I dislike people.

Suicide Squad trailer was cool.

<3 Harley/Katana

Batman #48 was typically solid. Gonna miss Capullo, but Sean Murphy is no damp squib of a temporary replacement.

Shaanyboi

Banned
So what's the difference between the Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman - Trinity Deluxe Edition that comes out today? Is it just a basic reprinting, or are there additional included issues?

Mindwipe

That Cap shield looks bad.

I wish Marvel had the balls to keep him a miserable old git. This is the thing about the moves like making Thor female and Cap black - nobody believes they're actually going to stick and therefore the MU doesn't get more diverse. It wouldn't surprise me if they kill of Miles in the next ten years.

I suppose we should be glad Kamala looks safe.

tim1138

Squad trailer was insane, that movie looks like an absolute blast. I hope someone calls Harkness "Boomerbutt" at least once during the movie. I'm glad Ayer said fuck it and just threw all kinds of crazy shit in the movie, magic, Croc, Katana's sword being able to steal souls, I love it. I think Leto is going to nail the Joker.

Mindwipe

The Joker has had so many different takes over the years I don't really get how anyone can say that it's invalid. I'd rather they do something different than try a weak impression of Nicholson or Ledger's versions. I thought the trailer was cool. Good music choice.

shingi70

Banned
Man I hate to jump into the who DC fan persecution complex, but it seems people are trying to find things to be made about. Complaining about how gritty (wut) Wonder Woman looks than saying its too light becuase of that glasses scene is dumb.

It's really sad that we get footage of the first Woman led super hero movie and a good chunk of the thread is her being body shamed and not good enough. Shudders to make me see how people are going to respond too Black Panther.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Just stay away from the big Offtopic side threads and only participate in the Spoiler and Production Threads. Did this with Marvel ages ago and its a so better life quality now.

PsychBat!

Banned
Man I hate to jump into the who DC fan persecution complex, but it seems people are trying to find things to be made about. Complaining about how gritty (wut) Wonder Woman looks than saying its too light becuase of that glasses scene is dumb.

It's really sad that we get footage of the first Woman led super hero movie and a good chunk of the thread is her being body shamed and not good enough. Shudders to make me see how people are going to respond too Black Panther.

welcome to OT GAF, where MCU fanboys and DCCU fanboys exist.

Also, no matter how much you want to respond to these kind of posts, don't respond. Motherfuckers see only good and bad and never just okay or decent. Any criticism is an insult or slight against the movie they love and any praise you give means you're a sheep.

shingi70

Banned
Okay, Why can't we all get along and just enough great movies coming from both sides of the fence.

The new Cap outfit is a bit lame, they should really just keep him in the Nick Fury sole and use the super Solider suit from a few years ago when bucky was Cap.

Mafro

That Cap shield looks bad.

I wish Marvel had the balls to keep him a miserable old git. This is the thing about the moves like making Thor female and Cap black - nobody believes they're actually going to stick and therefore the MU doesn't get more diverse. It wouldn't surprise me if they kill of Miles in the next ten years.

I suppose we should be glad Kamala looks safe.
I'm actually surprised female Thor has lasted this long, no doubt things will be back to normal when Ragnarok comes out.

Just ignore the noise. Most are reacting to the reputation of the footage and not the footage. And then have to dial their opinion up to 11 to "stand out". If DC gets a couple good movies and things will change. WW discussions in the movie threads always make me laugh because it always boils down to how skinny Gal is when WWs physical strength appearance has never been a consistent defining feature of the character. The bottom line is most commenting on these things aren't really familiar with the character. Which makes sense because most learn characters outside of comics and she hasn't had as much coverage outside DC animation until now

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'm not sure they care about sales so much as brand synergy with the vastly more profitable parts of the business.

Then they would have had Steve and Odinson around for the Avengers movie. Sorry, after ANAD I call this bullshit. The Marvel Universe is currently way different then the stuff that happens on screen.

Mafro

Sales were better than Odinson.
Though All New, All Different might have killed that.
Doesn't surprise me considering the amount of promotion it got everywhere and the hook of not knowing who Thor was (even though a lot of people called it). I wonder if the sales stayed consistent or if there was a big drop off.

WW is kind of a special case for a character imo.

There are many many people who have strong ideas of who WW is and they're all different. I think it's kind of a result of only having one super prominent female superhero.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Image solicits for April

THE AUTUMNLANDS #12
BLACK ROAD #1
CHEW: DEMON CHICKEN POYO #1
CRY HAVOC #4
DEADLY CLASS #21
EAST OF WEST #25
INJECTION #9
MONSTRESS #5
RAT QUEENS #16
REVIVAL #39
SAGA #36
SHUTTER #20
SWITCH #6
TOKYO GHOST #6
THE WALKING DEAD #153
THE WICKED + THE DIVINE #18

Boogiepop

So, I finished Busiek/Perez Avengers. A nice run all around, can see why it's a classic. It didn't necessarily blow me away, but it had some great moments and really does feel like a bridge between the classic and the modern to me. Also, it had the bonus surprise of Avenger 1 1/2 at the end, a neat little story trying to ape classic era style... complete with Bruce Timm on the art! Didn't even know that existed, but it made for a neat little inclusion.

Oh, random question: I see the Busiek Thunderbolts run just started being rereleased. What are people's thoughts on that? What little popped up in the Avengers omnibus left feeling kind of "eh, I can take it or leave it", but I'm curious as to whether or not anyone has any strong opinions on it.

Also, I admittedly first learned of it via a list from Cracked or Topless Robot or something, but man, that stuff with Carol and Marcus really does have to be one of the most goddamn messed up things to appear in a Marvel comic, ugh.

VanWinkle

Finished Batman and Son and The Black Glove. Excellent. I can already tell Batman RIP and Batman Inc will make a lot more sense by the time I read them. I still actually need to get the Batman and Robin volumes at some point soon, but I do have the next two books (RIP and Final Crisis). I have Batman Inc. digitally but I will want to buy the physical version, as well as the two New 52 volumes to finish it out.

shingi70

Banned
Man I forgot my list

Batgirl #47
Batman #48
Doctor Fate #8
Superman/Wonder Woman #25
Wonder Woman #48
Nowhere Men #7
Uncanny Inhumans #4

I got the wife going with me to C2E2 this year... im surprised and a little proud.
She's only going because some SOA guys are going to be there.

Also.. anyone want to buy a "new" 3DS XL w/games and cases?

Top Bottom