• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

Owzers

Just saw the end of Raw, this may be for adults but it's awful.

I had dvred it in favor of watching cavs get destroyed by the warriors and playing xenoblade x by the third quarter. That clippers/rockets game was great though.

I lost interest in JSA when Johns left, I can't remember who followed him immediately, but I know James Robinson wrote a couple issues and Marc Guggenhiem wrote it until it ended in 2011 and it wasn't great.

Krona seeing the hand with the ring was probably him seeing the events of GL 20 when Volthoom starts to reshape the universe before Sinestro and Nekron wreck him.
It was the fables writer and it ranged from boring to bad. A oid

mreddie

You guys talking shit about Steven? For that, SUFFER TO SLOPPY SILK!

TEbSg7c.png

Scud: The Disposable Assassin #1 - #3 : This is all kinds of amazing. Issue #1 sets up the brilliant premise and tells us everything we need to know about Scud's motivations. Loving the artwork also. Great use of blacks everywhere and Scud's extravagant poses make him feel so dynamic.

SCUD should have been a book club choice, what a great comic.

Looks cool! Another book for me to check out down the line.

Messi

Captain Marvel #1 was good to great. First time I haven't really disliked Ankas art. He really did a good job. Story was interesting with nice action. Left me wanting more. Can't wait for #2.
Abigail Brand!

Are secret identities not a thing in DC any more.
It seems like everyone knows who everyone is.

They are, yeah. Supes got exposed (and hopefully stays that way, I'd be super disappointed if they OMD that), Bats got figured out by Duke (but that's happened before), Grayson got outed (and then turned into a super spy), and... that's about it, afaik.

Taking them less seriously in general would be a good call, tho.

By the way:

CZSbWPQWcAAxsPU.jpg

Owzers

That Harley is awesome. Fix the collar though please.

What does the collar say? I see jod. Im never going to be able to touch up the paint on that, very complex and great job besides the collar.google detectived it, it's puddin.

I don't really go on wrassle gaf much, I post here almost exclusively which is why I swerve to other topics sometimes TRUMP.

What the fuck happened in the Wrasslin thread?

thirst over a white woman, would you believe?

Scud: The Disposable Assassin #1 - #3 : This is all kinds of amazing. Issue #1 sets up the brilliant premise and tells us everything we need to know about Scud's motivations. Loving the artwork also. Great use of blacks everywhere and Scud's extravagant poses make him feel so dynamic.

whoa hey I missed this post

what a great series of COMICS! you are discovering

Owzers

Legends of tomororw was pretty dope. Hoping Jax gets alot more to do later in the season.

did you end up needing to have watched other DC shows to enjoy it?

edit: I made it through around 4 episodes of Heroes' latest season before writing it off.

shingi70

Banned
did you end up needing to have watched other DC shows to enjoy it?

edit: I made it through around 4 episodes of Heroes' latest season before writing it off.

Nope, the first 10 minutes is pretty much used as primer to get new viewer up to speed on where everyone is. Criminals, Newly reincarted assissan, two guys still getting used to working together, etc.

Messi

Oh man next issue of Uncanny Avengers has
Gambit
in it.
He and Rogue are getting close on the cover
This is the darkest timeline. Books getting better BTW, Stegmans art isn't all that wobbly crap anymore as of #4.

Gambit
in it.
This is the darkest timeline. Books getting better BTW, Stegmans art isn't all that wobbly crap anymore as of #4.

I made the right choice not reading this series. Thanks for the heads up.

Gambit
in it.

Nice, sounds like I gotta pick up this series now

Top Bottom