• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

JSA was so great. Have you come across the Johnny Sorrow arc yet? I don't remember where that falls in the first omnibus, I think he first shows up in issue 9 or 10?

Damn, how much more snow are we supposed to get?

Steve Horstmeyer said they are now forecasting 9-11 inches from Florence southward. Less the more north you go.

tim1138

He showed up in the issue where Wildcat solo'd his new Injustice Society and then left. He basically showed up to steal something and bailed. Beyond that, no. I'm still reading Extant. This book is a slow burn. Not because it's hard to read, but because it's an omnibus.

Right on. I have all three of the JSA omnibi, but it's been awhile since I read that stuff and after awhile the stories kind of run together in my mind. Poor KoruptData had to deal with me hassling him about an arc in Alan Moore's Swamp Thing run that I thought happened earlyish on but apparently was in the 4th or 5th trade.

Steve Horstmeyer said they are now forecasting 9-11 inches from Florence southward. Less the more north you go.

Good lord, my bus ride home from work tomorrow will be fun.

Right on. I have all three of the JSA omnibi, but it's been awhile since I read that stuff and after awhile the stories kind of run together in my mind. Poor KoruptData had to deal with me hassling him about an arc in Alan Moore's Swamp Thing run that I thought happened earlyish on but apparently was in the 4th or 5th trade.

Good lord, my bus ride home from work tomorrow will be fun.

Supposed to start tomorrow night and to continue until Saturday morning. I have the funeral on Saturday. I wonder if those get delayed with those type of conditions?

tim1138

I am really interested in a modern Legion of Superheroes Mini, something you would recommend?

I recommended a bunch of Legion stuff last night to someone, it should be a few pages back.

Supposed to start tomorrow night and to continue until Saturday morning. I have the funeral on Saturday. I wonder if those get delayed with those type of conditions?

Oh yeah, I have no idea how that would work

I read this thread daily still. Last 6 months have just been crazy. Yes, Freeza, Hot Toys are my new jam. But also, real life has thrown me a curve ball. Grandparents dying, major family drama that has caused my 60 yo dad to live with me and my wife, bought a bass guitar and I'm teaching myself that. I have also become good friends with my neighbor so we hang out a bunch. Comics have been moved to reading one or two issues before bed. I'm only pulling 20-25 titles now and by the time I'm reading them, the discussion is mostly over.

mreddie

CZRKvJDWQAQ7-VW.jpg

So wait, they explained what Volthoom actually was, at some point? Goddamnit, Johns. Just because you half-assed a finale to a run in order to tie it in to another book doesn't mean I should suffer you!

Volthoom was an astronaut from Earth 3 Amerika (or however Earth 3 do things), and when he got Nekron'd his ring returned to Earth 3 with Volthoom like the genie in the bottle and got Earth 3's Hal Jordan. My beef with the end of his run is more to do with Rise being a McGuffin rather than anything substantial, esp when Volthoom basically one panels them. Or maybe I'm thinking of the Black Lanterns.

Edit: Man I need to continue my JSA now but...Lucifer is going so incredibly well...

How is JSA after Johns' run? Does it still hold up? Because that's the primary reason I got it, but since I've liked everything I've read so far, I might be willing to buy more.
Volthoom was an astronaut from Earth 3 Amerika (or however Earth 3 do things), and when he got Nekron'd his ring returned to Earth 3 with Volthoom like the genie in the bottle and got Earth 3's Hal Jordan. My beef with the end of his run is more to do with Rise being a McGuffin rather than anything substantial, esp when Volthoom basically one panels them. Or maybe I'm thinking of the Black Lanterns.
But...wait, where'd the ring come from? Wasn't it the original ring of creation, or something dumb? Because Krona saw creation, and there was a power ring, and then Volthoom was like "What up bitches?" and then everything else followed and it was dumb. Atrocitus put in work, though:
Bless his heart he tried

tim1138

How is JSA after Johns' run? Does it still hold up? Because that's the primary reason I got it, but since I've liked everything I've read so far, I might be willing to buy more.

But...wait, where'd the ring come from? Wasn't it the original ring of creation, or something dumb? Because Krona saw creation, and there was a power ring, and then Volthoom was like "What up bitches?" and then everything else followed and it was dumb. Atrocitus put in work, though:

Bless his heart he tried

I lost interest in JSA when Johns left, I can't remember who followed him immediately, but I know James Robinson wrote a couple issues and Marc Guggenhiem wrote it until it ended in 2011 and it wasn't great.

Krona seeing the hand with the ring was probably him seeing the events of GL 20 when Volthoom starts to reshape the universe before Sinestro and Nekron wreck him.

I lost interest in JSA when Johns left, I can't remember who followed him immediately, but I know James Robinson wrote a couple issues and Marc Guggenhiem wrote it until it ended in 2011 and it wasn't great.

Krona seeing the hand with the ring was probably him seeing the events of GL 20 when Volthoom starts to reshape the universe before Sinestro and Nekron wreck him.

Robinson's a solid writer. He's done good work for me (Earth 2 bae).

And if that's some time travel bullshit...don't you dare...

I read this thread daily still. Last 6 months have just been crazy. Yes, Freeza, Hot Toys are my new jam. But also, real life has thrown me a curve ball. Grandparents dying, major family drama that has caused my 60 yo dad to live with me and my wife, bought a bass guitar and I'm teaching myself that. I have also become good friends with my neighbor so we hang out a bunch. Comics have been moved to reading one or two issues before bed. I'm only pulling 20-25 titles now and by the time I'm reading them, the discussion is mostly over.

Don't let that stop you, most of the books I read the discussion never STARTS.

Messi

I'm just teasing. And I will keep teasing. The same way I tease Messi about pre-ordering the Suicide Squad Harley Quinn statue without seeing any pictures, or Kipp about his Monsterarts obsession. I have dirt on all of you.

I may have made a huge mistake on that statue. Who even knows.

Sorry to hear about that man, I hope things improve for you and the family. I miss your regular impressions and posts.

Does anyone know why the bomber jacket Harley Bombshell statue is so expensive? It looks so much better than the holiday one, IMO, but its like a bajillion dollars...

tim1138

Wait really? I thought Johns' run was only in the first omnibus?

Oh no, Johns wrote JSA forever. The second omnibus is all Johns, and the third is about 99% Johns with some fill in issues here and there (including a short arc with Gentleman Ghost that had a super skeezy plot point involving Stargirl, I think Levitz wrote it).

(Ignore the Wonder Woman omni)

Atomic Robo guys put Real Science Adventures up for free on the website yaaaa

(Real Science Adventure is like side stories in Robo's world following the adventures of other prominent characters, generally Tesla. It's some Good Shit.)

Top Bottom