• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

Xis

It's okay. Eventually you'll come to the conclusion that it made no difference and just happened for the fuck of it, which makes ot worse because it all happened with no status quo change as a result (though supposedly the O5 X-Men coming to the present is somehow related).

I dunno, most of these events seem to have little lasting impact (remember Fear Itself? Thor is dead! Until he's not). Since it involves time-travel, I'm more accepting of the limited impact. Also, isn't all of the "oh no, we broke time!" aspect not a lead-in to Hickman's run?

Owzers

Star Wars #7's Obi-Wan journal story wasn't that interesting, a very slow story about a guy who can only watch Rockets games anymore and doesn't know what he's supposed to do about it outside of growing his beard and yelling "that's a foul!"

VanWinkle

So, I'm cool with Swamp Thing, Scalped and The Invisibles, right? They're all 'Deluxe Editions'. I read online that people were facing pages coming out for Brightest Day.

Yeah, they're totally fine AFAIK, although the bindings are probably pretty tight. About Brightest Day, that unfortunately has been an issue with more than a few peoples' copies. My copy has a great binding, luckily, but yeah. That book is an outlier, though. I haven't heard any issues like that particular one with any of the other DC books.

I don't have the hardcover but volumes 1-5 cover at least the start of this run don't they? I have to get back on the GA train after this month of MU.

Starting to read Silver Surfer now.

Jeff Lemire's run, which is the only one you need to care about, is collected in volumes 4, 5, and 6.

Savitar

Oh, I looked up AoU's effect on the Marvel Universe: Angela came to 616. That's about it. That and Hank McCoy got access to Doom's time platform to bring the O5 X-Men to the present, which has had no major effects on the timeline anyway.

Angela coming to the Marvel Universe was like a wet fart. They've tried to fit her in but she doesn't work with them very well.

The timeline splintering was referenced a few times, such as Uncanny Inhumans. And it was the reason for 616 Galactus entering the Ultimate Universe in Hunger IIRC.

Lasting effects, no. But then what does?

I dunno, most of these events seem to have little lasting impact (remember Fear Itself? Thor is dead! Until he's not). Since it involves time-travel, I'm more accepting of the limited impact. Also, isn't all of the "oh no, we broke time!" aspect not a lead-in to Hickman's run?
Fair enough. I'm just salty about it.

Ethan Van Sciver saying he's happy to resign with DC and Geoff saying it wouldn't be rebirth without him...shiiiit it could be Bouncing Boy Rebirth but I feel like I'd be hyped for those two on a book together. Johns also says more info soon. and a bolt emoticon but its twitter so who knows.

but EvS/GJ doing Shazam Rebirth then a Gary Frank ongoing...

Also is everyone having a good day?

Edit: I pointed out to someone there's no news of a reboot other than BC rumour-mongering and Johns favourited. this feels weird.

tim1138

Ethan Van Sciver saying he's happy to resign with DC and Geoff saying it wouldn't be rebirth without him...shiiiit it could be Bouncing Boy Rebirth but I feel like I'd be hyped for those two on a book together. Johns also says more info soon. and a bolt emoticon but its twitter so who knows.

JSA rebirth plz.

But no more EVS.

Savitar

Edit: I pointed out to someone there's no news of a reboot other than BC rumour-mongering and Johns favourited. this feels weird.

I use to think very highly of Ethan, then I found out he was a very very VERY Republican type douche bag, pretty sure he's a bit of the reason Geoff Johns old forum went to shit due to his demands/request. His wife is very nice though. She's a real gem.

I use to think very highly of Ethan, then I found out he was a very very VERY Republican type douche bag, pretty sure he's a bit of the reason Geoff Johns old forum went to shit due to his demands/request. His wife is very nice though. She's a real gem.

Oh I know he's very very republican-y etc (I feel like I can't judge much since I'm not american, just observe) but I feel like when the dude is passionate about a project it is typically quite sterling work. And if he's psyched about working with Johns again that's cool.

mreddie

The timeline splintering was referenced a few times, such as Uncanny Inhumans. And it was the reason for 616 Galactus entering the Ultimate Universe in Hunger IIRC.

Lasting effects, no. But then what does?

Ultimates do point that out in the new issue.

mreddie

Thoughts on the art?

Power-Man-and-Iron-Fist-1-Preview-1-b2833.jpg

So I just finished reading Injustice Gods among Us and it's the first comic I have ever read. Now im looking right now at Batman Eternal from the New 52 series and it look good but I know there is another Batman (the title is just batman) comic from the New 52, is it a follow up ?

I would strongly recommend reading Court of Owls/City of Owls (Batman Volumes 1 and 2) before Batman Eternal. Batman Eternal is set in between Death of the Family (Batman Volume 3) and Endgame (Batman Volume 7).

I would strongly recommend reading Court of Owls/City of Owls (Batman Volumes 1 and 2) before Batman Eternal. Batman Eternal is set in between Death of the Family (Batman Volume 3) and Endgame (Batman Volume 7).

Before that, Zero Year. It's the character's new 52 origin, and also fantastic.

That rebirth news is getting me hyped, I've been waiting for a Shazam solo since I read John's backups, though I'm sure there's fans who have been waiting since Ordway's Run, which was like 20+ years ago.

I'd prefer Johns to write the series though. There's nothing wrong with Parker, and he's great what he does, but Johns is really good at expanding lore and introducing new villains and concepts. If it's anything like Parker's Aquaman, it will be a bit more mundane. I'd prefer Johns to put in a solid 50 issues then hand it off to someone else like Parker.

That and I'm concerned about the performance of the title. Martian Manhunter hasn't done so well with great storytelling and he's one of the league's core founders for the longest time. I'm concerned how well it would sell without Johns.

Anyway, I think if Johns/Sciver are working on a rebirth I think it will be JSA.

Gotcha. It confused me when Courtney had the Star Rod all of a sudden and no explanation. I also want to know when Hourman the robot got replaced with Ryan Tyler instead. In an early issue, robot Hourman leaves to contemplate things after Extant, and never comes back. Ryan Tyler just shows up during the JLA/JSA crossover.

It's been awhile since I read JSA, but I think the robot switched places with the original hourman, to take his spot before Extant killed him.

It's been awhile since I read JSA, but I think the robot switched places with the original hourman, to take his spot before Extant killed him.

Nope. After the event he leaves to "contemplate his existence." He survives. Hourman doesn't show up again until the crossover, and at that point it's Ryan Tyler..

The dot? No. It's the icon DCBS / InStockTrades uses for items that are in-stock for your order but haven't shipped yet.

Messi's Bombshell Batwoman statue has shown that icon and then reverted to not-in-stock (plain white circle) about 20 times at this point.

That's what happens when they self-destruct

latest

For everything Messi orders, another Electrode dies.

Messi

The dot? No. It's the icon DCBS / InStockTrades uses for items that are in-stock for your order but haven't shipped yet.

Messi's Bombshell Batwoman statue has shown that icon and then reverted to not-in-stock (plain white circle) about 20 times at this point.

It's been like this for 2 weeks now.

Top Bottom