• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

PsychBat!

Banned
C3serAy.png

I hope they announce a DC Unlimited.

I know Jim Lee said before the New 52 he really wanted something like that. He was the main force behind them having day 1 digital comics + in HD as well. I can imagine if this turns out to be "Rebirth...of DC Comics with DC Unlimited" Rich/BC will still say "Told ya so!"

Owzers

It only...

JOSH SMITH SIGNED WITH THE ROX, THE HUMAN HILIGHT REEL IS BACK!

and the cavs fired their coach, what is going on, is it the snow? Is it my snow wrecking things? Smith is going to beat the Clippers again in the playoffs and i don't want Doc Rivers' excuses for letting him go.

tim1138

Weren't the rumors that Remender was taking over Batman?

Just as long as Steve Orlando gets to keep writing Midnighter and co, DC going the Marvel route with a bunch of new #1's is whatever.

ElNarez

Banned
I'm gonna call it: based on historical precedent, there's gonna be a reintroduction of a character, possibly helmed by a Johns / Van Sciver joint.

Fabok hinted on twitter that he only has two issues of JL left. Justice League Rebirth?

Possibly. I asked him a while ago and he said he would be on a min-break after Darkseid War anyway...but he took a break for Manapaul to take over because the remaining issues of JL are...double sized, i think? Or at least 32+.

GL line could use a solid reshaping.

As long as it's not, like, an actual reboot, I'll be happy. Stick with the current meta status quo (Multiverse, everything's real, main line books are Flashpoint continuity except when they're not) and I'll be happy. Ditching everything from the last few years would be a TERRIBLE move.

Messi

Gotta give it to the person running the poison Ivy league twitter. They are dedicated as fuck. They post on every thing I go to comment on. Especially Gail Simone stuff.

Is it odd that what I consider to be the most absurd thing in comics is all the Batman's stories happen in just 5 years canon (or at least that's what someone told me once). The guy couldn't have had a day to himself to fit in all those comics.

VanWinkle

GL line could use a solid reshaping.

As long as it's not, like, an actual reboot, I'll be happy. Stick with the current meta status quo (Multiverse, everything's real, main line books are Flashpoint continuity except when they're not) and I'll be happy. Ditching everything from the last few years would be a TERRIBLE move.

Agreed.

tim1138

Possibly. I asked him a while ago and he said he would be on a min-break after Darkseid War anyway...but he took a break for Manapaul to take over because the remaining issues of JL are...double sized, i think? Or at least 32+.

Hitch has also said there's a JLA/JL crossover planned for later this year

jackdoe

Is it odd that what I consider to be the most absurd thing in comics is all the Batman's stories happen in just 5 years canon (or at least that's what someone told me once). The guy couldn't have had a day to himself to fit in all those comics.
Reading Scott Snyder's run, I kept with my internal logic of Batman being Batman for 10 years in spite of what the new 52 wanted me to think. It wasn't until Zero Year started placing a fixed 6 years ago marker that I realized that his key events in his life are laughably condensed.

No timeline is ever going to work. Pre New 52 Bruce would have had to be in like his 50s+

Reading Scott Snyder's run, I kept with my internal logic of Batman being Batman for 10 years in spite of what the new 52 wanted me to think. It wasn't until Zero Year started placing a fixed 6 years ago marker that I realized that his key events in his life are laughably condensed.

Yeah, a decade I'd understand.

Top Bottom