• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

I hope it looks nice. I'd definitely get it if so. Otherwise it's all about the Bombshell with handlebar moustache Superman.

The Power Girl one? I love the idea of a PG Bombshell, but I'm not a fan of these $200 "Hey, you're buying two statues and you have no choice in the matter!" pieces. I would definitely buy a standalone one.

Had a bunch of free days this week. Read Slott's Silver Surfer run. Wow. I LOVED this, so fun and goofy. Thank god they finally kissed.

Started reading Brubaker's Captain America from #1 too. Up to about #40 now, also really enjoying this, been meaning to check it out for ages. Enjoyed how they handled the crossovers with events in this. Such a long overarching story in this, great writing.

Owzers

DCC12059.jpg

found this on the statueforum along with images of a couple of the other suicide ones, unpainted prototype from bigbadtoystore.com

Not sure how i feel about it yet, they should leave it without paint.

Had a bunch of free days this week. Read Slott's Silver Surfer run. Wow. I LOVED this, so fun and goofy. Thank god they finally kissed.

Yup. Great book. The new #1 came out this week also (same creative team). It's only one issue, but it feels a bit different from their last run. It still had some fun momemts. I'll be sticking with it for at least a few more isues.

found this on the statueforum along with images of a couple of the other suicide ones, unpainted prototype from bigbadtoystore.com

Not sure how i feel about it yet, they should leave it without paint.

Whoa, good job. I didn't even think to check over there. I would be very okay with that look for the statue.

So I just finished reading Batman and Robin: Volume Six.
I enjoyed it much more than the Two Face arc that preceded it. But the one thing that jumped out at me was the scene near the end where Bruce calls everyone to the cave.
And sure enough they are still angry at him (which I never quite bought but I'll ignore that for now) so Bruce goes, "No more secrets. Unconditional truth all the time." And everyone is like, "Well ok, but no lying to us ever again.Or half truths or whatever."
So Babs, Tim, and Jason leave and mother flipping Grayson pops down from the ceiling and asks Bruce if he can help.
He pops down from the ceiling because he doesn't want the others to know he is there. Because they all think he is dead. Because Bruce and him faked his death.
It was just jarring for me. I can understand Bruce straight up lying and saying he will be honest but Dick didn't call him out on it.

I am behind on Grayson. I've only finished the first arc. So maybe it's brought up there but it just felt so odd.

Other than that it was pretty good. And then suddenly Boom tubes.

shingi70

Banned
Messi what's your thoughts on steven universe?

Man whats with shrinking dudes and shitty personal lives, Ray Palmer can't seem to catch a break.

Scud: The Disposable Assassin #1 - #3 : This is all kinds of amazing. Issue #1 sets up the brilliant premise and tells us everything we need to know about Scud's motivations. Loving the artwork also. Great use of blacks everywhere and Scud's extravagant poses make him feel so dynamic.

kmfdmpig

Has anyone in here read Marshal Law? I'm reading it now for the first time and am surprised how much it laid the groundwork for The Boys. It's good and is surprising it was published in the 80s.

Messi!!!! Suicide Squad Katana statue announced!!!

He's been up on EE forever. Had him on lock since I saw they put him up. Time to add him to my shrine. Now I just need some hair.

Edit: Freeza, Chun Li finally shipped!

I didn't know, man. No one told me Negan PO's opened. Why you gotta do me like that, bruh?

Which Chun? The Hobby Japan one?

Is Katana the woman from Nocentis second best DC book?

Wow. I had no idea Ann Nocenti wrote that. I almost bought it a few times from IST, too. Is it decent or dog shit? As for the statue, I'm glad she's getting one. I want a Katana statue but wasn't crazy about the DC Cover Girls one.

Messi

Wow. I had no idea Ann Nocenti wrote that. I almost bought it a few times from IST, too. Is it decent or dog shit? As for the statue, I'm glad she's getting one. I want a Katana statue but wasn't crazy about the DC Cover Girls one.

DOGSHIT

I'm not going crazy on the SS statues. Gonna get the squad in hot toys.

High fives maybe.
We'll get there
We'll get there
Oh no, Johns wrote JSA forever. The second omnibus is all Johns, and the third is about 99% Johns with some fill in issues here and there (including a short arc with Gentleman Ghost that had a super skeezy plot point involving Stargirl, I think Levitz wrote it).

(Ignore the Wonder Woman omni)
Well shit. Guess I have a lot to look forward to
I like the art but I feel this is the 3-4th time Widow has SHIELD on her ass.
I don't see a shield on her ass...

Top Bottom