• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

TheFlow

Banned
Frank Cho 'pushes the envelope' like Saga is 'shocking'

Basically, I'd expect a 12 year old to create what he creates and think its funny not some grown ass dude.

The worst part about Cho is that he could be a legit good erotica artist but instead he makes 'sexy' drawings that are vapid, insipid and boring no matter how fundamentally sound and skilled of an artist he is.

How about we talk about Michael Cho instead? Here's an amazing piece. Very Darwyn Cooke-esque
Don't bring the greatness that is Saga into this topic ty

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I like my smut but hes totally being a dick with those covers, so fuck him I guess

shingi70

Banned
Dude drew a whole commission belitting superman cause he doesn't like the character.

http://comicsalliance.com/frank-cho-hates-superman/

Frank-Cho-batman-superman-1.jpg

Frank-Cho-batman-superman-2.jpg

Falchion

Been reading a ton lately and now I'm finally caught up on Gotham Academy and it's great just like everybody said, especially the art. My new project has been Fables which I'm about 25 issues into right now and man is it good. Also picked up the first issue of Poison Ivy Cycle of Life and Death this week and I really enjoyed it. I thought the picture of the 3 girls that Ivy had on her mirror was pretty funny.

CwKwhnA.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jesus Christ you guys are touchy.

Is he not being a dick? Dude is running the joke into the ground. Its like, ill make my slutty looking Blade and Soul lady, but im not gonna plaster pics of it on gaf and say "you like that SJWs look at dat ass are you outraged?"

You would totally be outraged with my blade and soul ladies btw :3

ElNarez

Banned
Jesus Christ you guys are touchy.

It's okay if you wanna jerk it so right to comic books, but a) don't do it in full view of everyone and b) don't act like jerking it is standing up for anything

like, people telling you "we get it, you like boobs" is not what's destroying the comics industry

that's what the de facto monopoly of Diamond and its ability to impose on everyone an outdated business model that does not encourage new readers to engage with comics on a regular basis due to the way pre-orders work and favor already established titles is for

Star Wars was so good. The art was flippin amazing. Jaw dropping. The Obiwan story is so fun. I really want an Obiwan book in this setting but something tells me they can't because they have plans for the character in futures movies.

Harley's neck is a little giraffey, but maybe she's stretching.
She always was flexible
I'm gonna call it: based on historical precedent, there's gonna be a reintroduction of a character, possibly helmed by a Johns / Van Sciver joint.

I'd prefer Johns finally do that Shazam solo book with Gary Frank than relaunch Plastic Man or whatever.

GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYS

https://twitter.com/geoffjohns/status/690661242478825472

Saint Walker Rebirth confirmed.
First of all: I'd read the shit out of a Saint Walker/Blue Lanterns book. Going around being space priests. Second of all: It's Hourman.
Yeah it's true. 5 Robins in 5 years too.

(and 3 Robin deaths in 5 years!)
Stephanie Brown isn't a Robin in the New 52. And who were the second and third deaths?
I'm a Cho apologist and I really like his cheesecake art, butt holy crap bro let it go. Just let it fucking go.

giphy.gif

Stephanie Brown isn't a Robin in the New 52. And who were the second and third deaths

Just Jason and Damian at this point I believe.

Star Wars was so good. The art was flippin amazing. Jaw dropping. The Obiwan story is so fun. I really want an Obiwan book in this setting but something tells me they can't because they have plans for the character in futures movies.

Hello again sir.

pa22word

So how's the new Dark Night series from Miller and co? I didn't expect much from it other than laughs, but I was browsing comixology the other day and saw it had rave reviews. Kinda shocking, to say the least.

Corpsepyre

Banned
So, I just placed an order for The Invisibles Deluxe Editions Books 1-4, and Scalped Deluxe Editions Books 1-3

Thoughts on said titles, please?

Oh, and how does one like Swamp Thing by Scott Snyder? Got the Deluxe Edition some days back. Can't wait to dig in.

shingi70

Banned
They didn't say they would be coming back tho...right? They said the new team would be writing the next few issues. What if those next few issues catches them up to the renumbering and Grayson ends up being batman in a #1 by the grayson team?

wait...

Heh Dickmen

Splatt

90's and early-to-mid 2000's DC was on fire.

I'm reading Johns's JSA and it's such a fun read. Shame DC did away with all of their history with the new 52.

Owzers

Hearthstone can be such an unfun grueling game sometimes depending on card draw/match-ups. Ughhhhhhhh i'm giving up rank 5 dreams this season in favor of comics. I'd rather read DC books even at this point.

Hearthstone can be such an unfun grueling game sometimes depending on card draw/match-ups. Ughhhhhhhh i'm giving up rank 5 dreams this season in favor of comics. I'd rather read DC books even at this point.

I've spent most of today learning Duelyst. A lot of HS streamers are playing it on the side. Game is pretty fun honestly, like FF Tactics mixed with a card game.

Might stream an Arena after dinner though.

Owzers

Nameless #3 and 4: Issue 2 gave me hope, i liked some of the horror-ish moments, but now it's feeling like Morrison's weirdo take on Crossed at times. Not for me, but luckily i bought all the issues already so finishing up tonight!

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Not loving Lazarus so far through the first 4 issue arc. It's certainly not a bad book but it might not be for me. I'm just not a huge fan of books that are 100% serious 100% of the time. I need at least a little bit of comic relief here and there.

The book also seems to have a distinct lack of likable characters. It's basically just Forever and a bunch of hateful scumbags. It's like what A Game of Thrones would have been like if it had been about the Lannister's instead of the Starks and Tyrion were far less witty and hilarious.

The art is adequate. It doesn't get in the way of the story but I never find myself really appreciating anything I see.

Top Bottom