• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

Messi

Only? Feels like you've been bringing it up for months. I'm probably underestimating the comparison of the actual flow of time to how much I visit this thread.

No this most recent picked and scan.

I ordered the statue 3/4/15, it released 10/28/15. I'm still waiting and they have never once emailed me without me contacting them first.

shingi70

Banned
Really not feeling the look of that new Thunderbolts book. I wonder how they'e going to make it seem different to Squadron Supreme.

Really not feeling the look of that new Thunderbolts book. I wonder how they'e going to make it seem different to Squadron Supreme.

I know nothing about it except that it's a new Thunderbolts book. But I liked the last Thunderbolts books I read, pre-Dark Reign and during.

Falchion

Has anyone been keeping up with Grayson? I just read the first 2 issues but it didn't really grab me so I'm not sure if I should keep going or just move on.

Has anyone been keeping up with Grayson? I just read the first 2 issues but it didn't really grab me so I'm not sure if I should keep going or just move on.

I stopped buying it 2-3 issues ago because of a crossover that kinda made me lose interest. Up to that point it was really good, though. But if the first couple issues weren't your thing, it's probably best for you to move on.

Owzers

finally got around to watching the first episode of Supergirl with all ten sitting on my dvr destroying my hd space. It was OKAY, i do like the tone of it, but it's all wrapped up in typical tv show nonsense.

too much on tonight :/ Cavs/Wolves and spurs/warriors. Democratic forum thing with the non-trumps, serena/sharapova, and MONDAY NIGHT RAW. In caps.

Owzers

Supergirl is on too

i've heard of this show.

i haven't given the new X-Files a try yet, i'm pretty dismissive of its comeback and group it with 24's "release the hostages!" revivals. I grew tired of the series before it ended and those movies were awful. Also haven't tried The Colony because it looked goofy.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Damn it! I forgot to download issue #8 and #9 of Lazarus to my tablet before leaving for work. Guess I'll re-read the last arc of Revival tonight instead.

i've heard of this show.

i haven't given the new X-Files a try yet, i'm pretty dismissive of its comeback and group it with 24's "release the hostages!" revivals. I grew tired of the series before it ended and those movies were awful. Also haven't tried The Colony because it looked goofy.

Oh crap i forgot xfiles. I'll try it.

Started reading the Alpha Lanterns arc of Johns' GL run

The Guardians really are just the biggest assholes. And they don't stop, either. Can't stop, won't stop, I guess. Also Laira looks good in Red. My boy Atrocitus on the scene

The Guardians really are just the biggest assholes. And they don't stop, either. Can't stop, won't stop, I guess. Also Laira looks good in Red. My boy Atrocitus on the scene

Guardians are ultimately responsible for like +60% of the shit that the Corps has to deal with.

Such assholes.

Grayson is pretty popular, and that's because it gets waaaay better as you progress. I highly recommend sticking with it. There are some exceptional issues in the run.

Messi

Grayson is pretty popular, and that's because it gets waaaay better as you progress. I highly recommend sticking with it. There are some exceptional issues in the run.

I thought it was great from the very start tbh. I can see people not liking the series if they don't like the first 2 or 3.

tim1138

The Guardians are insufferable assholes and deserve everything that happens to them, Ganthet and Sayd are the only redeeming members of those bastards.

Guardians vs Illuminati
The Illuminati only ban together for Secret Wars type shit. They fuck up, but it's done sparingly, and it's ultimately for Earth's protection, and they know that shit ain't right most of the time. A lot of infighting.

Guardians are just manipulative assholes who want to control EVERYTHING. They constantly agree that Emotional Spectrum usage is bad and keep going back to Manhunter-type shit even though it never works.

Assholes

Messi

Rick Remender posted this on Twitter. I would be down to buy one of these.

CZSEs2dU8AAg01N.jpg:large

Oh and seemingly him and Wes Craig said that the Deadly Class OHC is confirmed.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Rick Remender posted this on Twitter. I would be down to buy one of these.

CZSEs2dU8AAg01N.jpg:large

Oh and seemingly him and Wes Craig said that the Deadly Class OHC is confirmed.

I'd rather have one of Kadir than Grant.

Or Shawn.

Or the Dude from The Endless Nation.

shingi70

Banned
A few more rebirth rumors from bleedingcool.

Marc Strivesti on a Batman book.

Len Wein on something that features the Justice League.

Some of what he heard is wrong as mutiolw creators are pitching the same book.

Just hope we get that Way/Cloonan Doom Patrol out of this.

Bombshells and The Legend of Wonder Woman continue to be gud. Legend in particular has this... pure, storyteller's tone to it. She's not a heroine here, she's... like, a princess in a fairytale, without the baggage associated with that. She's growing into a hero, though, so don't take that the wrong way. Already a badass, but without the surety that comes from experience. Etta Candy is up in here now, she's fantastic.

I almost feel bad saying that about the latter; it's fantastic title, and in a vacuum I'd have no qualms at all, but I've gotten into a number of arguments with rather annoying New 52 haters who despise the Azzarello run because of the changes it made to Wondy's origin (which I really liked), so there's some mixed feelings as a result. Feels like betrayal.

So, I realized I forgot to give my full opinion on the JSA Omnibus Vol. 1 that I finished recently. I will do so, but later.

Green Lantern: Rage of the Red Lanterns

While a lot of this book dealt on what could really be determined as justice or simply vengeance, and while it was relevant, quite honestly the most interesting part was all the Corps being awakened. I'm going to assume I should be reading Green Lantern Corps at this point? Because apparently there's a whole lot going on with the Star Sapphires and Sinestro Corps and it certainly isn't in this book. Regardless, my Guardians being complete dicks whilst one of them is a manipulative zombie. Blue Lanterns are top tier, so it's sad that they're completely useless otherwise. Like, I get the mentality behind them, and they are stupid broke otherwise, but come ON. The wanking of Hal Jordan is what this book should be called, I swear. "Greatest Green Lantern ever!" WHY?! WHY IS HE? SHOW ME!

Regardless, my boys in Red and my boys in Blue getting down with it. I respect that. Some great action, and a great evolution to multiple factions on multiple fronts. Though I would enjoy seeing what's going down with Sinestro Corps and Star Sapphires, that'll wait for another time. It also kinda sucks that the Red Lanterns are so evil, that they don't even have the tragedy or gray area that they do in their own book. Sad to see that, but what're ya gonna do? It's only their intro.

i must have been too busy reading my one comic several hours ago to have read everyone's posts here! It was at least 19 digital pages.
Pfffft lies
Just hope we get that Way/Cloonan Doom Patrol out of this.
We are never gonna get this. Not while Way is writing Hotel Oblivion ever so slowly.

Top Bottom