• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

Havent read anything in weeks, going through another slump, and thinking why im wasting the 10 bucks or whatever it is when im not using it. Its not like you cant easily resub.

Im so lazy

I do that with Netflix. I barely ever use it unless there's a new Marvel show or something. Most of their catalog is shit I already watched on network television.

Roster and status changes mid-book with not explanations? Fantastic. Exactly what I wanted in a book with a strong developed cast and chemistry.

Lawd in heaven...

Hellers

I was just talking with Grandharrier about this and I realized that I don't know what age some DC characters are meant to be. I am curious what you folks think. What age are:

Maps Mizoguchi
Olive Silverlock
Pomeline Fitch
Damian Wayne

Like, would it be ok to ship Maps and Damian?

I'm pretty sure that at some point Maps herself has shipped Maps and Damien so it's cool.

Catching up on Gotham Academy...don't know why I ever stopped :)

Also although I don't feel like Snyder will be getting JL....the idea of Capullo + FCO doing that book makes me drool just a little.

Just finished the Confession trade in my Astro City re-read. Such a great arc but it is topped off by one of the most touching issues of comics you will ever read, The Nearness of You.
No one chooses to forget...
. To think Busiek&Co did justice to a "secret invasion" type event in a 6-issue story followed by a "crisis" type of event in a 16 page story.

Just finished the Confession trade in my Astro City re-read. Such a great arc but it is topped off by one of the most touching issues of comics you will ever read, The Nearness of You.
No one chooses to forget...
. To think Busiek&Co did justice to a "secret invasion" type event in a 6-arc story followed by a "crisis" type of event in a 16 page story.
My favorite arc in an amazing series

Started Silver Age Doom Patrol last night.

Fun stuff so far. Haven't read a 60s superhero comic in forever so it's nice to return to them. Already familiar with the Chief and Cliff thanks to Morrison so I'm excited to see more of Larry and Rita.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
LIST!

CryHavoc01_CvrB.jpg

BEAUTY #6
BLACK MAGICK #4
CHEW #54
CRY HAVOC #1
DEADLY CLASS #18
EAST OF WEST #24
MONSTRESS #3
REVIVAL #36
SAGA #33
SOUTHERN BASTARDS #13

Huge week by my standards.

VanWinkle

Just finished Space Dumplins. I liked it quite a bit, more for the incredible art than the story, which I found to be a little too on the nose with it's political/environmental messages. It was good, though.

5 issues per week for 4 weeks, with the last two issues read on the final Saturday of the last week.

Starting at the first of the month, I assume?

Owzers

Silver Surfer as a book just seems so stiff and i don't think a few Dawnisms in between or occasional space hijinx makes it better. Reading Last Days of Silver Surfer now on MU, a service that is great and people love.

Prediction: Wyatt family eliminate Brock, then Roman Reigns Superman punches all four of them at once to retain the championship tonight. It's going to be great!

Cleaning out my grandmothers basement who recently passed and found this hidden away. Really dusty and missing the lightsaber but a cool little find for me. Has to be 35 years old.

3fwQCzs.jpg

Been a bit behind on the Star Wars comics so I thought I'd post my thoughts after catching up.

Chewbacca #5 was a solid end to the series. It's by no means my favourite but Zarro was a really great character. Her interactions with Chewie throughout the series were the main pull and I loved how
he gave her his medal at the end.

Star Wars #14 & Darth Vader #15 were a bit hectic but I've enjoyed Vader Down overall. Karbin vs Vader is a great What If? for if Vader and Grievous ever faced each other. Vader hearing quotes from Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Padme in the old Jedi Temple on Vrogas Vas was actually quite haunting too. I was hoping we'd learn a bit more about the temple but it was a fun event, which is more than you can say for a lot of them. Looking forward to each book having its own story again now though.

Cleaning out my grandmothers basement who recently passed and found this hidden away. Really dusty and missing the lightsaber but a cool little find for me. Has to be 35 years old.

The old figures still look great.

I kinda want to necro/bump that thread sa ying I've just finished Vol 1. which is sorta true...

Edit: Get the feeling even if I post something innocent I'll somehow get banned.

Nice find, Korupt.

LIST

Twilight Children #4 of 4
Atomic Robo & The Ring of Fire #5 of 5
Cry Havoc #1 (CVR B)
Island #6
Outcast #15
Southern Bastards #13
Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #3
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #4
Mean Girls Club one shot
Spire #6 of 8
Old Man Logan #1

Heavy week, holy hell. Almost all the minis I'm reading are dropping plus a one shot I can't say no to (Mean Girls Club). Wasn't sure about getting Old Man Logan, but the preview looks good. And I know people here loved the combo of Lemire and Sorrentino on Green Arrow. But if it doesn't blow me away, it gets dropped. High standards for this sailor.

My list:
Spire #6
Hellboy Winter Special 2016 #1 (One Shot)
Black Canary #7
Cry Havoc #1
Deadly Class #18
Island #6

LIST!

Black Magick #4
Deadly Class #18
East of West #24
Monstress #3
Saga #33
All-New Inhumans #3

Gotta watch the Originals.

There aren't many of them that appeal to me. Sens8 was garbage from what I can tell. I do watch Orange is the New Black, but none of the other stuff is really that intriguing. I have no desire to dig through however many seasons there are of House of Cards.

Another rousing success for the comic book club

giphy.gif

Messi

Messi List

Batman and Robin #17
Black Canary #7
Grayson #16
Omega Men #8
Suicide Suqad Most Wanted: Deadshot and Katana #1

Jem and the Holograms #11

Beauty #6
Black Magik #4
Chew #54
Cry Havoc 31
Deadly Class #18
Monstress #3
Saga #33
Southern Bastards #13

All New All Different Avengers 34
All New Inhumans #3
Angela Queen of Hel #4
Daredevil #3
Extraordinary X-Men #6
Howling Commandos #4
Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #3
Old Man Logan #1
Spider-Woman #3
Venom Space Knight #3

Faith #1

Not a bad week. But I just noticed that the week after this is coming out. Very hyped for OHC Bachalo.

There aren't many of them that appeal to me. Sens8 was garbage from what I can tell. I do watch Orange is the New Black, but none of the other stuff is really that intriguing. I have no desire to dig through however many seasons there are of House of Cards.

giphy.gif

Sens8 is garbage but you watch OITNB? I see. I don't know if I've ever seen anything as garbage as OITNB season 3. Didn't even finish it. Stopped at the
rape
. Turd topping on a shitcake.

Messi

Sens8 is garbage but you watch OITNB? I see. I don't know if I've ever seen anything as garbage as OITNB season 3. Didn't even finish it. Stopped at the
rape
. Turd topping on a shitcake.

I really like orange is the new black so I very much disagree with you.

Damn it. That's not the entire run, correct? If that collects the Eva Bell Annual stories, I will murder someone.

Nah its the first of i'd say 3 OHCs like the All New ones they have been doing.

(W) Brian Michael Bendis (A) Chris Bachalo & Various (CA) Chris Bachalo
The flagship X-Men series returns! In the wake of the Phoenix event and Professor X's death, what are Cyclops and his outlaw X-Men: visionary revolutionaries or dangerous terrorists? Whatever the truth, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Magneto and Magik are gathering new mutants and redefining the name "Uncanny X-Men." But they face harsh challenges: Robotic Sentinels hunt mutants once again, there's a mole on Cyclops' squad, and a villain is secretly posing as their former ally! As a new team of students forms, a weakened Magneto must prove he's still the Master of Magnetism, and Magik faces the evil Dormammu! School is in session - but as the new recruits learn what it means to be an X-Man, they wonder what exactly they're being trained for. Plus: Kitty Pryde! INHUMANITY! And more! Collecting UNCANNY X-MEN (2013) #1-11, #14, #15.INH and #16-18.

I'll bet that eventually when they get to the OHC that deals with that story they will put it in.

Although #17 is where she goes missing and that is in this book but the annuals were like 10-15 issues later.

Top Bottom