• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

My List:

Grayson #16
Black Magick #4
Monstress #3
Twilight Children #4

Really looking forward to Monstress -- it's one that I can't wait to read every month.

Sens8 is garbage but you watch OITNB? I see. I don't know if I've ever seen anything as garbage as OITNB season 3. Didn't even finish it. Stopped at the
rape
. Turd topping on a shitcake.

Opinion:
OITNB is great for the first season, then takes a moderate dip for season 2. Season 3 is like a parody of itself. Not really interested in what's next but will probably watch since my wife still likes it.

I really dig McNivens art. Wasn't the biggest fan of Joe Mad on art for Inhumans. Plus he can't keep a schedule to save his life.

I can't dig it. It's whenever he does close-ups. Throws me off. Plus, his action sequences seem...stiff? Underwhelming? Let's say that.

Joe Mad barely did anything on Inhuman. It was almost all Stegman.

LIST

Dreaming Eagles #2
Grayson #16
Omega Men #8
Saga #33
Southern Bastards #13
Deadly Class #18
Cry Havoc #1
All-New All-Different Avengers #4
Old Man Logan #1
Bloodshot Reborn #10
Faith #1

Plas is probably the series from that era that holds up the best, if only for Cole's art. Are you planning to pick up the DC Archives?

Yeah. I really liked the tone the new series had and was hoping that the older series had a similar kind of irreverence going for it. Unfortunately my library does not have the first volume for me to try out.

Silver Age Doom Patrol is rad. It's so easy to forget how much they would pack into individual issues back then. You get a full story each issue!

Zombine

Banned
Would ya'll rather just read Hawkeye here next month? I can give Tyrant my images I made and the rules and we can just enjoy it here. Nobody else is going to give a fuck.

Yousefb

ComicGAF! Thinking of checking out Walking Dead Compendium 1. Worth the money? I used to like the show but got bored by season 3 or 4 can't remember lol.

Would ya'll rather just read Hawkeye here next month? I can give Tyrant my images I made and the rules and we can just enjoy it here. Nobody else is going to give a fuck.

Was your goal for making a separate thread to attract more people? Because it would still serve to have a separate thread dedicated to the book club regardless. If there's a lot of conversation about it, then it would kind of cockblock the regular flow of this thread.

VanWinkle

I feel like if there's a decent amount of people (like, at least ten) who will commit to the reading, it would be nice to have the dedicated thread just so there's a consolidated place to read through opinions and continue discussion.

Owzers

ComicGAF! Thinking of checking out Walking Dead Compendium 1. Worth the money? I used to like the show but got bored by season 3 or 4 can't remember lol.

Definitely worth it, much better than the show, though i think it's been sluggish lately. You should look at the humble bundle from Image comics right now, no walking dead but Invincible is on their in bulk along with other good stuff and some lewd stuff you shouldn't read in public.

Definitely worth it, much better than the show, though i think it's been sluggish lately. You should look at the humble bundle from Image comics right now, no walking dead but Invincible is on their in bulk along with other good stuff and some lewd stuff you shouldn't read in public.

Even if it's been a bit slow lately, there are 150 issues for him to get through. There's a lot of great stuff in there.

Yousefb

Excellent thanks for the heads up

Messi

He is done for good

tumblr_o18o6eE2Us1rxpq74o1_500.gif

Corpsepyre

Banned
Guys, is there a problem with DC hardcover bindings? The books just...don't stay open, and there's always this loss of section at the end of every page, where the pages blend in with the middle of the book (I hope I make sense here. Not sure how to word it).

Experienced it with Swamp Thing Snyder Deluxe Edition I bought. I have Scalped and Invisibles as well, but they're still in the wraps.

Guys, is there a problem with DC hardcover bindings? The books just...don't stay open, and there's always this loss of section at the end of every page, where the pages blend in with the middle of the book (I hope I make sense here. Not sure how to word it).

Loss of section? Are you talking about gutter-loss? That's a pretty common issue with collected editions.

Yousefb

OK so I just purchased the image humble bundle (20$!! That's crazy). What's the best file format to download and read the comics on an ipad?

Corpsepyre

Banned
Loss of section? Are you talking about gutter-loss? That's a pretty common issue with collected editions.

Yeah, that. It's common then? I just read up and saw some videos of DC hardcover bindings, and apparently they use the 'glue' methodology as opposed to having them sown. Hoping the pages stay Ok.

Vibranium

Banned
I'm so happy to hear about Bucky leading the Thunderbolts, it's the best place for him since Marvel probably won't do another solo for a long while (sadly). Can't wait to read. Dunno about the art though.

And I hate how he has no domino mask, it needs to stick around.

Owzers

OK so I just purchased the image humble bundle (20$!! That's crazy). What's the best file format to download and read the comics on an ipad?

whenever i read the pdf versions they seem to have crushed/oversaturated colors and the epub files are better. I dunno why that is. Epub can still be read in the apple Books app.

Messi

Anyone know anything about that Sunstone book in the humble bundle. It looks interesting from the cover but just wanted to see what y'all think before I jump in.

Yousefb

Alright this is really lame. Part of the image humble bundle is the Invincible Compendium. Naturally that's the biggest file so it takes a few min more to download. But after downloading it it seems like my ipad is having trouble opening it. I put open in comic flow and that loading circle has been going for at least 20 min. I did it twice. I don't know if it's stuck or if I should just wait more. The other books opened instantly.

Top Bottom