• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Oh man, this article. As if everything will take 180 degree turn.
At some points, there will be most likely no floppies, but the rest? Nah.
And beside DC, is really everyone moving to the westcoast?

Messi

If you think about it. Comic sales are pretty terrible when you consider the size of the US and the popularity of the movies.

It's pretty rare outside of indies to see an artist like Capullo dedicate 5 years to drawing one book.
It's pretty beautiful, I wish it was closer to the norm. I hate this short attention span style of storytelling, and comics seems to dive right into it. It doesn't help that when comics went digital, they wholeheartedly accepted the swipe right/left culture. I hate what's become of comics.

Messi

It's pretty beautiful, I wish it was closer to the norm. I hate this short attention span style of storytelling, and comics seems to dive right into it. It doesn't help that when comics went digital, they wholeheartedly accepted the swipe right/left culture. I hate what's become of comics.

What is the swipe right and left culture??

Messi

Nothing bums me out more than a book I like having a fill in artist.

Would you guys rather a book get delayed and keep the regular artist or have fill ins like on Silk?

$20 is easily the best choice. Plus this bundle also has the lesbian ronance bdsm smut book Sunstone in it.

Great bundle

Yeah that's what I went for and holy hell that's a lot of comics for $20. There's even a few I've been interested in but didn't even notice were in the bundle (No Where Men, Stray Bullets) plus Saga vol 4 & 5 (I have no excuses now).

Would you guys rather a book get delayed and keep the regular artist or have fill ins like on Silk?
I don't mind fill-in artists but I'd prefer if they were drawing a one-shot issue instead of major story arc. It's the worst thing ever when the fill-in artist draws the last issue of an important story arc.

mreddie

Good news, Veronica Fish is the Silk artist for the next 2 issues. Bad news, Ford is back a issue later I think.

Messi

I don't mind fill-in artists but I'd prefer if they were drawing a one-shot issue instead of major story arc. It's the worst thing ever when the fill-in artist draws the last issue of an important story arc.

Good news, Veronica Fish is the Silk artist for the next 2 issues. Bad news, Ford is back a issue later I think.

That is good news. But Stacey Lee not drawing the crossover with the other girls books stings me.

mreddie

That is good news. But Stacey Lee not drawing the crossover with the other girls books stings me.

Yeah, hopefully Lee or FIsh come back for the 2nd issue but Ford...I can't dig it.

TEbSg7c.png

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

A delayed [comic] is eventually good, but a rushed [comic] is forever bad.

Owzers

Comic delays are pretty bad, too few pages and movement issue to issue to make up for delays, the comic better be great to make up for it.

You don't reread arcs when they are over?

I like to reread arcs that feel complete with no cliffhangers or an ending with open interpretations but if it's an arc that ends in a cliffhanger and the creator hasn't put out an issue for almost a year than it honestly kills my interest.

Messi

I was just talking with Grandharrier about this and I realized that I don't know what age some DC characters are meant to be. I am curious what you folks think. What age are:

Maps Mizoguchi
Olive Silverlock
Pomeline Fitch
Damian Wayne

Like, would it be ok to ship Maps and Damian?

I was just talking with Grandharrier about this and I realized that I don't know what age some DC characters are meant to be. I am curious what you folks think. What age are:

Maps Mizoguchi
Olive Silverlock
Pomeline Fitch
Damian Wayne

I would imagine that Maps and Olive are around 15-16. Pomeline is probably a year or so older.

Maps Mizoguchi
Olive Silverlock
Pomeline Fitch
Damian Wayne

Maps and Damian were in the same year during his Gotham Academy issue, wasn't he? So they're probably the same age. Ditto Pom and Olive.

As for how old they actually ARE... idk. I'd peg Olive as around 16-17 maybe? Gotham Academy seems to be built more on the English model, where you're there from middle school (or earlier) age through Highschool, so Maps could be comfortably around 14 or so.

Messi

I would imagine that Maps and Olive are around 15-16. Pomeline is probably a year or so older.

Maps and Damian were in the same year during his Gotham Academy issue, wasn't he? So they're probably the same age. Ditto Pom and Olive.

As for how old they actually ARE... idk. I'd peg Olive as around 16-17 maybe? Gotham Academy seems to be built more on the English model, where you're there from middle school (or earlier) age through Highschool, so Maps could be comfortably around 14 or so.

OFFICIAL AGES!

Pomeline and Olive are 15
Maps is 14

I'm calling bullshit. Maps has to be at least 2 years younger.

I can't find and age for new 52 Damian only that he was 10 when he died.

OFFICIAL AGES!

Pomeline and Olive are 15
Maps is 14

I'm calling bullshit. Maps has to be at least 2 years younger.

I can't find and age for new 52 Damian only that he was 10 when he died.

Keep in mind, we are in Glorious Post Convergence Future now. Damian could have been 10 when he died... in Batman Incorporated. But when he cropped up in Gotham Academy he might have been much older.

Zombine

Banned

Maps Mizoguchi
Olive Silverlock
Pomeline Fitch
Damian Wayne

They are all 18.

ElNarez

Banned
Whatever they do next I hope it's horror-adjacent because holy fuck, that last issue of Batman was aces when it came to tension. Like, that final page was a goddamn bomb, and it didn't even have anything to do with the crazy body horror of earlier in the book. IT WAS SO GOOD YOU GUYS.

Top Bottom